Hello,

We invite you to read the following link :

http://www.camelotherald.com/tradeskills/

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
Customer (Pentek JOZSEF) 09/11/2003 02:24 AM
From the 1.62 patch notes:

When salvaging cloth items, Clothworking will be checked now instead of Tailoring.

I tried to salvage an af 46 cloth leggings with 795 clothwork and 238 tailoring, but failed to produce any materials. Maybe cloth item salvage still looks for tailoring?

I dont understand it. Please someone explain.

A

Aarweenie

you really think they write an individual answer to each problem? ;p most likely they have like 20 pre written answers... and the one you got is one of them ;p

F

Flimgoblin

it was supposed to be fixed in 1.62 - it wasn't. Not here, not in the US either :)

it's still broken in 1.65F ;)

S

SilverHood

why say thank you to RightNow? its just a CS tool, like email :p

you really think they write an individual answer to each problem? ;p most likely they have like 20 pre written answers... and the one you got is one of them ;p

they probably have a bit more than 20... about one for every issue that could happen :)

T

Tafaya Anathas

And it had took 13 days to post a pre-wrote mail? RightNow? :)

B

bulge

Ignoring the response by rightnow (!) and trying to answer your question...

AF46 cloth is in the 900 skill range for making, so I guess it is entirely possible that you would fail to get anything when salvaging with only 795 clothworking

There is a percentage chance of failure wihen salvaging anything higher than your skill , although I dont know the figures.

M

Merl

Dont report bugs on rightnow, like Silverhood said, it is just a customer service tool and GOA are not responsible for any bugs in the game, Mythic r the ppl that are responsible for that, try this link. I could be wrong but i think thats where u need to report that sort of thing as we have no /appeal

http://www.camelotherald.com/feedback.php

S

svartmetall

RightNever sucks completely...don't know how many times I have to repeat that before it sinks in with most people.

It is the worst "customer support" thing I have ever seen, and GOA have the worst customer support - i.e. none at all - I have ever seen in any company I have had dealings with.

I have never had ANY response EVER to ANY query I have placed via RightNever; the only viable conclusion that I can make from that is that it is a useless piece of shit.

I actually encountered a problem last night when doing a quest - clicking on the highlighted text in the NPC's speech window did nothing - but I'm not going to bother trying to report it via RightNever because there will be no reply. There never is.

F

Flimgoblin

they reply, they don't always get it right - but they do reply.

Your problem is that the supposeldy fixed thing in 1.62 isn't fixed - this unfortunately is a known issue in later versions anyway - it's a Mythic thing in this case - things like sound being missing etc. is a euro-specific issue so these things do need to be reported to the EU bugreporting.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
but they do reply.
No, they don't.

I have NEVER had a reply from them. Gave all the details they say they need, did everything right at my end, but nothing ever from GOA by way of support or service.

C

chretien

If you're not even getting the 'As there has been no update to this query in 48 hours we have changed the status to solved' mails then I'd say you're doing something wrong. Either your email account is incorrect or youare submitting them in the wrong category or something. Everytime I've used Rightnow I've had a reply within 72 hours. Seems to be the same few who have continual problems and the vast majority who don't. That's not a flame but an observation. If Rightnow was as bad as you say and for example 40% of all queries got binned cos they wanted to knock off early then I'd expect everyone and their dog to have a Rightnow whinge story. The fact that it works (albeit slowly at times) for most people and not at all for a minority indicates to me that somewhere that minority are doing something wrong.

C

Cush

Originally posted by svartmetall
No, they don't.

I have NEVER had a reply from them. Gave all the details they say they need, did everything right at my end, but nothing ever from GOA by way of support or service.

Everytime ive sent something to GOA ive gotten a replay within the next 24h.

S

svartmetall

Oh please, I may be a death metal fan but I'm not entirely stupid.
:)
You don't think after my query had been there for nine weeks unanswered that it didn't occur to me I might have done something wrong?

That I didn't check every damn detail?

I did, in fact I even posted it here once, exactly what I'd posted in RightNever and where I'd posted it.

I know I'm not the only one who's had endless problems with RightNever...and I will not accept that it is anything other than broken, because from my experience, it blatantly is. From my personal experience GOA have, effectively, no customer support at all, and if I didn't have so much time and effort invested into characters on Euro servers (and so many friends that I've made in-game) I would move to US servers without a second's hesitation.

C

Cush

All i said is that ive never had any problems and always gotten a response within 24h.

S

svartmetall

Yeah, my reply was to Chretien actually. If you've somehow managed to get replies out of RightNever

1: within 24H

2: before plate tectonics causes the UK to become part of mainland US

3: ever

then more power to you for it :).

C

Cush

?? more power to me??

WEEEE...!!

hmm.. what am i suppose to do with this power and do i qb click it while holding down the use button?

S

ssera

svartmetall: did you actually get the "As there has been no update to this query in 48 hours we have changed the status to solved" email reply or not?

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by ssera
svartmetall: did you actually get the "As there has been no update to this query in 48 hours we have changed the status to solved" email reply or not?
No...I've never had any form of reply to any query I've ever made to GOA.

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by bulge
Ignoring the response by rightnow (!) and trying to answer your question...

AF46 cloth is in the 900 skill range for making, so I guess it is entirely possible that you would fail to get anything when salvaging with only 795 clothworking

There is a percentage chance of failure wihen salvaging anything higher than your skill , although I dont know the figures.

Yeah, 10 failure from 10 try :) It is bugged, I'll sell cloth armors instead of making them disappear :)

Users who are viewing this thread