The best/newest F1 game atm?

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
What's the best F1 game atm? I've been waiting but haven't seen a F1 game for years :(

It should either be for PC or xbox360 (I would prefer xbox360)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Dont think they do them now tbh.. on either platform, i havnt seen one for years. There is a new one for the PS3 though, but i guess that doesnt help.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Grand Prix 4.
Yeah, that old :(

There's newer in the form of EA's F1 Challenge 2002 - but it's made by EA and therefore 1. looks like shit and 2. drives like shit and 3. plays like shit.

Roll on the next Crammond production.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Live for speed has some f1 styled cars but a very very VERY hardcore comunity or gtr on pc is the closest of the newest batch on pc

if you realy want an f1 game then its ps3.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Reinstalled GP4 recently, half way through my 6th full length race on pro :D Love it. It doesn't even look that dated, it's just the drivers that are. I guess there will be patches somewhere to fix that though. :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Thought I'd update this a bit.

Codemasters now have the licence as most of us will know already but they're already moving on with it and it's looking like more of a sim than a game, which in my eyes is damned good news.

Pop over to their site and look at the forums, they're inviting ideas from folks, they have active developers on the forums and are letting loose with a few bits of information to whet the appetites.

For instance, they are hinting at input from real drivers, they already have a row of permanent testing pods running all the top F1 games ever - i.e. grand prix 4, the last Playstation version whatever that was, F1 Challenge, LFS and rFactor (I'll comment on that afterwards). Not only this, but they're trying to get their hands on the Red Bull team's official simulator - they've been told yes but warned that nearly all non F1 people that drive it throw up immediately because of the G force it produces ;)

It's definatley looking more like a sim than an arcade game, so forget the moronic randomness of Grid's racing system and controls. Hopefully it doesn't alienate the keyboard racers (ala rFactor to a point but especially Live For Speed) and keeps somewhere along the lines of Grand Prix 4.

Now, if anyone's still after something to play.
Grab rFactor, and the FSOne mod for it (2007)
It's the same engine that EA's F1 Challenge 99-02 used but far more up to date, but it will look a little old alongside the likes of GRiD. Very realistic physics & setups, definately best experienced with a wheel. Sounds very good too which is a common gripe with these racers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom