thats it my warrior will never come out again.

O

old.MikhailGudlik

Warriors are gimps its a fact but maybe in 1.53 we will be able to at least block sometimes if it doesnt improve well krusha ill be parked right next to u.
I got mastery of blockign II atm i dont block anything at all ...
so i always switch to 2h in battles and hope noone hits me while im at it.

F

Flimgoblin

Warriors ain't half bad... they're just dull :)

Can someone get some logs about this damage difference?

infact we don't even need logs - can a level 50 warrior post their weaponskill when wielding a two handed axe (and when wielding a one handed axe)

and level 50 armsmen/heros do the same, with their advanced weapon and with their normal weapon for armsmen (pref. if yer 50 slash 50 pole, but if we have a s/s armsman with 50 slash that'd be grand)

Since WeaponSkill=damage (it's been proven a few times on the VN fighters boards - which are a bit less spam-whine-filled than the average VN board... got a fair load of it ;) but it's there...)

I'm curious :)

A

alarik

with gerula i got 45 shield (without items) and mastery of blocking 1 and i think i block a fair lot

A

alarik

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Warriors ain't half bad... they're just dull :)

infact we don't even need logs - can a level 50 warrior post their weaponskill when wielding a two handed axe (and when wielding a one handed axe)

Warriors just train axe, and they can use a 2h and a 1h they have no seperate spec.. so i cant see how this can help considering most warriors have 50 axe/sword/hammer

B

belth

Please list them Weapskills, alongside with your Str and Dex (since they affect it, depending on weapon-type). I'm curious to see what affects and how much.

S

Slipurson

Well when reading the 1.53 patch info u see urself that mythic dont even consider warriors as tanks.... like "the champion merc and zerk "as main tanks" get charge as RA"... or something like it

Another fun thing about warriors .. not sure about other classes .... the str/con/dex... in the end @50 they are almost the same for norse, troll and dwarf... not sure about kobbie but i guess they have about the same in the end also... i mean there must be some advantage to be small dwarf or kobbie other then that trolls are the most easy race to target :)

maybe u see now landshark (the one that flamed me for posting this earlier) that warriors are not that uber...

O

old.Krusha

well they will fix block/parry in 1,53 (or so they say :() but the warrior as a class is fixed apparently (no stuff for warriors in this patch Sanya says). So i guess our class defininf ability will be ... were defensive? but does that "save" me from nukes?

So now we got less dmg output, still0% thrust on epic, no classdefining feature (speccable throwing noodles?).

Think im gonna stay on prydwen for awhile, since you need RA's to fix the class that mythic cant fix, theres just something wrong... and i cant be arsed to ride hugin--svasud 10 times a day :p

C

cjkace

Originally posted by Slipurson
Well when reading the 1.53 patch info u see urself that mythic dont even consider warriors as tanks.... like "the champion merc and zerk "as main tanks" get charge as RA"... or something like it

Erm, actually nothing like that whatsoever.

Champs get zero/zilch/nada in patch 1.53

Blademaster's, Mercenaries, Berzerkers as 'light tanks' get charge at lvl40 which is a 10second end free sprint.

All tanks whether heavy or light get cheaper RAs.

IP costs 8 points
Purge costs 4 points
Determination costs 1/2/3 etc so for 6 points you can almost halve all CC spells.

I understand you pain tho, after all I am a Blademaster. 1v1 against orange con mobs I kick ass. Have a 50/50 chance against a lot of red cons. Yet I get killed in RvR way too often, to such an extent that I very seldom RvR anymore.

T

Tigerius

Warriors like other maintanks got cheaper RAs whereas Champions got zilch indeed. Wonder if Champs are mez proof unlike other tanks? :/

Block rate vs unstyled melee is presently quite scary, after patching I don't think it will be possible to score hits on defensive tanks with unstyled melee. I don't think Warriors should count themselves out yet. 1.53 will also allow for easy attuning of resists, couple that with say Avoidance of Magic II, IP, Determination III, Purge (31p, R4L1) and you will be quite well off vs casters.

S

Slipurson

oups my bad .. did not read the 1.53 in a while :) remembered wrong :) ment blademasters...

and krusha zerks will get throwing also so it is not warrior only anymore :eek:

M

Miffo

Mythic indeed need to improve Warriors

And yes Mythic play Hibernia if u look at the back of the box
the screenys are all taken from hibernia

Hibs get all the loving ie why they have best tank in game and best caster in game

But Mythic made the realm of hibernia kind of....
because the realms of mid and alb have storys behind them so its easy to make it but hib they gotta make it from scratch

ie. Albion has the famous storys of king arthur etc...
Midgard have the norse gods
Hibernia doesnt have any gods(i think)

so mythic proberly play hibernia because they felt they made it more than the other realms :D

C

cjkaceBM

Originally posted by Dendan
Mythic indeed need to improve Warriors

And yes Mythic play Hibernia if u look at the back of the box
the screenys are all taken from hibernia

Hibs get all the loving ie why they have best tank in game and best caster in game

But Mythic made the realm of hibernia kind of....
because the realms of mid and alb have storys behind them so its easy to make it but hib they gotta make it from scratch

ie. Albion has the famous storys of king arthur etc...
Midgard have the norse gods
Hibernia doesnt have any gods(i think)

so mythic proberly play hibernia because they felt they made it more than the other realms :D

Erm?

How about Nuada of the Silver Hand?
How about Faeries?
How about Leprechauns?

The above are just 3 examples of popular Celtic myth which is represented in Hibernia, and there are countless others.

I would suggest you explore a realm before you talk out of your anus :D

O

old.Vandgard

Warriors like other maintanks got cheaper RAs whereas Champions got zilch indeed. Wonder if Champs are mez proof unlike other tanks? :/

Champs are hybrids, and should be compared to Thanes and Paladins if your gonna do something of the sort, all of which have recieved something in the last few patches...

S

Subbiz

imo they should work a bit on the engage ability.. make it so that u can use it at all times vs all targets and lower end cost a bit (as far as I remember it drains end rather fast) and make it so u can use it to gain 50% block of the 95% (or how much it is, dont remember) of whom ever u got guard on.. thats something im missing, the ability to make it easier to defend the weaker classes. This would make warriors highly usefull if they play their role right.

O

old.Krusha

Yeah but they wont be as über as ours mate. We can SPECC in Throwinf Sponges :).

Zerks (and some other classes.. cant remember) gets 360 degrees evade, with the improved block/parry id like to see 360 degr. Block for warriors :) that would be nice :).

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by old.Krusha

Yeah but they wont be as über as ours mate. We can SPECC in Throwinf Sponges :).

Nooo. Nerf the uber throwing sponge!

T

Tigerius

I know Champs are considered Hybrid tanks like Paladins and Thanes, and since they are the best of the 3 they have nothing to complain about really. But I don't think it makes sense to remove the tank RA's/RA costs from them (especially Pala/Thane) just because they have limited spellcasting. They already pay for their spellcasting through Hybrid HP and through having Acuity stat as Secondary instead of a melee one.

R

rynnor

Tis odd the classes that get attention and those that dont.

Take the realm of midgard - warriors are patently missing a class defining feature (plate armor maybe?) yet they never seem to get anything to rebalance them v the other main tank classes.

My SM on the other hand is getting PBAOE and Res? Mainly because the other realms had PBAOE and we didnt and the res because the other realms had 3 ressers and we again did'nt.

I think it was the incredibly low numbers that caused us (SM's) to get some attention - guess it wont be till hordes of warriors give up and delete that youll get some loving from mythic.

Sad but true :(

B

belth

Originally posted by rynnor
Tis odd the classes that get attention and those that dont.

Take the realm of midgard - warriors are patently missing a class defining feature (plate armor maybe?) yet they never seem to get anything to rebalance them v the other main tank classes.

Sorry but giving Midgard or Hibernia Plate would remove quite a lot of abilites that both of their tanks have, but Albions don't. What you'd end up with is Warrior=Hero=Armsman - only differences would be realms name, classes name, races, starting stats and minor differences in spec-lines.

Making all the realms be the same is BAD. In caps.

H

hotrat

Nooo. Nerf the uber throwing sponge!

A warrior threw one of them at me in odins the other day, boy am I glad it missed :)

SM gets pbaoe and rez, cabalist gets ... still waiting :)

nah caba rox really, you wouldn't think they do but what situation is ae DoT (and to some extent nearsight) good in?
milegates? yep
keeps? yep

What situation are u in 90% of the time in rvr? either at milegate or a keep :)

They just gotta fix our pets. Mostly the movement needs fixing (no more warping around pulling extra mobs plz) but also the last pet SUX, it has a self dmg shield of about 0.5 dps.
Sapphire sim great for exping cus of lifedrain.
Amber sim got stun proc, could be handy vs assasins//snipers in rvr, same wither emerald sim (poison DoT proc).
Ruby Sim not many hp, and it NEVER procs :(
Jade sim is the last pet.

Also change the Juggernaught RA so it lasts until it dies, PLEASE :) Maybe it would be a bit uber in pvm (perhaps up the xp it leeches) but in rvr a uber melee pet that can only come out once every 30 min until it dies isn't that overpowered.

F

Flimgoblin

oups my bad .. did not read the 1.53 in a while :) remembered wrong :) ment blademasters...

they can't spec it so they do pap damage like my shortbow :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Subbiz
imo they should work a bit on the engage ability.. make it so that u can use it at all times vs all targets and lower end cost a bit (as far as I remember it drains end rather fast) and make it so u can use it to gain 50% block of the 95% (or how much it is, dont remember) of whom ever u got guard on.. thats something im missing, the ability to make it easier to defend the weaker classes. This would make warriors highly usefull if they play their role right.

I've heard reports that engage works with guard.....

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Vandgard

Champs are hybrids, and should be compared to Thanes and Paladins if your gonna do something of the sort, all of which have recieved something in the last few patches...

thanes paladins skalds friars bards wardens minstrels

did I miss any more?

definition of a hybrid is: spell line + weapon line

usually accompanied by 1.5 or 2.0 spec points.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by alarik

Warriors just train axe, and they can use a 2h and a 1h they have no seperate spec.. so i cant see how this can help considering most warriors have 50 axe/sword/hammer

weaponskill = damage

does the weaponskill change when you wield a 2h weapon over a 1h?

if not then the bonus damage is hidden...
get your damage caps on some grey monsters, post them and your weapon speeds for both 1h and 2h

that way we get the bonus %age from using 2h over 1h.

note that it's WeapSkill from your character sheet - near your strength/dex/hp/etc.

and not your spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom