News The BBC has its head up its arse!!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Its surprising seeing as their news coverage of the whole thing is so one sided its untrue. Israel this and Israel that, they never mention why Israel are attacking, you know, the small matter of them having rockets fired into Israel.

The BBC is a fucking shambles run by imbeciles.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Have you seen the advert? I haven't. The BBC editorial team will have.

At least withhold your judgement until the advert has been aired.

rynnor

Rockhound
Have you seen the advert? I haven't. The BBC editorial team will have.

At least withhold your judgement until the advert has been aired.

The others are showing it so cant be bad - its actually that the BBC is afraid of the controversy around the conflict so its bottling it.

Considering they showed appeals for Burma/Ethiopia and other dodgy regimes or areas of conflict makes them really look biased in this case.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
How is humanitarian aid a political act? The BBC refuses to show an appeal for humanitarian aid in Gaza - its absolutely shamefull!

I disagree, this situation is man made there for a political situation.
If this was broadcasted by the BBC where should the line be drawn?

rynnor

Rockhound
I disagree, this situation is man made there for a political situation.
If this was broadcasted by the BBC where should the line be drawn?

I think an appeal for anywhere people are suffering should be shown - what does it matter if a disaster is man made or natural?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The others are showing it so cant be bad - its actually that the BBC is afraid of the controversy around the conflict so its bottling it.

Considering they showed appeals for Burma/Ethiopia and other dodgy regimes or areas of conflict makes them really look biased in this case.

The others are commercial stations and not publicly funded in the same manner as the BBC.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, impartiality is something i'd like to see more from news agencies. This is given.

Not airing it IS their choice and they shouldn't be hung for it, but at the same time i can't see any harm in airing it.

Mostly it goes to show that if you do good things, noone notices, but if you don't, you're the anti-christ.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

channel five are showing it so it must be unbiased and true :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i dont pretend to understand the full nature off whats gone off in gaza but it seems to me that hamas is branded a terrorist regime yes? they have brought this down on the heads of there own populace by repeatedly bullying israel whose government is not a terrorist regime?

israel didnt start the war, hamas did by repeatedly firing rockets into israel. they do not have the military might to stand up to israel, and no one else in the world is going to openly stand up and side with hamas,so it was inevitable israel were gonna have to stick the boot in at some point

frankly i dont think the BBC want to air it because A) it shows sympathy towards hamas B) this country has enough damn problems as it is.

im with the BBC on this one we all know theres a conflict on in gaza if people want to give aid thats there choice, but im damn sure theres alot more who couldnt give 2 shits about this conflict and dont want to hear yet another cause asking for money, we get enough of that at christmas.

i dont condone whats happening over there. but the fact is theres alot of charities in this country i would give to before giving to a country that protects terrorist organisations.

if they want to help gaza send the special forces in and wipe em all out.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well its not like its that much difference between israels goverment and hamas. they both chuck missiles at eachother for no good reason. only real difference is that hamas is on the terrorist list, while israel isnt there quite yet.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i know what ya saying its a silly petty argument with missiles but hamas just cannot ever hope to match israel, and its irresponsible to try. i know the people need the aid am not disputing that its terrible whats going off over there. but the BBC needs to remain impartial here if it wishes to keep correspondants in the middle east if it airs this appeal it could be seen and will be by hardliners as the BBC condeming the israeli attacks.

Zede

Part of the furniture
i dont pretend to understand the full nature off whats gone off in gaza but it seems to me that hamas is branded a terrorist regime yes? they have brought this down on the heads of there own populace by repeatedly bullying israel whose government is not a terrorist regime?

israel didnt start the war, hamas did by repeatedly firing rockets into israel. they do not have the military might to stand up to israel, and no one else in the world is going to openly stand up and side with hamas,so it was inevitable israel were gonna have to stick the boot in at some point

frankly i dont think the BBC want to air it because A) it shows sympathy towards hamas B) this country has enough damn problems as it is.

im with the BBC on this one we all know theres a conflict on in gaza if people want to give aid thats there choice, but im damn sure theres alot more who couldnt give 2 shits about this conflict and dont want to hear yet another cause asking for money, we get enough of that at christmas.

i dont condone whats happening over there. but the fact is theres alot of charities in this country i would give to before giving to a country that protects terrorist organisations.

Lets invade Jordan ! ( that's a country) and sort those pesky Iranians too, bloody trouble makers the lot of em' eh chipper ?

We just had 8 years of your type of fuckwit politics chipper. Using I "dont pretend to understand" then spouting your synapse deficient right wing bullshit.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
thats your oppinion zede your entitled to it. my oppinion is this country has enough problems we have suffering here too you know homeless people jobless people a shambolic NHS and the list goes on. sort out your own backyard before you start tryin to sort everyone elses out.

as for the i dont pretend to understand well i dont do you? feel free to educate me if so. if your an expert in middle eastern affairs i am listening. unfortunately i only have what the news tells me the bbc i might add cos i do believe they are impartial.

you dont have to agree with me but try recognise that not everyone shares your oppinions.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Its surprising seeing as their news coverage of the whole thing is so one sided its untrue. Israel this and Israel that, they never mention why Israel are attacking, you know, the small matter of them having rockets fired into Israel.

The BBC is a fucking shambles run by imbeciles.

your a genius

Trem has solved it guys. Your joking surly ? They got rockets fired into Israel ? Go tell Obama and the world your revalation.

Its not the 1980s, its 21st C, Israel simply cannot get away with the shit they used to do. The world is watching now, nothing has changed - this Israeli brutality has always been going on, always its just the news chose to biased towards the Israelis, get it ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
thats your oppinion zede your entitled to it. my oppinion is this country has enough problems we have suffering here too you know homeless people jobless people a shambolic NHS and the list goes on. sort out your own backyard before you start tryin to sort everyone elses out.

as for the i dont pretend to understand well i dont do you? feel free to educate me if so. if your an expert in middle eastern affairs i am listening. unfortunately i only have what the news tells me the bbc i might add cos i do believe they are impartial.

you dont have to agree with me but try recognise that not everyone shares your oppinions.

and here you have a classic example of closed mindedness. Of course we have problems, every country does. We live on planet Earth, not Planet England. Sad thing is millions upon millions of uk people think the same way, we called them Conservatives in days past.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
no its not called close mindedness at all its called prioritising fix the problems in this country and we are in a better position to help other countries, that is a simple economic truth

what about all these rich shieks eh? dont see them lifting a finger to help oh wait they are too busy buyin football clubs and building 6 star hotels. so dont preach to me about its our duty or any of that bollox

people in england are losing their jobs, and their fucking homes, because of rich bastards who control this country and they have the nerve to say its our duty to help others, while they give themselves another fucking bonus?? its easy to say these people need our help when you can afford to aid them. when you cant afford to pay your fucking electric bill or your mortgage and then you see appeals on tv making you feel guilty because you cannot afford to give makes me fucking sick. me closed minded? no m8 your the one who needs to open his eyes.

like i said its shambolic whats happening over there fact is too many people are already in a slump the last thing they need is a fuckin guilt trip.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Oi, Zede!

You come in here damning everyone else's opinions without giving your own? You slate Chipper without really giving any reasoned arguments and when he replies with a level-headed "thats your opinion and you're entitled to it" reply and you call him closed-minded? Are you trying to flaimbait or are you just fucking dumb?

You may well be right, you may well have good points, but when you attack everyone's opinions without giving your own and basicly just act like a ten year old with people you disagree with, it means your good points get lost because people are just thinking what a complete tosser you are.

Whoever is in the wrong, things aren't black and white, and when you pretend they are with broad generalisations you show just how naive you really are.

Either act responsibly and give a reasoned argument or just fuck off.

PS. I know I'm not giving my opinion either, its because I dont think its worth it when the person you're trying to debate with acts like you have.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Oi, Zede!

You come in here damning everyone else's opinions without giving your own? You slate Chipper without really giving any reasoned arguments and when he replies with a level-headed "thats your opinion and you're entitled to it" reply and you call him closed-minded? Are you trying to flaimbait or are you just fucking dumb?

You may well be right, you may well have good points, but when you attack everyone's opinions without giving your own and basicly just act like a ten year old with people you disagree with, it means your good points get lost because people are just thinking what a complete tosser you are.

Whoever is in the wrong, things aren't black and white, and when you pretend they are with broad generalisations you show just how naive you really are.

Either act responsibly and give a reasoned argument or just fuck off.

PS. I know I'm not giving my opinion either, its because I dont think its worth it when the person you're trying to debate with acts like you have.

Oh shut up please, give me some fucking credit. You know the thing about these right wing cnuts ? they veil it so well, they have to other wise they would be ostrocised. Chipper is no different to the millions of other Daily mail readers who make up a fair chunk of the country. He can be as polite and nice as he wants to be, but I can guess the sort of shit that comes of his mouth when hes drunk.

Not naieve, just bored of the same ole' same ole' right wing blinkered shit, i could get my point across to a brick wall quicker.

Like the BNP, always intelligent enough to never quite cross that fine line that is deemed acceptable. Always nice always courteous. Take your self righteouness and shove it up your behind, if you wouldnt mind Dukat m8ey m8.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, but ultimately that's completely irrelevant. Much though I disagree with Chippers opinion, after you slagged his post of he came back with a polite response. Either put forward a decent composed post with points to contradict Chipper or fuck off back to OT where this sort of retarded bollocks flies.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
dont read newspapers i have the internet so i get my news from the BBC.

please entertain me and tell me what comes out of my mouth when im drunk. you see if i say it when drunk ill say it when im sober i dont hide behind drink. im not afraid to speak up for what i believe in hence the post. frankly im surprised i aint had more abuse i know what i have said would meet with opposition. and frankly it speaks volumes about how much more mature these other posters are who can hold an intelligent debate.

dont assume to judge me you dont know me and you certainly dont know my beliefs.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
I think an appeal for anywhere people are suffering should be shown - what does it matter if a disaster is man made or natural?

the point I was trying to get over (in my own crappy way ;) ) was that the BBC shouldnt get involved in political stuff.

Yes the blockade of the Gaza strip is not good in my opinion but a regime that tries to exploit that like Hamas is just as bad.
They were/are capable of smugling loads of rockets through the blockade but no food??

Tom

I am a FH squatter
chipper I think you have to remember that nobody over here is dying of starvation, being buried alive in rubble, or being shot at by another country's forces.

Personally I have little sympathy for the people in Gaza, and I don't feel that any of this is our problem. There are plenty of other countries around there that could deal with it, they choose not to bother. Says alot IMO.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Oh shut up please, give me some fucking credit. You know the thing about these right wing cnuts ? they veil it so well, they have to other wise they would be ostrocised. Chipper is no different to the millions of other Daily mail readers who make up a fair chunk of the country. He can be as polite and nice as he wants to be, but I can guess the sort of shit that comes of his mouth when hes drunk.

Not naieve, just bored of the same ole' same ole' right wing blinkered shit, i could get my point across to a brick wall quicker.

Like the BNP, always intelligent enough to never quite cross that fine line that is deemed acceptable. Always nice always courteous. Take your self righteouness and shove it up your behind, if you wouldnt mind Dukat m8ey m8.

My self righteousness?

You do know what the word means, right? Take a look at your own posts and tell me they dont smack of someone who thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong?

I never even actually disagreed with you, I just disagreed with your method of putting your opinion across.

You have a Bull-in-a-chinashop attitude to debate when it comes to this sort of subject and you never seem to stop putting your opinion across in the same manner as the average football hooligan. Many times you really do have good points, but they always seem to get lost because you just cant keep it to putting those points across.

I guess its annoying to have someone judging your posts like I have, but when you act like you have here you really do ask for it.

You're trying to make him and many other people out to be closet Nazi's because they happen to disagree with you on something you believe in strongly. You talk about brick walls, perhaps you're more like that than the people you're accusing?

You may well be the most reasonable person in the world behind your keyboard but right now you look like someone who is intolerant and incapable of seeing anything from any point of view but your own.

I'm standing up for them, even though I may disagree with many of thier points, because atleast they have the decency to debate like civilized people.

Give you some credit? How about you start earning some?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
chipper I think you have to remember that nobody over here is dying of starvation, being buried alive in rubble, or being shot at by another country's forces.

Personally I have little sympathy for the people in Gaza, and I don't feel that any of this is our problem. There are plenty of other countries around there that could deal with it, they choose not to bother. Says alot IMO.

yup i know that tom and im not tryin to make light of the situation over there, im just saying the general public has enough problems of their own and generally people are quite selfish and look to their own immediate needs not others and with the recession on that mentality has surely been bolstered.

all that appeal will do to the general public is a) make them annoyed b)change channel, the BBC has had enough bad press over the last year thanks to mr ross and accomplice :)

rynnor

Rockhound
yup i know that tom and im not tryin to make light of the situation over there, im just saying the general public has enough problems of their own and generally people are quite selfish and look to their own immediate needs not others and with the recession on that mentality has surely been bolstered.

Actually no - I think people who are suffering (even if its only in a small way so far in this country) tend to feel more kinship and sympathy for others in the world who are also suffering.

But thats a bye and bye - its not an appeal for funds for Hamas - its just for the basic humanitarian aid for the civilians caught in the middle - I cant see how thats a political act?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Charity starts at home, not with terrorists or african warlords.

Fuck you Zede you hopeless student hippy.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
your a genius

Trem has solved it guys. Your joking surly ? They got rockets fired into Israel ? Go tell Obama and the world your revalation.

Its not the 1980s, its 21st C, Israel simply cannot get away with the shit they used to do. The world is watching now, nothing has changed - this Israeli brutality has always been going on, always its just the news chose to biased towards the Israelis, get it ?

Not your it is you're, sort that out first then I may read all the way through your posts.

Silly gobshite.

Also please tell me that I am wrong, did they not fire rockets into Israel, is that right, is it all lies. The news is biased towards Israel....is it.....which news is this pray tell?

If you poke a bigger boy in the eye expect to get a beating.

Zenith

Part of the furniture

Pretty crazy how wrong your statements are. Gaza is a territory that have been in so many wars in its time its quite scary, but the current state started with Israel illegally sieged Gaza, a way to make territorial expansion happening, much like their siege to the south of Lebanon, which they are still holding on to, illegaly. Hamas is viewed as a terrorist organisation by the west, as the Hizbollah, but the view is not shared by a lot of countries and people in the East and middleeast. However, Hamas shooting rockets over the Israeli border can not be justified, just like the Israeli actions to Lebanon and Gaza can not.

Making this question into a political debate is just making it a standstill. A fact is that the people n Gaza are dying, killed, murdered, and its a humitarian catastrophe. They need humitarian aid. Its that easy.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The BBC is correct on one thing. They have issues with how aid is distributed. When EU gave money to Palestinian Government they found is just dissapeared. 16,000 people employed at an airport that hasn't seen a landing in 4 years, that kind of shit going on. Money is a dangerous thing to give a known terrorist organisation. Better to supply food and clothing or charity manganged building programmes where Hamas doesn't get their pinkys on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom