Thank you

S

Sleet

Thanks to all the people that helped me over many many threads about me trying to get connected to adsl with 3 comps on a home network.

I went on advice, shopped, got it all going now, just 3 days until ISP expects BT to have line ready (choose my ISP due to posts on forums here!)

I think i saved around £100 by having a little knowledge from you guys. And on top of that, ease of mind that i was buying the right parts.

So from a big big computer n00b, thank you :)

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by wyrd_fish
bugger me

what uni is this???
Cambridge :D
I also have the option on 100 Megabit, but that costs extra :(

T

Testin da Cable

100mbit internet connection? egads! how much extra pray? please don't say "ooh 10 pounds, but I'm not getting it cos I'm a skint student type!" :(

F

FatBusinessman

Nah, 5 pounds. (A term)

But I would very rarely use it, and I've already managed to get a bill from the college for "excessive network traffic" :(

S

(Shovel)

Originally posted by FatBusinessman
I've already managed to get a bill from the college for "excessive network traffic" :(

Ha! There is justice in interweb-land then.

K

kameleon

The thing is, viable has nothing to do with it, BT has a duty of service to provide ADSL wherever it is wanted. If I were you I'd get capaigning in your town, and then when when BT turn round and say its unviable, go to oftel.

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by kameleon
The thing is, viable has nothing to do with it, BT has a duty of service to provide ADSL wherever it is wanted. If I were you I'd get capaigning in your town, and then when when BT turn round and say its unviable, go to oftel.

Thanks kam, but www.stewarton.net

been campaigning for donkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom