News The Banks win again

rynnor

Rockhound
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20928354

Bloody hilarious - instead of having to hold lots of cash the banks just need enough residential mortgages - despite the fact that these are useless if there's a run on the bank.

Its a big pat on the back and paves the way for a return to the bad old days where they chase any short term profits and we end up baling them out again when it goes to shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cool. I'll be expecting a nice hike to the price of my shares tomorrow morning then.

Tip: Pick the biggest bunch of nazi bastards you can think of and buy their shares. They're gonna win in the end...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
+10p a share today and rising...

I don't understand how anyone thinks we live in a "free" market. We live in a system designed for the benefit of the rich.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
After Barclays ripped my dad off he bought loads of shares in them. He figured any business that good at stealing from people would always do well. So far it's been a good investment iirc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice from the locksmiths.

It's not start of the revolution but simply people who see what the banks are doing on a day to day basis and refusing to join in. The rest of the country probably thinks "well, they shouldn't have gotten themselves into debt"...

Anyway. Shares are rising quickly still. Happy days.

Poag

m00?
They are? HSBC and SANT are down so far today....

[edit] Ah BARC is up, some others down.

[edit2] NO i sit corrected. I has NYSE up for SAN and HSBC. LSE banks are up.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Spain is even more doomed than Greece; its going to fall harder and the whole country will break up in the next 5-10 years. Good for the locksmiths, classy.

I was interested in the story of the Colombian immigrant in that article; surely you'd just hand the keys over to the bank and fuck off back to Bogota? Colombia's economy is on the up.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The problem is people falling for the banks smooth marketing, who are in fact thieving shysters who should be personally held responsible for duping people into impossible levels of debt.
If you did it on someones doorstep, you would be arrested, but these fuckers hide behind their equally guilty lawyers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
BARC up to 300 and rising. The fucking nazi's.

Glad I bought at ~155 ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Who do you use Scouse? as a broker.

I just opened me a share trading account with Barclays, funnily enough. Had a contract with them at the time and the (falling) share price was plastered on their internet.

Was ribbing the lads in the office that I was going to buy at the low point. They didn't believe me. I'll sell at £3.20 :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whats their commission rate?

Can't remember.

All I know is that the money was sitting offsetting my mortgage like a good little boy. The government has reduced interest rates to below inflation so my money was devaluing like nobodies business - so I went "fuck that"... :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
JEESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST.

They keep bouncing off an invisible £3 ceiling.

It appears the market is waiting for something and £3 is some sort of an emotional barrier. Been like this for weeks now. I just want them to hit 320p and then I'll sell - which will cover the cost of my new kitchen and bathroom, re-offset my mortgage and give me 6 months credit-card payments for free so I can leisurely find myself a job.

Speaking of which - after 14 months of pure bliss it's time for me to re-enter the workforce. Anyone know of any technical project manager or high-level wintel techie jobs going? I can do either competently - if it's contract basis then I don't care where it is either as sitting in a hotel in the evening means I get more work done during the day and have plenty of time to practice the guitar :)

As an amusing aside - the only job I thought about taking on last year was a very lucrative techie job at an Algerian gas field. Kinda glad I dodged that bullet. Literally.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can come round and clear my barn for the summer if you like.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
It appears the market is waiting for something and £3 is some sort of an emotional barrier. Been like this for weeks now. I just want them to hit 320p and then I'll sell - which will cover the cost of my new kitchen and bathroom, re-offset my mortgage and give me 6 months credit-card payments for free so I can leisurely find myself a job.

You can get all that for £3.20!?

Chilly

Balls of steel
I use TD Waterhouse as my broker and natwest for my ISA. Recently liquidated my holdings and reinvested due to advice from a pro. One stock already -20% but there's several +10% so it's all balancing out. Long term it should be a strong portfolio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom