Votes: 27 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

FH is my second home
Hey guys,

was wondering what company would sell it cheapest quickest etc. then thought...hey! you guys would know! anyway, also thought..here's a good place for a poll..what way to buy it etc:

post if you find good deals etc :) like cheap!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Play.com are supposedly selling it for £14.99 here. As Mythic launched this as an online only expansion I'm sure GOA will do the same.

I'm assuming GOA are making it available through other retailers so people without broadband can buy the DVDs needed instead of downloading upto a gigabyte. Easiest way will be the online license from GOA though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
erm, download from the US and change the update.dat to euro... buy your CD key from goa

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i wouldn't download it rom GoA until they sort there billing system out, as the last time i upgraded an account with them i had to wait 24 hours after i bought the cd key before i could re subscribe my account as "An invoice was in progress" so i bought the expansion but couldn't play it for 24 hours.

like wise if you decide to resubscribe to check darkness rising out and then decide to buy the cd key off them the same day you cant as " An invoice is currently in progress"

the best solution would be to resubscribe your account the day before the servers get patched, and then buy a key on the day.

what goa should do is allow you to buy a cd key and download the expansion now, you wont be able to play the game till the servers are patched but it will stop the patcher getting hammered.

the other solution is to change your updat.dat file like i have and download the US version, so i already have the expansion download i just have to activate it on the euro servers and download a small patch

:m00:

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I would download it plus buy CD key online for one of my accounts, and buy the box for the CD key for second account. I like boxes. They're pretty.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I think I'll end up buying the boxed version 6 or so times. Twice for me, once for my mum, once for one of my brothers and twice for my other brother. Ship it all in one big set, keeps shipping costs down.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
alot of people have said buy from a store.

What stores will sell DR? Pc world? Game?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
very few in the UK i imagine, goa have decided to release DR on a day that the big stores refuse to realease games on, they obviously havent learnt their lesson from the catacombs release. best bet really is to just DL it. i already have it installed on my Comp and ready to patch to EU the day it goes live, will just be buying a CD key direct from GOA.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
AFAIK Play.com and game are stocking DR. Ordered mine from play.com, they are releasing it on 3rd Feb.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
. i already have it installed on my Comp and ready to patch to EU the day it goes live, will just be buying a CD key direct from GOA.

Same here,who needs box to take space on any case :mad:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
No choice but to download online. DAOC not sold in Dubai. Although Warcraft, City of Heroes, Guildwars, City Of Villians and The Matrix are all sold here.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
So i wonder who will be tramping round all the Game shops in glasgow come the end of the month :/

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Most probably going to buy the key through GoA as I already have the client (had it for maybe a month now) since I mod-shards and have to be up to date! :p

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer having the client on disk , that way if i do have to F&R my system i can just pop in disks and away i go =).

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
So i wonder who will be tramping round all the Game shops in glasgow come the end of the month :/
Game aren't stocking it in Glasgow :(

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
[SS]Gamblor said:
I prefer having the client on disk , that way if i do have to F&R my system i can just pop in disks and away i go =).

Download it then backup the folder contents to a DVD or server.

I personally dont see the point of wasting resources on packaging.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
opened another acc on US today for the wife and it was really really simple. Started trialacc, took key from fileplanets trialDLpage, put in CCdetails for next period of payment (after 14 days), paid 29.99 Dollars for DR+Catas, downloaded the stuff and good to go. Fully activated account with everything available for 30 Dollars is fkin cheap tbh, very smooth aswell on Mythics paysite. Its wunderbar.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
might buy one box just for the artwork :) probably buy keys for the rest.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sittin here looking at a lovely red short cut on my desktop, I did same as Raven, downloaded a small 815meg file from Mythic US, made a copy of one of my catacombs folders.

Updated that file to Darkness Rising, altered update.dat to Euro address, I guessed changing /catacombs to /darkness. so I just need the CD key on day one, a small update to the euro verison and I'll be on playing like catacombs.

Good luck all

Eble

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Ordered a copy from play.com (I will never buy anything from GAME again after the way they fucked DAOC over when Catacombs came out) because I like to have copies of stuff on proper silver disks, but will d/l one as well since I have two accounts that will need copies anyway.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
What's the address?

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat

for EU

Nate

FH is my second home
thank you :eek: yeh i thought so, thx guys for all ur input. by the looks of it definately downloading from US and then updating on day of release (goa may even update patch servers earlier, dunno about that tho) and buying the CD Key from GoA.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I will buy one copy, so I have the box set, plus if it follows the Catacombs rules, it will be fully patched up, so if I have to every reinstall, it will be from the DR CDs (I am hoping its DVDs this time).

Then buy online keys for additional accounts.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
From what I remember when catacombs went live, when I downloaded the US client and used DL gamer for the CD key I was one of the first to be able to create a Bainshee and even took it to hadrians.

So I have the same hopes for DR.

Eble

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

When I opened the US update.dat it had 'darkness' in place of the 'catacombs' cant see whay it would be different here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom