That most British of obsessions

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What would you rather have, the storms we're suffering now, or the snow and ice of a few years previous? For me it's the former, the latter makes cycling on the roads a ludicrously dangerous affair. Although I must admit that around here the impact of the storms has been a bit underwhelming.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Living where I do and being untouched by the flooding I want the Storms every year. I fucking hate snow and ice with a passion.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I much prefer freezing weather to this miserable shit.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Well, considering London shuts down when both happen.. I'd rather have it rain. At least then I can go to the shop without breaking something / freezing to death.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Snow, can power slide those fucking cyclists off the road much easier.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Snow, can power slide those fucking cyclists off the road much easier.

Love riding in the snow. Sticky as fuck. Pretty too.

Ice, on the other hand. oooooooh.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I love snow. This has been a very disappointing winter so far. The rest of you need to man up.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Snow. My train station has been shut for 2 weeks and won't be open until March because of flooding. Nearly a 2 hour commute to work now, it's only 10 miles! Can't cycle (won't fancy it anyway really in the weather) because of road closures as well.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
That's the one good thing about living up North, we can watch the Southerners drown.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
After two winters in the North East of America I can tell you that real snow gets to be a pain in the arse after a while.

I'd probably still take it over rain though.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It was 18 degrees here today with clear blue skies, I don't know what all the fuss is about. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Snow ain't all it's cracked up to be. Yeah sure, cool for a few days, then reality sets in.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Er, no not really. 6 foot of water and we struggle but carry on.

It actually brings out the best in us, people coming together and housing people who they have never met to help out.

soze

I am a FH squatter
You people that want snow I can only assume you like the country grinding to a halt? From my perspective all this rain has meant I have had to ease off the accelerator and do 50 rather than 60 and avoid the odd giant puddle. With snow I would do 5 till I got to a hill where I would need to abandon my car because some idiot stopped midway up and blocked it. Snow = trains and maybe working from home and cancelling plans. Rain = 5 minute longer journey, it is not even close.

Obviously people who are flooded might not agree but the amount of rain we have had as snow would still have fucked everyone right?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This weather. Snow is fine until you get the grey sludge...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Snow. My train station has been shut for 2 weeks and won't be open until March because of flooding. Nearly a 2 hour commute to work now, it's only 10 miles! Can't cycle (won't fancy it anyway really in the weather) because of road closures as well.

You know that bicycles don't have to go on roads, right?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh, snow means I add 5 minutes to my journey to work, making it 15 minutes. Or walk making it 1 hour.

It also means I can make the worlds smallest snow man on my Step dad's car

288.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You people that want snow I can only assume you like the country grinding to a halt?

Man, you're such a whiny driver soze. :)

I love driving in the snow. Find it easy and its nice and different. The country only "grinds to a halt" on the news - pretty much everyone else gets on with it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Actually show would be better, the south coast and south west are fucked. Snow wouldn't ruin people's homes and business as much as flood waters. Don't look at it only from how it affects your journey.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'll take the snow. It never lasts more than a week. In London we never get more than 3 inches of snow. It's a pain but its something you can work around. Flooding is a nightmare. I feel very sorry for the people who have been effected. Some won't be able to ever sell their property.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Man, you're such a whiny driver soze. :)

I love driving in the snow. Find it easy and its nice and different. The country only "grinds to a halt" on the news - pretty much everyone else gets on with it.
I am I hate driving. That would depend where you live mate. Last time there was snow I sat for 3 hours in traffic because a woman put her brakes one mid way up a icy hill and ended up blocking the road. The single lane road is my only way to work. And I don't mind driving on snow either but after 10 people have driven on snow it is then slush which is utter shit!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Actually show would be better, the south coast and south west are fucked. Snow wouldn't ruin people's homes and business as much as flood waters. Don't look at it only from how it affects your journey.
If it was cold enough for snow this year with this much rain then there would be that much snow which would then need to melt and cause the exact same problem?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'd prefer snow, as someone who has to work outside I'd rather be cold than soaking wet. I can put more clothes on and besides once you start running up and down ladders and carrying stuff about you soon warm up.

The only problem with snow can be getting to the jobs, but 90% of the time its fine

We are about 3 weeks behind this year due to the rain

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
my dad's old house flooded 6 times in the 40 years he owned it, and as we had fence panels come down on weds night, snow every time :p

/edit
plus having a small-ish child, snow is appreciated somewhat more

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
plus having a small-ish child, snow is appreciated somewhat more

This. My three year old is obsessed with Frozen, but she was only a few months old the last time it snowed properly here, so she's desperate to see snow. And frankly I'm fucking sick to death of rain. I know Ireland is a wet country but this is now beyond a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom