Thanks GOA...

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I never had a problem with GOAs support and never complained and stuff, but this one is taking the piss...

Well a short introduction: I mailed them 3 times about the 12 days compensation I should have gotten due to the Prydwen downtime.

The first time I got a response that I'd get my free days added if I have chars on prydwen... And I'm quite sure I got some there, since... this is like the only server I play on. :twak:

Nothing happened though, so I sent them an E-Mail again, referring to their earlier response.
This time I didn't get an answer at all.
So I tried again using rightnow this time, not the subscription(at)goa.com address.

And this is the response I got:

Subject
Free days, compensation for prydwen downtime

Discussion Thread
Response (CS) 10/15/2005 02:32 PM
Hello,

We are sorry not to pursue your request, since the 12 free days were offered only to the gamers who live in united kingdom.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
Customer (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) 10/13/2005 09:32 PM
Dear GOA-Customer support,

according to the friday news everyone who had an open account and has chars on Prydwen is supposed to get 12 free days as compensation for the downtime in September. So far I didn't get an E-Mail notification or the free days added to my current subscription period, though.

Since I play only Prydwen and didn't play at all during the Prydwen downtime I'd greatly appreciate if you could look into this and add those 12 days to the current subscription period on both of my accounts.

The account names are:

XXXXXX0/XXXXXX2(subscription/game login),
XXXXXX8/XXXXXX10(subscription/game login)

yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX XXXXX

P.S.:
I already sent this E-Mail to subscription(at)goa.com and got a reply that I'd get my free days added (That was about a month ago [Incident: 050917-000117]) I didn't get them yet, though.
This has got to be a joke, right? :(

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
wth, "only" ones who live in united kingdom ?

please, open a daoc server for every country so that I won't get screwed when your databases get pwned.

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
its not the ppl who live in UK.. but the ppl who registrerd their account on the english-language webpage.. so if ya chose german or sumtn else .. yer bufftucked...

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
might be wise to pm a gm or ask an e&e to bring it up on the boards explaining your a prydwen player even if your not a UK player.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Sandariel said:
Hello,

We are sorry not to pursue your request, since the 12 free days were offered only to the gamers who live in united kingdom.

Thanks for your understanding

This has got to be a joke, right? :(

no there serious, just because you pay Goa a subscription does not entitle you to any special treatment, unless your country is one of the 5 permanent members of the the UN security council.

If i were you i would email your "head of state" with something like:

"WTF GOA dont givf me 12 free days, bcos we are not l33t enough, get in the UN security council WTF !!!111!!!, mezz mezz WTF...."

enjoy...

:m00:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i live in holland, so does a friend of my (DOH:D), but we both got compensations..

anyways; ur screwed hun:S

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like GOA to me :) Too bad you cant do anything about it.

I live in Denmark. My main server is Excalibur, but as I had a lvl20 character on Prydwen I got 12 free days.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i dont live even near to england, dont play much pryd, still got compensation!!

ok one question!!!

where your accounts active (paid) when the server crash and when it came up?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Iam from Germany and i play my Mains on Excalibur. I have some level 20+ Toons on Prydwen and i never got any free Days for any English Server Problems. Prolly because iam registered through the German Service.

But i really don't care!

On the other Hand if something goes wrong with the German Servers i prolly get free Days even if i don't play there. (Which i don't do)

:D

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
actaully b4 the crash i was on pryd alot lvling a cabby...and i got no 12 days either,,,tbh cba checking it up either :twak:
i doubt u will get it m8...my cabby is about to be 50, and my rl m8 who is lvl 26 cleric got his subs +12days..so, shit happens ? :(

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
I have one account registered in Englisch and one in German, playing both on Prydwen and both got the 12 days.

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
i dont live even near to england, dont play much pryd, still got compensation!!

ok one question!!!

where your accounts active (paid) when the server crash and when it came up?

Yeah, both accounts were active before, during and after the crash.
And yes, my accounts both were registered on the german subs pages. I never really played on any of the german servers though. All I did was play a wiz to lvl 14 on Avalon when the german servers opened in 2002 (They opened one week earlier than Prydwen and Excal).

Once english servers went live I switched to Prydwen though and since then I've been playing on Pryd only... for 3 years now. It's not that I need those 7 € or whatever those 2 x 12 days are worth, but the reasoning behind their decision seriously pisses me off :twak:

People get free days for a lvl 20 char on Pryd, even if they don't play there. While I don't get them even though it's the only server I play on... Because I registered through the wrong language subs page. :eek7:

Anyway, I updated my rightnow report stating my case again and we'll see, maybe they'll grant them anyway... or they won't...

No reputation points for GOA anyway. ;)

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
That's your problem though, you registered through German sub pages. GoA stated (iirc) that only people who registered through the English pages got the 12 days added, because checking whether or not someone was active on 1 specific server would have taken way too much time.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie

Lol, that must be the biggest bag of bullshit ever :)

Finland = a province of UK, AYE.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
So was this fixed yet?
Typical GoA costumer support to come with a reply like that, which blatantly show lack of knowledge about the situation.

... live in the United Kingdoms?
Geez

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
That's your problem though, you registered through German sub pages. GoA stated (iirc) that only people who registered through the English pages got the 12 days added, because checking whether or not someone was active on 1 specific server would have taken way too much time.

Why did my bot account get the 12 days then? Its definatly registred via the german pages.

Glittery_Princess

One of Freddy's beloved
Erm, my main server is Prydwen and 3 of my chars are still waiting on their equipment back but i didnt get any free days

My account was active and paid for when the server crashed and for about 3 weeks after that, but i havent re-newed my account this month - could this be why i didnt get the free days?

This is the first i have heard of it :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Icebreaker said:
Iam from Germany and i play my Mains on Excalibur. I have some level 20+ Toons on Prydwen and i never got any free Days for any English Server Problems. Prolly because iam registered through the German Service.

But i really don't care!

On the other Hand if something goes wrong with the German Servers i prolly get free Days even if i don't play there. (Which i don't do)

:D

icebraker, in germany u must do every euhm "werkwoord of was het nou een zelfstanding naamwoord, of een zelfstanding voornaam woord werk zetsel?:D" with a Big Letter On The Front, in English u dont have to;p

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
This is what I sent them last saturday:

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why this offer is only for "people who live in the UK". I've been playing on the server prydwen since day 1 of release in the year 2002; all my characters are on this server. That's why I didn't play the game at all during the time Prydwen was down.

It shouldn't matter where I live, due to server downtime I wasn't able to play any of my characters... and not getting a compensation for this lost time because I don't live in the UK is rather harsh.

I'd really appreciate if you could look into this once more.

Well... just checked the status... they just switched the status of my request to solved without bothering to answer. Well done :twak:

Well, they might have added the free days without telling me, but I'll have to wait till I'm back at home from work, don't have my subs details here.

Doubt it though. :m00:

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
VampiiricMist said:
its not the ppl who live in UK.. but the ppl who registrerd their account on the english-language webpage.. so if ya chose german or sumtn else .. yer bufftucked...

That would explain a lot tbh - I live in the UK & started playing Daoc 2 days after retail release (iirc). I registered on the french site as the english registration was fecked when I tried to sign up - still have a UK address etc, always have. Play pryd etc, no 12 days.

Nice to see that GoA use such a rediculous method of ascribing compensation - how about looking at the people who lost gear on pryd & filed reports with you, database logs of characters on accounts on prydwen etc. No. Lets use a silly registration page from however many years ago.

Yay Goa!

Although to be fair I haven't even logged a complaint against it, I've had enough of arguing with barely literate minimum wage idiots sending stock replies via email which are totally unrelated to the issue queried.

And I'm not particularly bitter either, just resigned to the above after using Rightnow a few times. Grats if you're about to post that 'you've never had an issue with RN, they always resolve everything you ever ask' etc, all they've ever done from me is cause further annoyance.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Sandariel said:
This is what I sent them last saturday:

Well... just checked the status... they just switched the status of my request to solved without bothering to answer. Well done :twak:

Well, they might have added the free days without telling me, but I'll have to wait till I'm back at home from work, don't have my subs details here.

Doubt it though. :m00:

if they havent extended your sub period with 12 days i would rightnow again.

youre in your right to get those days and if it was me i wouldnt stop rightnow'ing before i had gotten those days.

you have paid for those days and youre in your right to get them ! :)

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Tiarta said:
if they havent extended your sub period with 12 days i would rightnow again.

youre in your right to get those days and if it was me i wouldnt stop rightnow'ing before i had gotten those days.

you have paid for those days and youre in your right to get them ! :)

Yeah keep RightNow'ing them until they begin to threat you.. works for me :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sand has only ever really played on the English servers even though he is German, it really takes the piss that he is being denied the 12 days he is owed. Can a GM please look into that, it is an extremely unfair situation for him to be penalised for not playing a German server even though he is German.

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
Wee, hi Chodio, still/again playing this crappy game? :D

Okay, back to topic. As I guessed... I got no free days.

This is getting beyond a joke now, after I wrote them the last time they just switched the status of the rightnow report to "solved". So I messaged them again, saying that I don't think that this issue is already solved and that I'd like a reply.

Guess what?

After 1.5 hours the status of the rightnow report was "solved" again, and again I got no E-Mail, no comment, nothing, they just ignore me. What kind of customer service is that? :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom