News The Barnet Graph of DOOM

rynnor

Rockhound
Not sure if everyone saw this yet - came out about a month ago showing how in a few decades Barnet council would only be able to fund its mandatory duties - children and old folks and everything else - parks, libraries, rubbish collection would have to go?

game-graph-2.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Misleading thread title, was expecting some flaming flying skull ackshun.

2/10.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Alternate title: The Barnet Graph of "Give Us More Money Or We'll Scare The Piss Out Of The Voters With A Bullshit Powerpoint Presentation"

rynnor

Rockhound
What I couldnt understand was why the child services budget increased by so much ?

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
What I couldnt understand was why the child services budget increased by so much ?

Clearly the parents see graph, realise Barnet is going to pot, lose their temper and beat the crap out of their kids thus forcing the council to take more children into care hence increasing the need for a higher budget.

Duh

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well I can clearly see in that graph two groups who would give very little resistance to a fast moving execution squad.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Spend less (Fire more chair warmers) earn more (raise more tax) problem solved.

But yeah, pointless propaganda aimed squarely at the middle classes (taxable people)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
When you hit 65, you're given a bottle of vodka, bottle of water, a sharp stick and sent into the wilderness. Those who come back at 70 get full benefits.

Problem...solved?

You can also do this with 6 to 10, takes care of the other issue too.

Chilly

Balls of steel
The cost of looking after special needs kids is rising massively. There's also a large increase in the legal budget for schools to defend against parents suing schools for better support/their shit kids being expelled/bullying/etc

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, my wife works with special needs kids and their families and they aren't getting any more money, they are on about closing some down and merging centres. The cost is actually lowering because they aren't paying for it.

Who the fuck cares about special needs kids when for the same money you can employ hundreds of seat warmers and desk attendants at the council offices?

rynnor

Rockhound
I wondered if they are expecting a doubling in the number of kids due to migrants?

It is a london borough after all (even though its a dull one :p ).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
For the disagree'ers.

Please note the pretty massive amount of obvious sarcasm.

Sar

Part of the furniture
It's Jimmy Carr's fault. Obv. If only he'd paid his proper taxes...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom