the 400 randow free renown points...

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, some will not know what I am talking about, but until now, I have spotted this happen to me 3 times, and I am not sure why it happens, but I got my theory.

Now, this is what happens:

I am running around in PvE, minding my own business and grinding some quests or running around like a maniac, while waiting for a scenario, suddenly, "You gain 400 renown points!" pop into the combat window. No explaination of how or why, it was just there. First time this happened, it made me ding RR16 iirc on my shaman, which had me very confused, as I was just jumping around in Barak Varr underground and suddenly big animations on my screen.

After that, I have spotted it happening two times; 1 time while doing a PQ with my shaman (again) while waiting for a scenario

And 1 time on my level 9 or 10 (at the time) chosen while grinding a PQ waiting for scenario.

So, my question is; Does anyone know for certain if there is a feature that gives you 400 renown points if your wait for a scenario is longer than X?
Because thats what I think it was, like a compensation for having to wait so long

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Okay, some will not know what I am talking about, but until now, I have spotted this happen to me 3 times, and I am not sure why it happens, but I got my theory.

Now, this is what happens:

I am running around in PvE, minding my own business and grinding some quests or running around like a maniac, while waiting for a scenario, suddenly, "You gain 400 renown points!" pop into the combat window. No explaination of how or why, it was just there. First time this happened, it made me ding RR16 iirc on my shaman, which had me very confused, as I was just jumping around in Barak Varr underground and suddenly big animations on my screen.

After that, I have spotted it happening two times; 1 time while doing a PQ with my shaman (again) while waiting for a scenario

And 1 time on my level 9 or 10 (at the time) chosen while grinding a PQ waiting for scenario.

So, my question is; Does anyone know for certain if there is a feature that gives you 400 renown points if your wait for a scenario is longer than X?
Because thats what I think it was, like a compensation for having to wait so long

QQ?:lol:

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH

Totally! I totally cry myself to sleep each night for getting 400 renown points for free! So cruel...

Or perhaps I am just interested to know, because I like knowing stuff...

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Totally! I totally cry myself to sleep each night for getting 400 renown points for free! So cruel...

Or perhaps I am just interested to know, because I like knowing stuff...

relax m8! just joking ;)

If your realm achieved stuff u get it, and if u participated in keep take earlier, and later it gets taken.. u still get some i believe

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah right before you get your free RP's did you not notice the enormous in game sound effects and music and big letters on screen anoouncing your realm having captured the zone you are in? :p

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
No, didn't notice any sound effects/music/big letters.

Also, if that was indeed the case, wouldn't there be a message about it in either chat or in the combat window as well?

I just got the
"you gain 400 renown points" message, nothing else.

Can't guarantee there was no big message on the screen; There was the first time, but as said, that was announcing me gaining Renown Rank 15-16-17 or whatever, not sure which it was at that point anymore

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Ice, I got that while standing in Barak Varr, just outside the RvR zone. Got no message either, just 200more rps :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Usually you get the message about the zone capture and then it takes a minute or so for you to get rps and also some xp bonus. Last time it happened to my level 28 Sorc it was 1200 free rps though which is alot, but it's not entirely 'free' because pve things like PQ completion also count towards zone conquering points though you may ofc have just walked into the zone :)

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
Well that is easy when ever a side takes over a location or keep the whole area is affected since it's war everyone gets a piece of the cake :)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Usually you get the message about the zone capture and then it takes a minute or so for you to get rps and also some xp bonus. Last time it happened to my level 28 Sorc it was 1200 free rps though which is alot, but it's not entirely 'free' because pve things like PQ completion also count towards zone conquering points though you may ofc have just walked into the zone :)

That actually may explain a lot. Didn't know PQs contributed and I was on my way to help some guildies with a PQ the first time it happened

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom