Fact The banana

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Just a reminder that regardless of all the shite you get fed by hippes, greenies and rich cooks on the tv, there's nothing natural available to eat, EVERYTHING is the result of thousands of years of messing about by humans.

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-unfortunate-sex-life-of-the-banana/#more-971

I think you've made the cardinal error that every rational person makes of failing to understand the extremely important differences between the kinds of genetic engineering that right-wing idiots like (the rustic, olde-worlde kind) and the kind they hate (the modern, "playing God" kind). See also nuclear power (Sun = Good, Reactor = Bad), pregnancy prevention (Abstinence = Good, Abortion = Bad) and so on.

I also seem to remember that carrots used to be purple (and probably still are, outside the standard grown-for-human-consumption strains).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why shouldn't we play god? Afterall, according to a big chunk of humanity that leen towards the beardy fella on a cloud theory, we were made in his image :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
you mean my entire banana life has been a lie?!? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah well...

im still gonna eat bananas :) and sing the banana phone song

ring ring ring ring ring banana phone ding dong ding dong ding bunana phooooone it comes in bunches, ive got my hunches...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh wow, a complete mis understanding of the subject matter again!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You do realise if we hadn't have selected bread different wheats, grains etc. the world would be starving and not have enough food?

Oh wait no you don't even think before you post.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Er, the post was that nothings natural, except as pointed out, if you eat wild animals.
I'm failing to spot the difference between thousands of years of meddling and genetic modification??
Er, it's EXACTLY the same thing on a faster time scale, wheat is grass, we have made it into wheat and invented flour.
Potatoes, carrots, swedes, apples, pears, etc, etc have been altered from tiny buds into the totally unatural food they are today, nature would never spend so much energy on food stores that would only get pinched.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Er, the post was that nothings natural, except as pointed out, if you eat wild animals.
I'm failing to spot the difference between thousands of years of meddling and genetic modification??
Er, it's EXACTLY the same thing on a faster time scale, wheat is grass, we have made it into wheat and invented flour.
Potatoes, carrots, swedes, apples, pears, etc, etc have been altered from tiny buds into the totally unatural food they are today, nature would never spend so much energy on food stores that would only get pinched.

And eating wild animals, especially ones a bit nearby on the old family tree, is probably how we ended up with the bad AIDS. So there's even MORE reason for eating nice, safe interfered-with-by-humans-for-millenia, food.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Again you also seem to fail to realise that we have specifically bred certain breeds of animal to our own preference, so even your "wild animals" stuff is just pure fantasy. Again.

Job

Oh I see wild animals are just fantasy, like unicorns and dragons.

Job

Your reply completely and utterly and on every level agreed with mine and you stlil had to mention I was living in a fantasy.
Wild animals=not altered by man
Pigs etc, wild animals modifed by man.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Square pigs would produce bacon that fits better between two slices of bread though surely?

I think some serious research needs to be done.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm, only if we get them by selective breeding, none of this gene meddling goofiness!!!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I reckon we need to make GM pigs that just come apart like Lego. Then you just buy a whole pig and start pulling off the HoggBloxx(TM) and throw them straight on the BBQ. Failing that, some kind of chicken that cooks itself would also be good...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We need a lizard like re-growing pig, which has the nervous system removed from the yummy-meaty parts, so it can produce meat for our noms with zero pain :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home
We need a lizard like re-growing pig, which has the nervous system removed from the yummy-meaty parts, so it can produce meat for our noms with zero pain :p

But pain produces endorphins that make the meat super-yummy! I think we need exactly that but with MORE nerve endings for an infinite supply of uber-meat! Or you know, something less likely to make PETA find me and burn my house to the ground.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm, perhaps remove the nerve-system connections to the brain, so the meat hurts, but the pig is happy as a...well...pig :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom