The Bad side of the free trial

rynnor

Rockhound
Tons of geometry hackers who dont have to worry about being banned as they can just start another free trial.

Saw a ton of this in tier 1 last night - could become annoying.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Seen a few reports elsewhere of hack type stuff. Fortunately the wankers cannot get beyond T1, but still, its not good. Althought we may be sceptical about a few things, I do believe that this is one of the things that Mythic and GOA will be all over like a rash.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Must admit I never saw any of that last night - IP and CC bans imo!

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, I'm not sure I can tell the difference between someone exploiting, and someone not being where your client is displaying them as a result of lag. I know on the PvE side of things I'm getting "Target is out of range" a lot when the mob's right next to me.

Are there key differences in behaviour of someone's toon which might indicate they're geometry hacking as opposed to just lagging?

rynnor

Rockhound
To be honest, I'm not sure I can tell the difference between someone exploiting, and someone not being where your client is displaying them as a result of lag. I know on the PvE side of things I'm getting "Target is out of range" a lot when the mob's right next to me.

Are there key differences in behaviour of someone's toon which might indicate they're geometry hacking as opposed to just lagging?

Well in tier 1 they were moving into the ramp that leads up to the chaos warcamp and popping out briefly to pick a target then moving back in and using ranged attacks.

To be honest they were so blatant (3 of em) that it was obvious - it would be possible to do it more subtly and make it harder to call but this was probably just kids.

I think the key thing to look for is consistency - if you repeatedly see someone appearing to enter solid objects and keep getting targetted by them whilst you cant get LOS then they could be geometry hackers.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
I had a Magus doing that a few times yesterday , i saw him pop and i threw a insta dot on him (with RP) , yea yea i know RP dot's aint the most evul ones , but all off sudden i could not see him anymore , but i saw the dmg i did on him raising from the ground , and he kept casting on me :/

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
I would fucking hope not indeed lol :D

....but it does make you wonder how on earth they are able to put back accounts on auto renewal then eh ;)

when you type in your CC details the first time they send 10-15 requests for a payment right away, just with different dates on... or something like that ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom