Thanks GOA...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sandariel said:
Okay, back to topic. As I guessed... I got no free days.

This is getting beyond a joke now, after I wrote them the last time they just switched the status of the rightnow report to "solved". So I messaged them again, saying that I don't think that this issue is already solved and that I'd like a reply.

Guess what?

After 1.5 hours the status of the rightnow report was "solved" again, and again I got no E-Mail, no comment, nothing, they just ignore me. What kind of customer service is that? :twak:

Utterly pathetic, can a GM please give someone in charge a good slapping, this is terrible customer service towards a loyal subscriber of 3.5 years.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Just make a new RightNow thread and you might get another GM to answer you. This doesn't surprise me the least tbh, GOA and their policies :puke:

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
as a very long shot mate, try pming all the GM via this forum and point them in the direction of this thread... that might get through to someone who cares maybe...

gif sandeh free days ! (could start a Prydwen campain :D)

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
limpit said:
as a very long shot mate, try pming all the GM via this forum and point them in the direction of this thread... that might get through to someone who cares maybe...

gif sandeh free days ! (could start a Prydwen campain :D)
I PMed Requiel about it last night, maybe he can do something about this.
It's quite funny though... this is the last thing I wrote:
Posted: 10/18/2005 05:35 PM

Dear customer support,
could you please at least have the decency to reply instead of just hitting the "issue solved" button? It's rather rude not to even bother replying to a request by a customer...

Regards

And guess what:

Date Updated
10/19/2005 10:58 AM
Date Closed
10/19/2005 10:58 AM

And no, I did NOT get an answer... They just hit the "solved"-button once more.

The support-monkey strikes again (Hey, someone Photoshop me a support-monkey :D )

And as I already said, it's not really about the free days anymore. I'm sick of companies and their terrible customer support. Of course I could just stop messaging and live with it; I'm not that poor that I need these euros. But I don't think companies should get away with this kind of [insertsomenastywordhere] ;)

Kryml

Fledgling Freddie
I had to experience the same thing.

Some weeks ago i decided to start on Prywden/Hibernia. My account was registered as a "german" account.

My first char on Prywden reached lvl 50, the day the servers came down (by farming scarab-wings for the golden scarab vest).

When the servers were back up, i had to realize that my little vampiir was no longer lvl 50 and had lost his golden vest together with all of the scarab-wings.

When the compensation was announced i wrote to RightNow...

Right Now said:
We are looking into ways to determine Prydwen players to attribute the free days.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

so i waited.. and waited... and...

...wrote again after one month

Kryml said:
Dear Sirs,

regarding your answer on my support-request Ref. Nr. 050917-xxxxxx ("We are looking into ways to determine Prydwen players to attribute the free days"), i would like to know if this problem has been solved yet.

Due to the rollback my first charakter on Prywden who reached lvl 50(Krymls - Vampiir) lost his 50th level (which should be proof for an active player on prywden), but i did not get the 12 day compensation until now. I'm wondering why other accounts who are active only on Excalibur but have /level 20 Charakters on Prywden, recieved the compensation.

With kind regards, Yours sincerely ....

a very disapointing answer followed...

Right Now said:
Greetings,
Thanks for the query. The free days were applicable to all English subscribers as we are not able to differnetiate solely by server. The criteria were that an account had been created using the English interface. As you are a German subscriber, you are unfortunately not eligible.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

I don't think this policiy will help getting more players to the servers with low population.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like goa are being lazy when searching for active prydwen players, the worse things is that goa are discriminating against there customers :twak:

:m00:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
same for me

Date Created
10/12/2005 01:01 PM
Date Updated
10/12/2005 02:22 PM
Date Closed
10/12/2005 02:22 PM

Got no responce at all just ticket got closed

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
they just want your money, they dont want your problems..

:m00:

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, I messaged them again, this time writing some more. I know it's prolly just a waste of time. But since this is the worst customer support I've ever seen, I'll keep on doing it :p
(Due to my work I get in contact with quite a few other companies, some are helpful, some are not, some seriously suck, some are great... I never ever experienced anything like GOA though. Just ignoring a request by a customer is like... the worst thing you can do as a company. Especially if you do it 4+ times in a row)

Anyway, this is the 4th time I updated my rightnow report:
Dear GOA-customer support,

this is the third time now that you just hit the "issue solved" button without replying to my previous post.

I'd like to state my case again now and I'd really like to hear a response from you this time.

I've been playing on the server Prydwen for 3.5 years now, actually since day one when it went online in the year 2002. I've never ever played seriously on any other server. Especially not on a german one.

I've been playing on prydwen for ages now and when the servers went down I wasn't able to play any of the chars I have. So I actually was unable to play for 12 days on both of my accounts.

And now you tell me that I'm not allowed to get a compensation because I'm german? What kind of logic is that? It might be a policy of yours to grant those days only to english players, but... what is the difference between me and an english player? That I live in germany? I doubt it, since there are actually loads of "english players" from sweden, denmark, finland and the netherlands playing this game and those, in fact, got their free days.

Even those that barely play on prydwen at all got free days. I actually know people who never played on Prydwen and only rolled a lvl 20 char once and got a "compensation" for the time they weren't unable to play on Prydwen. A server they don't play on anyway.

So please tell me now why I'm not eligible for free days, and don't tell me it's because I registered via the wrong language subscription page.

Regards

As usual... the next day I checked... case closed, no message :p

I will keep on messaging them and yes I know I'm a sick masochist for doing so... :p

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Dude, you're not going to get a reply. All you're doing it wasting your own and GOA's time, delaying the requests other people make, as well as damaging whatever goodwill they have left towards you.

GOA has already stated that their policy will be that only english accounts will get the free days. This is what the people dealing with the RightNow accounts have been told to execute and that is what they're doing. Mailing them 4 times in a row will not change that.

They don't hate you and they do not really have a bad service (though they are understaffed). Quite likely by blowing this into the open I'm afraid you've removed the chance of it ever being fixed 'quietly'.

Just let it rest and move on.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Dude, you're not going to get a reply. All you're doing it wasting your own and GOA's time, delaying the requests other people make, as well as damaging whatever goodwill they have left towards you.

GOA has already stated that their policy will be that only english accounts will get the free days. This is what the people dealing with the RightNow accounts have been told to execute and that is what they're doing. Mailing them 4 times in a row will not change that.

They don't hate you and they do not really have a bad service (though they are understaffed). Quite likely by blowing this into the open I'm afraid you've removed the chance of it ever being fixed 'quietly'.

are you working for GOA ? :p

tbh Sandariel should spam Rightnow until he gets the 12 days hes in hes right to get !

Good work Sandariel and i hope you get your 12 days compensation soon :)

Kryml

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder why they did not check all "aktive accounts" on Prydwen (charakters logged in within the last 2 weeks) after the server was back online.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Sandariel said:
Hehe, I messaged them again
Did you make a new RightNow thread or just update the existing one? Think you should make a new RightNow thread, i had the same problem getting ignored by RN once and i made a new thread and got a serious answer.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Moik said:
Did you make a new RightNow thread or just update the existing one? Think you should make a new RightNow thread, i had the same problem getting ignored by RN once and i made a new thread and got a serious answer.

Sandariel said:
Anyway, this is the 4th time I updated my rightnow report:

think its updated ;)

i think its time to write a new rightnow and submit it ^^

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I don't work at GOA and I'm not defending them either. I'm just saying that submitting the same request 4 times in a row because you don't like the answer isn't going to change their answer.

The guy answering the mail isn't the one making the decisions (GMs answer them, and they cannot access your account details), so all you're doing is pissing them off. :) GOA has already stated that checking every account for activity on the English servers takes too much / is technically unfeasible.

As a matter of fact, I agree that you should get your 12 days, but I doubt you'll get them. :/ Good luck, though.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
A decent database and a few lines of SQL and the problem of sorting out accounts that should be granted free time is solved in a few seconds...

Funny how computer related companys often seem to miss out even the most simple things...
Maybe it's like the shoemaker and his kids walking around in worn out shoes :D

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau: Honestly, GOA and their E&E teams insists, same data in same item database wouldn't result in same items. They insist there is no way to restore crafted items because the restored item wouldn't work, next time they say in other cases they would be able to restore working crafted copies, etc.

They say they don't post information on main page when they aren't 100% sure about it. We can see numerous delays with patch dates, clustering dates, etc.

They said they focus on solving pryd item problems, we had not only many patches, but we know about GOA visiting different kinds of events, etc.

They said they won't cluster till all pryd item fix problems are fixed, and they will also check stuff before clustering. We will have clustering next week any several people still waiting for item restoration. Don't know how they will restore everything in time.

They can't check characters for an account, but can check which interface you used for creating an account, which isn't the best advice. Should I mention other stuff?

Don't invest work in a character / account to have fun later, if you can't trust the service. Play only when you can have fun immediately.

I realy like TOA and don't like to rvr much, but sadly with GOA service, classic servers look like a good option.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:

I totally disagree. As Sandariel says - its not about the 12 days free compensation anymore as much as its about the customer service. The least they could do is put a curteous response to Sandariel's comments rather than just repeatedly closing the ticket. You can see Sandariel's comments in the ticket are not abusive, threatening, written in l33t speak, but are instead well formed, polite responses. To just close the ticket in this manner is downright rude. If I was to respond to my customers in this same fashion, I could expect to be looking for another job the following day.

Having said that, I think GoA do a good job in running the servers. The server uptime is better than any other mmo I've played, and the staff in game are always friendly and seem to genuinely care about the wellbeing of our characters (when you've put as much effort into something as we do in MMOs, our characters are more than just 1s and 0s on a filesystem). If you go and play an SOE game (eg. EQ2, SWG) you'll note this is something we take for granted. There, they seem to have no hesitation in performing roll backs or shutting down servers for extended periods of time with little or no advance warning.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Kaun_IA said:
where your accounts active (paid) when the server crash and when it came up?

that doesent have anything to do with it. my account wasent active at the incident, but i reactivated right after the servers went up again and i got compensation.....

i wasent even affected at all and still got +12 days.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
LoL :)

Never thought they would give compensation for non-subscribers :) But as I see, with GOA subscribtion system it was impossible to detect who had an active subscribtion when the server was down.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Krakatau: Honestly, GOA and their E&E teams insists, same data in same item database wouldn't result in same items.

Re-read what I wrote :twak:
I didn't mention ITEMS, I was talking about sorting out accounts to get free TIME.
When will people ever learn to read through a post and think about what it says before posting a reply.:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom