Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Vae

Resident Freddy
I wouldn't say that. They've only just started on the upgrades. It's well regarded as being a deprived ignored area that desperately needs regeneration. Yes it has a few nice new builds but the structure of the place is pretty poor. Transport links are not good - only buses serve the area. There's 1 decaying train station with very few trains running to it, which is significant as it lies between clapham junction and waterloo - hundreds of trains pass through it every day without stopping. There's no underground close by.

Yes, it's not Hull or Stoke but for South London it's significantly behind it's neighbouring towns. It's on the up but it's still far from what it should be.

I work near Queenstown Road in Battersea in a nice new development/redevelopment of a old Saudia Arabian TV station. There's Battersea Park (Between Victoria and Clapham Junction) and Queenstown Road (between Waterloo and Clapham Junction) station in the area. Closest tube is probably Vauxhall which is 1 train stop or a short bus ride away. The battersea power station site is ripe for development and they're also in the process of planning the enormous redevelopment of the nine elms area including adding a new tube station to wandsworth road and it seems a 2nd to Battersea.
http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/Environment/Regeneration/NineElmsOnTheSouthBank.htm

I presume this is one reason why Chelsea are looking to move to this area.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I work near Queenstown Road in Battersea in a nice new development/redevelopment of a old Saudia Arabian TV station.

Yes, I said there were some nice new builds there. It's not all like that though.

There's Battersea Park (Between Victoria and Clapham Junction) and Queenstown Road (between Waterloo and Clapham Junction) station in the area.

Queenstown Road is what I was talking about. It's there, but most trains pass through it.

Closest tube is probably Vauxhall which is 1 train stop or a short bus ride away.

Which is really poor by London standards. That's not a good distance, hence it's a poor transport link currently.

The battersea power station site is ripe for development and they're also in the process of planning the enormous redevelopment of the nine elms area including adding a new tube station to wandsworth road and it seems a 2nd to Battersea.
http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/Environment/Regeneration/NineElmsOnTheSouthBank.htm

I presume this is one reason why Chelsea are looking to move to this area.

Yep, I said development was underway and stands to a good improvement. I've not denied it'll be nice when it's all done, but currently it's a long way off. Not sure how any of what I've said is "bollocks" because it isn't. I've been fair in my assessments, not totally negative and I've acknowledged the good points. So take your salty vinegary bollocks Ch3t and rub them up against someone who is actually wrong :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Torres to score first and Chelsea to win 2.0 45/1 odds on sky bet. Stuck £1 on!
Newcastle to beat shitty 2.0 25/1 £1 bet
unlikely but funny, Arsenal 3 Norwich 3 250/1 £1 bet

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
just seen papa cisse's goal on football focus again, I love the look between pardew and drogba when it goes in, they both look at each other near the sideline and just shake their heads lol

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
can only see it going one way now arsenal are ahead. Theyll murder norwich on the counter.

this'll end 4/5-0

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Game on! Go Norwich, btw great hd quality stream the first sop cast link on wiziwig.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arse super keeper dropped a clanger :( Come Arsenal you need to start dominating this, we need 3 points.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, this could go terrible for Arsenal real fast... makes their last game of the season a must win game if they want to finish 4th.....

soze

I am a FH squatter
6-1 2-0 3-0 is the last 3 results, this really is not good enough :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ooooo! Just out a quid on arse to be up again by half time. And got a great odds on full time 5-3 arse

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Got to the pub just before the first naarch goal and though arsene mustve dropped the lanky pole for the short one! On the ball city!!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Vermaelen left on his arse by simeon fucking jackson hahaha. The finish shows how good he is.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This pub in the middle of cph is filling up with danes in liverpool shirts already. Makes me sick.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The amount of times Song plays that exact pass for RvP to score from is ridiculous.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yep. Really hope Norwich get something from it, they've been at least as good as Arsenal. Good at the back and always looking dangerous on the counter. Paul Lambert really seems to know what he's doing, next Everton manager after Moyes replaces SAF i reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom