Thanks! =)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Hi guys!

I´m very new to the game, and also to this board (found it a few days ago). Been playing for a little longer than a month and I love the game. Just wanted to thank you all for making the game a real experience!

Since one week or so I´ve been doing bg1 and I am loving it - died thousands of times, but everytime an enemy bows to my wretched corpse it is all worth it. =)

Once again, THANKS! =)

//Wholdar Thorkjempe, lvl 24 Thane.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hi Wholdar. Saw you in Thid the other night when I was on as my little runie, Oborik.

A belated "Welcome to Pryd" :D

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Yep..see my sig for Thid chars..saw you in our chat group and welcome /curtsey

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
Hi Wholdar. Saw you in Thid the other night when I was on as my little runie, Oborik.

A belated "Welcome to Pryd" :D

/notes down the name of Roo's runie and logs in his ranger to stalk Roo

Oh and welcome to the game mate :)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Flesh said:
Don't play a Thane!
Never play a Thane!:(

I LOVE being a Thane. =)
I know they´re not the OPTIMAL thing, but they are very fun to play.

Mmm.. mjolnir. =)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Wholdar said:
I LOVE being a Thane. =)

Mmm.. mjolnir. =)
We need more people like you, playing for fun :)

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Wholdar said:
I LOVE being a Thane. =)

Mmm.. mjolnir. =)

Drugs are bad, mkay?

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Nice to see a Thane and even nicer to see someone playing one and enjoying despite how much stick Thanes take :)

You stick with it makes a welcome change from all the Savages :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
you might think 'oh i play it for the fun' atm, at L24, but at L50 you will be yet another self-pitying thane, who wishes he would have rolled something else :p

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
We need more people like you, playing for fun :)

Aye! Because the rest of us are playing for money! :D

Welcome to mid/pryd, thanes really is a fun class to play, i know :)

Renever

Fledgling Freddie
OMG all that stuff about thanes all the time.......

For new players or players who wanna have some fun its soo hard to choose an character you just wanna play for any reason.......

When i make an cave shammy everybody tells me not to make cave because no grp wants you so your almost forced to make an shammy the relam wants you too make......(NERF THE BB'S !!!)

When i make an Healer and wanna go mending everybody whines that they dont get pox from me (till i use my insta heals)......

etc etc...... just let people play the class they want, dont go people tell what class they must play to do good in rvr.

I myself mostly enjoy keep takes and pve fights so whats wrong with having a thane then ?

just my opinion let everyone decide for themself plz :) when i started playing DAOC i think 2,5 years ago? my guildie had an nice thane (Dimes) or an alt from him ;) we were both new to the game and lvld all the way up to 40 with him and i must say it rocked.

When i think back about it it was my best DAOC time from all of it, enjoyed everydrop i got and all friends i lvld with in those days are now great players in daoc :)

Just my thoughts, no offence to anyone personal........

Greetz..Renever..

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
fl3a said:
you might think 'oh i play it for the fun' atm, at L24, but at L50 you will be yet another self-pitying thane, who wishes he would have rolled something else :p

Or maybe I wont.. =)
Hopefully I will get to spend that much time with the game!

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to a fun game experience. In a way I envy you. The travel up to 50 with you first character was great fun, both to reach a new level with new toys and to explore new parts of the land.

So stick to your choice. The "maximise the advantage" game is something you can play when you get warm in your clothes, ie spent a year or so in mid :)

Thanes are really fun to play and there are some that succeeds in rvr too if I am not mistaken. Even make it up to realm rank 10... Try and harrass a few of them with pms and ask them for advice when you feel this class is your thing. :)

However, it is true that certain kinds of players only build groups around a few mid classes as the rest is considered "gimped" and useless. And if your goal is to be a killing machine in rvr there are more kill message efficient classes to play.

Cami, it looks like there are players that play to get on top of the high score list rather than gold. Whether that is associated with fun game play I cannot tell. However, seeing posts on forums where different parties accuse each other of leeching rps looks like sign that the fun portion is starting to leave the gameplay.

Krill

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome, thanes are fun! If you ever want to talk about thane options feel free to get in touch, I'm still active as a thane since the beginning.

Thanes do get a bit less good as you close on 50, especiallly as some of the skills of other classes (like warriors) seem to be weaker early on and then get better and better. And realmwar can be tough as a thane. But get yourself a nice guild that isn't focused on totally optimum classes and groups and you'll have lots of fun.

And I admit, I sometimes wish I was a warrior or savage and sometimes I wish I had the patience (and time in Midgard) to create a second level 50. Overall there's no getting away from the fact thanes are one of the weaker classes in end-game rvr, which just means you need to learn every trick you can and that doesn't mean you won't enjoy thanedom.

Venom

Fledgling Freddie
I can only echo what Krill said, play for the fun and enjoyment factor and you won't be disappointed, play for the "I am Uber" factor and I'm afraid you will be.

Just don't be a troll, troll Thanes suck, mind you so do Norse Thanes who put their starting points in the wrong place :)

J/K

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
:)

nice to see its still possible to enjoy the simple things in the game, guess we could all learn a bit from this :)

- anyways welcome to mid!

Xen.

Astraad

Fledgling Freddie
Troll Thanes do not suck! Astraad (My 50 troll thane) was the first char i made on this server and levelling him up to 50 was the most fun PvE i've had. Granted they could really use some love in the RvR department but a thane played well is an asset to ANY group.... (ease off on mjollnir if theres a pac healer in the grp though :p they tend to get testy :))

Krill

Fledgling Freddie
Astraad said:
Troll Thanes do not suck!

I'd bet Sarevok was poking me Astraad. Either that or he wants a good demoting in our guild.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
hrodelbert said:
we need more people like me , i play for c6 from Nee

oo hrod..Nee said I was the only one for him :eek: we have issues

Silverwolf

Fledgling Freddie
Krill said:
Thanes do get a bit less good as you close on 50, especiallly as some of the skills of other classes (like warriors) seem to be weaker early on and then get better and better.
And I admit, I sometimes wish I was a warrior or savage and sometimes I wish I had the patience (and time in Midgard) to create a second level 50.
Krill just wants to be like me...:fluffle: ...:clap: ...but we all just want to be as popular and nice as Krill! :D

Welcome to Midgard/Prydwen Wholdar!!

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
Im a berz on 2nd year and ive been told ive been gimped... however im still sticking to him as my main. My advice is keep playing the char u like, and get a guild that r of equal mind to u.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Nah... stun :D

And capped out Oborik from Thid tonight. As usual outnumbered by Albs and they're hanging around the CK but it was still a lot of fun.

Thanks to the various Albsies that gave good fights and some fun in Thid. Also good showing from some Hibs tonight as they turned up for a bit of a giggle :)

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
WElcome to Prydwen, hope to see your deathmessage's in RvR, and Roo's runnie s0x :( sorry roo jk pwnz really, but welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom