Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
six.gif

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Are we at the point of lolchester UTD yet?

Gray

FH is my second home
Oh my sweet days. What is happening today.

United, Leicester AND Liverpool???

Embattle

FH is my second home
Wheels certainly falling of many clubs wagons, I always wondered if covid and the short off season might cause some oddities this season.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thanks Liverpool, you have earned me the grand total of -2 points so far in fantasy football...with 2 players on the pitch.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Salah captain for me. :clap:

Edit - Fuck me, the 6th has just gone in.

Gray

FH is my second home
1601840839058.png

When did Allison and Mane go into isolation???

If it was yesterday I don't think they should play the next match either. They will be fucked if they're not available hahahah

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Allison was in a nasty collision in training and has a shoulder injury - out for 4 to 6 weeks is what I saw.

Anyway, I didn't think I'd be using this gif twice today...

six.gif

Edit - ok well now it doesn't apply because it's 7. Fucking mental.

Gray

FH is my second home
As ever an exciting transfer window. Glad for once we have done 90% of the work in the weeks leading up to this (With fantastic results admittedly...)

We look to have been forced to rush in for a keeper though. Ancellotti gave Pickford his faith a week ago but after even more confidence issues it has made him possibly look at other solutions. Romero could be a good punt from United. I don't get United though, they have a really good keeper in Henderson but they keep De Gea, but they won't send Henderson out again on loan after he did really well at Sheffield. Waste of talent.

Shipped out Walcott, even if we're paying half his wages on loan. Moise Kean gone to PSG - Why? Surely he will be another part player but heyho

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's quite funny how the 'big clubs' have spanked hundreds of millions on names but little in the way of quality.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
PPV for certain matches? You can fuck right fucking off you cunts.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have mixed feelings about it, if I supported a premiership side I might pay for the odd game but as a neutral that is way too much. I reckon it will also encourage people into chipping in for a game and therefore mixing socially.

I think half that cost would be the sweet spot and they would probably find they make more overall anyway. 10k people paying £15 vs 100k paying £7.50 (random numbers)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nah they can fuckoff. I pay enough to Sky/BT for the footie. This is just another cash grab whilst people cannot attend in person. You can bet your life that once fans can attend they will still keep PPV.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I can understand why they are doing it and I have no big problem with it, although I've no intention of using it.

Gray

FH is my second home
At the same time it was trending it looked like the next in-line was IPTV.

They may well have just shot themselves in the foot

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If you support a non-top six team PPV instead of a monthly sub might actually make sense under this model. I'm actually not against the idea in principle, but for me its an either/or deal; I can't justify nearly 500 quid a year for Sky Sports; I just don't have the time to get value out of it. But fifteen quid a pop on the odd game would be fine (I'd pay that for two hours in the cinema after all); the problem is at the moment is that the range of games they intend to offer is of little or no interest for me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dunno, Leicester vs Villa might be a cracker.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Pure and utter greed, just shows how much of a business football is.

If they did PPV and sent *all* the money to smaller clubs that are the ones struggling now, then I wouldn't mind, but they're just taking advantage of the situation.

Props to Leicester for being the only PL club to vote against it.

I'll never forget my Grandad who literally just started using a computer in his twilight years started sending me links to Iraqi TV to watch football matches, that shit was hilarious.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. If they PPV'd the lower leagues for a few quid a pop then they'd be supporting a great cultural tradition.

PPV for PL games is just wanking off the already rich.

Here's a thought - why not just cut your major cost bases from £250,000 a week to £125,000 a week.

Revolutionary, I know.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ronaldo has tested positive, that could be the majority of the Wolves squad out for a few weeks.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
oh and why should rich footballer be headline news that he is a bit sick.
Was that about my post? It's hard to tell but anyway... what does him being rich have to do with it? There are loads of Portuguese players in the Premier League (most of them at Wolves) so it's kind of relevant that he's been in close proximity to a lot of them.

He took this the day before he tested positive:

8EzKTJq.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I'm not sure how that works really, if it was anyone else they would have to isolate for 10 days so I would have thought that anyone he came into contact with also has to be tested and isolated.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Was that about my post? It's hard to tell but anyway... what does him being rich have to do with it? There are loads of Portuguese players in the Premier League (most of them at Wolves) so it's kind of relevant that he's been in close proximity to a lot of them.

He took this the day before he tested positive:

8EzKTJq.jpg
More a general question on why it should be on the front page of the bbc and stuff that he has the virus. I mean loads of ppl have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom