Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
About a month late today marks the start of the new footy season with the Charity Shield.

Leeds breaking their transfer record to try and stay up.

and instead of who is going to win the Prem

this year speculate when the season will finish and when crowds will be allowed back into regular league games.

and i hope Arsenal get spanked by Liverpool.

Gray

FH is my second home
Continuing on from last seasons thread.. Looks like it is in the bag! Everton will be signing James Rodriguez and Allan tomorrow. Hopefully we can finally do what we can to get back up the table this season, even if the beginning matches are going to be slightly tricky...

We may be getting Romero from Man Utd, at least he will keep the arse on Pickford if he wants to keep his number one spot. Anyone else we sign will just be a bonus but really happy with Rodriguez especially at around £20m and he has supposedly taken quite a significant wage cut to join back up with Ancelotti.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I want to keep Romero. Guess he wants more first team games

Embattle

FH is my second home
Continuing on from last seasons thread.. Looks like it is in the bag! Everton will be signing James Rodriguez and Allan tomorrow. Hopefully we can finally do what we can to get back up the table this season, even if the beginning matches are going to be slightly tricky...

We may be getting Romero from Man Utd, at least he will keep the arse on Pickford if he wants to keep his number one spot. Anyone else we sign will just be a bonus but really happy with Rodriguez especially at around £20m and he has supposedly taken quite a significant wage cut to join back up with Ancelotti.

So you can have an even more expensive mid table team :p

Gray

FH is my second home
No! We're going to have the Ancelotti effect! This is our year.

Embattle

FH is my second home
No! We're going to have the Ancelotti effect! This is our year.

Wishful thinking isn't a replacement for historical fact :p

It is going to be interesting either way.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I just saw a article about how it's a boyhood dream of every kid on the estate to play for England.

Then I went on his Wikipedia page;

He was privately educated at St Bede's College

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
He's referring to this

Phil Foden was educated at a private school, though his tuition was paid for by the Man City academy, I don't think he did grow up on an estate, but I don't think his parents were wealthy either

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Messi staying at barca shocker. Lol. Well after @Marc and his info

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Really can it be that hard to stay with yr team mates for a couple weeks. Silly over paid kids

"18 year Old thinks with his dick shock, film at 11". If I was 18 and Icelandic birds were inviting themselves back to my hotel room, there would literally be no room left in my brain for rational thought.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sorry but that wouldn't excuse it in normal times let alone covid times as far as I'm concerned.

DaGaffer

Sorry but that wouldn't excuse it in normal times let alone covid times as far as I'm concerned.

I didn' t say it was excusable, just wholly unsurprising and I can totally sympathise because I can remember being a teenager.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I didn' t say it was excusable, just wholly unsurprising and I can totally sympathise because I can remember being a teenager.
Your teenage years must be different to mine. Never had girls doing that to me. Hehe

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
At the best of times that sort of thing while off on international duty would be frowned upon but in the middle of a pandemic when the instructions about staying within a "bubble" were spelled out to them is so irresponsible, and on their senior international debuts no less. Most teams have had players who broke the rules one way or another during the lockdown but these two are (or were) out there representing their country, both right at the start of their senior international careers. All this "what a pair of lads, can't stop scoring" talk is all well and good but the rules are in place for a reason.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I agree with both, its hardly unsurprising, but yeah should be some consequences, they were idiots, deal with issue and move on

Gwadien

The problem is that there isn't really a punishment, making them skip a few games?

Look at Maguire, whilst he was going through court procedures, Southgate said he'll be available after the next couple of games.

What kind of a punishment is that? Kicking them off the team temporarily is such a token gesture.

DaGaffer

The problem is that there isn't really a punishment, making them skip a few games?

Look at Maguire, whilst he was going through court procedures, Southgate said he'll be available after the next couple of games.

What kind of a punishment is that? Kicking them off the team temporarily is such a token gesture.

Playing for England is a chore anyway and no England manager can afford to be picky about talent; Mason Greenwood has a lot of competition for attacking places, (at the moment) but Foden (and Maguire) not so much.

Gwadien

Playing for England is a chore anyway and no England manager can afford to be picky about talent; Mason Greenwood has a lot of competition for attacking places, (at the moment) but Foden (and Maguire) not so much.

Oh and I'm completely aware.

The idea that people want to play for England for the love of the country is absolute horse shit.

I think that explains why we get beaten by teams of semi pros, players are more loyal to the clubs that pay them the big bucks.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That, and Southgate doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Gwadien

That, and Southgate doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

As if it's Southgate that's making the decisions though... I'm sure there's a board of crusty old men doing that for him.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
18, rich with wall to wall fanny. You can't really blame them.

Marc

FH is my second home
Messi staying at barca shocker. Lol. Well after @Marc and his info

He never wanted to “truly” leave. He loves the club and the city. He’s just got a nob head chairman who has pretty much alienated every single person at the club. That’s the reason xavi wouldn’t come back last season. When Laporta wins the election, Koeman will be gone and xavi will be back

DaGaffer

It was never going to be worth paying to watch so I didn't get to see another crap performance by an overrated England team.

Jesus I would never have paid for that shite. It was on terrestrial over here.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The nations cup was partly to replace friendlies but mainly used as another source of revenue, Sky in essence have it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom