Sport The 2009 Formula one weekly thread

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Well, interesting changes this year. Season about to start. Some disagreement about the way the title is going to be won this year due to Bernie Ecclestone's changes to the point system.

Seems fairer to me as this year you will see who really does have the balls to win a race and a title and not play crap tactics which really doesn't make good viewing.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Well, interesting changes this year. Season about to start. Some disagreement about the way the title is going to be won this year due to Bernie Ecclestone's changes to the point system.

Seems fairer to me as this year you will see who really does have the balls to win a race and a title and not play crap tactics which really doesn't make good viewing.

The rule changes have been put back a year (at least)

I'm not sure who I think will win it this year, but hopefully the new aero packages will at least lead to more overtaking!

Corran

Part of the furniture
aye rule changes got over-ruled by the teams because they all had to agree to it due to them not being the legislation that they signed up too.. unfortunatly next year FIA can do what they want. Unfortunately they said that they can bring them in next year and it up to the teams if they want to register for the F1 season or not.

FIA are distroying the sport currently with all the changes, the teams were doing well with the cost cutting agreements being made through FOTA and then the FIA come in and totally mess up what they are doing.

I really wouldnt be surprised if within a few years teams stop competing or break away and form their own competition which they can properly manage to control without some "bondage loving Nazi" (hey who cares about his denials) messing everything up.

I used to really look forward to the F1 season but this year im not... Hamilton going to be lucky to come in the top 10 with his current car and with the testing restrictions things are going to not get much better.

The only good thing is that there are a few teams that looks like they be able to challenge, would love if the old Honda team came out winners :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
now will this be an actual weekly thread, redone every week.. or just a mass of crap like the premier league one? lock it after a week and make new one...

as for my thoughts on the rules changes... what a load of crap. lets take last season.. some cars better suited to races in the wet... so drivers in them woulda won.. the others lucky to stay on the track...

all the other races tho, reward consistant driving and ability.. and thats what we want.. the best driver overall.

now.. say a team like toro rosso.. set up car to be uber in the rain.. but red bull went for the all round option. who's gonna finish higher? toro rosso on wins perhaps.. might even get 3-4 if they set up for nothing but wet...

dont like the new system they proposing at all.. consistant drivers like robert kubica gonna get sod all from it.

i know they trying to promote the.. go for the win thing but...it will make no difference... a williams driver aint gonna take on a mclaren for first place... has to get near him first..

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Am really looking forward to it this year but perhaps not next if the medal system comes in... which personally I don't think it will.

Completely different cars, slick tyres, kers on few cars and the biggest change I think is the larger difference between tyre types as each race this year. Last year there was quite a lot of variation due to no traction control even with super soft/soft or an equivalent. This year, the difference will be 2 steps instead of 1...i.e. hard/soft, with slick tyres, unpredictable cars and no traction control. It'll be a larger balance of strategy, when to go for the slower choice and hopefully that'll mean changing of positions more often.

And BBC, the list goes on. If it's anything like last year it should be great :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
About as interesting as watching coloured beads, thread on a piece of string, wiz from one end to the other. Just put two red ones at the front to keep the ruling body happy. Oh and someone shoot that cnut Bernie! Second biggest crook in Sport, beaten only just by Seb Blatter.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
About as interesting as watching coloured beads, thread on a piece of string, wiz from one end to the other. Just put two red ones at the front to keep the ruling body happy. Oh and someone shoot that cnut Bernie! Second biggest crook in Sport, beaten only just by Seb Blatter.

Like football is just putting a ball into a net? Every sport can be trivialised (sp?), and yes, Bernie is a complete imbecile... what on earth he's thinking about this medal system I don't know. He likens formula one with the olympics as his reasoning... how absurd.

6 days to go :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Got up early this morning to watch the race, and must say it was worth while.

Good drive from Button, Trulli (shame he breached safety car rules lol), and hamilton.

Barichello was fortunate to get his 2nd place back after the poor start, but i was in histerics at the accident however cant believe they penilised vettal for the next race with 10 grid place drop. Think it was a 50/50, he should have backed out however Kubica should have left more room as he would have known vettal be on the apex.

Both ferrari's failed to finish with Rik still looking a shadow of his previous self.

Could be interesting season, even with all the screwing around going on.

Congratulations to a McLaren Mercedes 1st, 2nd and 3rd (their engine is in the Brawn cars). More importantly though, a British 1st and 3rd \o/

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Break down of a F1 Race...

watch the first 5 mins, Go take a nap, do some laundry, get a hiar cut, take in a movie then return for the last 5 minutes!

total time spendt 10 mins, and you'll have as much knowlage of the race as someone you sat there through out the thing.

same goes for bicycle races :p

ps:
track-racing-grannies.jpg

Corran

Part of the furniture
the same can be said for any sport... so i guess you watch nothing in full

Olgaline

FH is my second home
the same can be said for any sport

no it cant.
that analogy would actually fail for most sports!

having watched my share of F1, due to living with F1 fanatics I've learned this much, who ever is a head after roughly 5 mins will also win the race. Or at least one of the Front 5, sure you have your exeptions but it's true 9 out of 10. "monaco being the fun exeption"

now do you really care to state that who evers ahead after 5 mins wins the game is true of football as well ? if so, your on your own.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Olga, the first race was quite competitive, I am not a huge f1 fan, I prefer the highlights. However I watched today's race in full and enjoyed it, a lot of overtaking and a lot of actual racing.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
shh..ch3tan ;)

wait!
no i mean..
Car does all the work, drivers are just midget sized glory hogs!

Everz

FH is my second home
Olga, the first race was quite competitive, I am not a huge f1 fan, I prefer the highlights. However I watched today's race in full and enjoyed it, a lot of overtaking and a lot of actual racing.

What this man said, was a very good race to watch imo, entertaining from the off.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
then you'll get 3 races in a row where the cars don't change from their grid positions apart from Sutil who will inevitabley drop out.

Corran

Part of the furniture
first said
watch the first 5 mins, Go take a nap, do some laundry, get a hiar cut, take in a movie then return for the last 5 minutes!

total time spendt 10 mins, and you'll have as much knowlage of the race as someone you sat there through out the thing.

Then said
that analogy would actually fail for most sports!

having watched my share of F1, due to living with F1 fanatics I've learned this much, who ever is a head after roughly 5 mins will also win the race. Or at least one of the Front 5, sure you have your exeptions but it's true 9 out of 10. "monaco being the fun exeption"

now do you really care to state that who evers ahead after 5 mins wins the game is true of football as well ? if so, your on your own.

This is totally different things.

Your first comment... i can easily put this into a game of football...

Watch first 5 minutes. Look at the score. Take a nap.
Watch last 5 minutes. Look at the score. See the winning team and know that they scored more goals then the opposition and won.

That is the football representation of what you first said. Dont need to know anything inbetween about when goals scored and who played well/had luck because by your first comment this isnt important because you wouldnt know who raced well with good overtaking, strategy, wouldnt know reasons behind crashes, wouldnt know about safety cars and the time/effect of them etc etc.

And this year there will be alot of surprises on the card, could you predict that Hamilton from 18th would finish with a result of 3rd place? That Trulli would start in the pits (ie last) get up to 3rd place but blow it by spinning whilst safety car out and overtaking when not allowed and get penalised?

Now what you said second time round is completely different. But often in a football match you can predict how it will go before there even kickoff (ie a team will just sit back and defend unless they conceed). Yes one the top 5 after 5minutes will win the race. But that no different in football to saying one the top 5 teams are going to win the title this season etc. It isnt the result that people watch, it the stuff between that matters to me.

Personal opinions though.. simply put you dont like motor racing and so not bothered about watching it all, your only interested in the result of competition. Whereas I like to watch the motor racing for the entertainment (and the entertainment doesnt necessarily mean who wins it.. today it was the action of a couple drivers cutting through the pack etc that was entertaining)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
sheez mate, relax
dont take life so seriously, and definatly not FH life
I'm just having abit of fun on your account.

I have no issues with motor sports

Corran

Part of the furniture
sheez mate, relax
dont take life so seriously, and definatly not FH life
I'm just having abit of fun on your account.

I have no issues with motor sports

you aint having anything on my account as im unaffected.. just wish people had the ability to actually say what they mean. But guess that to much :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
right....
sure thing champ, unaffected...yup...cough*

aye unaffected.. you know people are able to have a point of view and explain things without actually having emotion attached to it... i guess you just more emotionally attached to forums then me...

only affect this has had is make me laugh at your inability to get a point of view across which doesnt shock me, but still made me laugh at how what you posted and what you meant were completely different .

But if it makes you feel better I lie for you:

Yes, im deeply upset about what you posted. So much so I had to phone the local suicide line and get them to talk me out of shooting myself in the head at the top of a cliff and plummeting 100ft onto solid rock (just to make sure i died)... luckily they just, and i mean just, managed to talk me out of it
:twak:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
aye it's clear you have no emotions attached...yes sir!

*nod*

Face it,
you failed to spot a joke now your knee deep, let it go kiddo, your only digging your self deeper,

Corran

Part of the furniture
aye it's clear you have no emotions attached...yes sir!

*nod*

Face it,
you failed to spot a joke now your knee deep, let it go kiddo, your only digging your self deeper,

awww, im sorry my sarcasm is upsetting you. have a hug instead :wub:

(p.s. Only sport i get emotional about is football.)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just watched the highlights, was a lazy bastid and slept all day :p Looked like a good race from what I saw ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom