Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I kinda like that name, suits the daoc theme

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That's what I mean, it's abotu real people dying so having a DAoC motif seems a bit tacky and tasteless.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A thread for DaoC deaths in General? Why?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What a peculiar idea. I'm surprised Deebs went for this; a forum you'd rather not see used...

Tilda

nath said:
That's what I mean, it's abotu real people dying so having a DAoC motif seems a bit tacky and tasteless.

I'm not sure its a daoc motif, I dont see daoc mentioned anywhere in the name? Freddys is a general forum theme.

Tom, whoever said it was for daocers only?
It just happens that the daoc forums has a higher population and thus sadly a higher chance of someone passing away.

Theres times for usvthem rivalry, such as in the CS matches, and theres times when people should accept that a Freddys Fallen board isn't just for us, or just for them, its a damn forum, it dosnt matter which "group" uses it most...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Tilda said:
I'm not sure its a daoc motif, I dont see daoc mentioned anywhere in the name? Freddys is a general forum theme.

Tom, whoever said it was for daocers only?
It just happens that the daoc forums has a higher population and thus sadly a higher chance of someone passing away.

Theres times for usvthem rivalry, such as in the CS matches, and theres times when people should accept that a Freddys Fallen board isn't just for us, or just for them, its a damn forum, it dosnt matter which "group" uses it most...

Totally Agree.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
It's not purely a daoc thing. I believe that Deebs and Jup agree that it's a nice touch for everyone. If you don't agree, well, nobody says you have to read it.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'd read it if it were about Freddies though...

Chilly

Balls of steel
was the name changed or something? reads "freddys fallen" now

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can we please move this out of general and make it a main category or something, it's highly morbid tbh and I for one would rather not have to see it every day.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I find it rather weird how:
1) Most deaths are DAoCers
2) Most deaths appear to be from cancer

Tilda

Chilly said:
was the name changed or something? reads "freddys fallen" now

No, its always been that.

I had suggested that it was turned into a button at the top, perhaps replacing the disabled "members list" and then hiding the forum away somewhere else.
I'm not sure what happened to that plan though.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I will leave it to the mods to discuss in their forum where the best place to put it. Over to you guys.....

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
OK so I'll be controversial, it's shit. First thing you see when you go to General. Please get rid of it or move it thanks. Open a thread if someone dies, eventually the thread will die with them. RIP and all that.

DaGaffer

~Yuckfou~ said:
OK so I'll be controversial, it's shit. First thing you see when you go to General. Please get rid of it or move it thanks. Open a thread if someone dies, eventually the thread will die with them. RIP and all that.

What he said. Its creeping me out.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's not 'shit', it simply isn't something a few people want to see as a sub-forum under general, and that has been duly noted and will be discussed.... it's not something that'll change in the next 20 seconds, so please be patient.

Calaen

OMG I can see a forum with the word fallen in it quick close the website. I think we should have a forum for people with weird disorders like not being able to ignore a thread they dont want to see.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
... and no shit stirring from the supporters of the idea either, thank you.

Calaen

Jupitus said:
... and no shit stirring from the supporters of the idea either, thank you.

I dont actually agree with the forum. But I am fine with the minority having somewhere to say goodbye, the lesson is dont click where you dont want to go. But people on this forum seems to have a compelling addiction to read something they know they are going to dislike then complain about it.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Calaen said:
I dont actually agree with the forum. But I am fine with the minority having somewhere to say goodbye, the lesson is dont click where you dont want to go. But people on this forum seems to have a compelling addiction to read something they know they are going to dislike then complain about it.
It's there at the top of the forum, with no way of switching it off you cock.

DaGaffer

Calaen said:

Its not whether the forum exists or not that bothers me; each to their own, its just having it there as the top sub-forum every time you log on is a bit...ghoulish. Its like having your grandma's ashes on the mantlepiece, I'm sure lots of people wouldn't have a problem with it, but that's a private thing, this is kind of in your face even if you don't click on it.

Calaen

~Yuckfou~ said:
It's there at the top of the forum, with no way of switching it off you cock.

Why thank you for adding to this discussion without resorting to childish name calling. You still dont have to click on it, you are just over reacting.

Dagaffer I agree with you, but if they are going to have one it has got to be somewhere where it can be seen, there will always be someone who feels creeped out by it no matter where it is.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Why is it creepy? People die. Its as natural as breathing.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
True enough Trem, but maybe not everyone wants to look at a graveyard every day, in real life or online?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Calaen you either can't read, or english is your second language.

<<<<<---- My point
You --->>>>>

Cock.

Calaen

~Yuckfou~ said:
Calaen you either can't read, or english is your second language.

<<<<<---- My point
You --->>>>>

Cock.

No I am not you can see a Freddies Fallen link at the top of your screen, it makes you cry IRL and you feel less manly because of this? So you come on here and call me a cock, again I thank you my day has been made brighter knowing there is someone as dumb as you out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread