The best XP I EVER earned...

S

Summo

...was through tasks dished out by the guard, Bork in Huginfell, Midgard at level 14. I went from 0 xp to 7.3 bubbles in piss-easy tasks alone, and earned about 3 gold to boot. I only stopped when I reached my task limit for the level.

He asks you to nip off (in a variety of directions - ignore them) to kill mobs, 90% of which can be found about 20 paces East of Bork himself, 5% can be found in the Blodfelag area across the lake to the North and the remaining 5% can be found about 30 paces West of Audliten (North of Huginfell).

Best of all, each of them conned blue and yellow to me. After each kill Bork gave me around 11 silver and approximately 52,000xp. YES! 52 thousand for each kill!

It got me excited anyway.

I've summarised the locations of the type of mobs he asks you to kill. Apologies if I get the specific names a bit wrong.

East of Huginfell
Note that these mobs only spawn during daylight hours and are the easiest, closest and most common kills.
  • Large Sveawolf - Seemed to be Bork's most common request
  • Grass Cat
  • Snake thing
  • Blodfelag Oathbreaker

Blodfelag Camp
Directly North of Huginfell. Safer to stay on land and follow the perimater round NE. Watch out for Toestubber, though. This area is the trickiest but still relatively easy.
  • Blodfelag Captive
  • Blodfelag Henchman
  • Blodfelag Warhound
  • Snake thing
  • Large Sveawolf

West of Audliten
Audliten is a very short jog North of the edge of the Huginfell lake.
  • Ribbon Toad thing
  • Snake thing

I've forgotten some which are mentioned but I guarantee they'll be in one of these three locations. I assume this happens on other levels, too. I've never seen so much xp per second. Needless to say I'm level 15 now. :)

/edit: Just as an idea for you lower-level peeps (and assuming Bork is as free-and-easy with the tasks at all levels) I'd suggest two or three of you group as some of these mobs will probably con orange or red to you. If you can all get given the tasks you'll each have guaranteed xp from Bork on top of easy kills with 'naturally' high xp payout.

L

Louster

Uhm. Kill tasks are generated randomly based on your level. So he's gonna point you at stuff you should be able to kill yourself.

Though I don't know the specifics about which guards give you tasks at what levels or how that works.

X

Xavier

around level 25 you get a really pukka kill task - soloing njessi in Gna Faste...

1.108M exp for a single solo killtask schweeeet

P

Pfy

I was under the impression 'kill tasks' were only upto lvl20. Either way kill tasks are great.

Only thing that's annoying is when the god damn guard gets you to kill something fucking miles away, aside from that the XP and money is generally good. Bah, I'm so poor :(

X

Xavier

well it's a quest but you have to do a minimum level of kill tasks from bork before you can get it and you'll get other monstrous creatures to slay at higher levels so there doesn't appear to be a level cap.

There is however on normal tasks...

Heh, if you want to try and solo njessi at level 20 be my guest ;)

S

Sar

I've crossed that lake from Gna Faste to Galplen many times, and have yet to once see this Njessi.

:/

W

Wij

Doh, why did noone tell me about this before ???

Remind me how ?

(I killed about 9,000 drakes to get a level and 2 gold over 4+1/2 hours last night :()

S

Sar

I need some decent quests for my Level 6 Thane, cos most of the mobs at level 6 are either red or green - very few blues or yellows.

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Wij
Doh, why did noone tell me about this before ???

Remind me how ?

(I killed about 9,000 drakes to get a level and 2 gold over 4+1/2 hours last night :()

Find a guard (usually the named NPCs), select him and type /whisper Task. They'll either give u a task or say come back later.

At low lvls it's really easy/quick to lvl and the money is cool.

P

Pfy

Oh, but it's REALLY fucking boring, or at least i think so :)

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Sar
I need some decent quests for my Level 6 Thane, cos most of the mobs at level 6 are either red or green - very few blues or yellows.

Unfortunately no idea m8, don't play on midgard.

S

Sar

Think I'll budge it on greens (only need another 3 orbs to level after spending 3 hours last night gaining 4 orbs last night) tonight to get to lvl 7 then go do some kill tasks.

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Sar
Think I'll budge it on greens (only need another 3 orbs to level after spending 3 hours last night gaining 4 orbs last night) tonight to get to lvl 7 then go do some kill tasks.

Just group with another 1 or 2 people of your lvl and kill orange/red mobs. Find it more interesting than kill tasks and much the same XP (obviously only after you've killed 4/5 mobs :))

S

Sar

Originally posted by Wij
Well if you will shun our help :)

Heh, it's grouping with you higher lvl guys that's making it such a long haul for me to lvl up :p

Gonna solo until the weekend, do some tasks & quests and try and get some money up.

Oh and go find my grave just outside Huginfell after I got fucking nuked last night by a water sprite. :D

X

Xavier

look out for me tonight (/who xav)

we're gonna have a powerlevelling sesh and if anyone wants to tag along check my level with /who - when it hits 30 give me a shout =)

S

SoWat

Sar, if you're on tonight we could meet up and kill some orange/red stuff round Mularn.

It has to be better then getting beaten half to death and getting only 6XP when playing with the big boys :)

S

Sar

Yup I'll be on tonight, so I'll give you a shout - I'll be on as either Sariah (healer) or Arragorne (Thane).

\o/

W

Wij

Originally posted by SoWat
Sar, if you're on tonight we could meet up and kill some orange/red stuff round Mularn.

It has to be better then getting beaten half to death and getting only 6XP when playing with the big boys :)

rofl - big boys ? me ? :D

S

SoWat

Dwarven Guard Eske at Audliten (by the bind stone) also gives out humungous XP points for relatively easy kill tasks.

L

Louster

GOD DAMN YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR PLASTICENE PENISES.
Look, guards randomly give out RANDOM tasks. IT'S RANDOM LIKE FUN IS RANDOM. EXECTP that some guards only give you RANDOM LIKE FUN tasks at specific non-RABNDOM LIKE PLASTICENE levels.
They choose a RANDOM LIKE MOTHER target for you and then they give you experience for doing it. That's it. That's all. HELLO I AM A RANDOM PENIS///

L

Louster

If it keeps on raining, the levee's going to break.

S

Summo

Yeah, but when the levee breaks I'll have no place to stay.

S

Sar

Eske asked me to go SW of Aud and kill a whirlwind.

Er like, wtf?

:D

W

Wij

He asked me to kill the hopes anf dreams of the working class in Peru :eek6:

S

Sar

Fucking stupid Dwarves. Can't get another fkin kill task now until I level up again ffs - and only hitting level 7 last night after 3 nights of trying, well...

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom