Thane Template

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
Any1 got a good thane template with SoK? :worthy:

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
And there is no overall good Thane template. Too much diversity in playstyle and choices to make. If you wanna be a good thane, design everything about it yourself. ;)

X

xGenocidex

Eithor said:
Why you want sok(sword) when hammers got more than decent love in the patch that hit us in a couple of days?

Here is the official Thane (TL) forum, there you got lots of temps etc:
http://www.loreguild.com/thanes/index.php

Indeed Eithor no idea why the guy wants SoK so badly :p whats the use in having a SoK proc when you don't have the hits or offence to keep up with your enemies damage :eek: go hammer like Eithor suggested its much more useful after patch... the only way i'd EVER use sword is probably PvE :p not pvp.. sword > axe and hammer pve easily

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Ye... Although me myself used to be sword and sok was my main weapon(usually). IF sword had got about same love as hammer, i'd still be sword.
But with the melee energy debuff proc, Lambast (not to speak of mjollnirs fury, if specced for it) and the other dd proc hammer styles it simply outperform sword in damage, no matter kind of armor.

With the higher parry rate in pve, i think i'd use hammer for that as well(celerity with those procs, yum yum!).

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Dont dismiss sword so easily imo.

SoK will help you survive better as I see it: 1) The group chant for end/hp/power . not much but everything counts and 2) the lvl 5 proc that gives 1 min 50% style reduction when hit on . pretty much up every fight. Pretty good stuff if you want to play it defensively.

With the new changes the hammer line is certainly geared towards dishing out more damage, but thats mainly coming from a 50 hammer spec. If going the 39 weap then sword would be just as good imo if you prefer SoK over say CL or Malice.

Im not sure how the lower lvl dd proc style dvelves for but I cant imagine it to be much. If you want to do damage tho you will go 50 hammer anyways as there aint no contest on that area.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and check the SC forum for Krauz' template, Runan. Maybe that will give you some inspiration. :)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
The 39 hammerstyle dd proc will dmg for about 140-160, with good template, the right ra's and the thane melee-buff energy debuff proccing it's very possible to get that proc to do 200+ dmg, now thats not too uber, still it's a very nice boost to dmg(that will be 400-500 dmg all in all, with one-hander alone, on crush weak targets).
The positional or the anytime 2nd in a chain(don't remember which one atm) will hit for about 100+ extra dmg.

I used to run around with 48sc, 42shield(+18), 34sword(+18), parry24(+18).
On top of that i had moblock4 and moparry4 and dex 330+, also i did use SoK as one hander mainly.
It was nice, and i'd like to keep my sword spec, but I feel strongly that hammer will outperform sword, for a thane.

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
well i would just like to toa my thane, and play him sometimes... and SoK is looking great :p

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
SoK IS looking great and it'sa great weapon, no doubt about it :)

However if you want to try to go "2-handed" Thane (50sc, 50weapon, 27parry and 10shield), it's possible to dish out 900-1300 damage in one swing(without crit, with crit 1500+ dmg is possible), thats just not possible with sword or axe, since only the Thane Hammerline got that kind of love.
Thus to chose sword or axe over hammer for looks, might not be the best idea ;)

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
Eithor said:
SoK IS looking great and it'sa great weapon, no doubt about it :)

However if you want to try to go "2-handed" Thane (50sc, 50weapon, 27parry and 10shield), it's possible to dish out 900-1300 damage in one swing(without crit, with crit 1500+ dmg is possible), thats just not possible with sword or axe, since only the Thane Hammerline got that kind of love.
Thus to chose sword or axe over hammer for looks, might not be the best idea ;)

well i don't want to be like everybody :p so i would perfer to use SoK xD looks > all

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Haha ok, i often think/do that as well, so I gotta admire that ;]

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
well... i'm working on a template atm... :)

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Eithor said:
The 39 hammerstyle dd proc will dmg for about 140-160, with good template, the right ra's and the thane melee-buff energy debuff proccing it's very possible to get that proc to do 200+ dmg, now thats not too uber, still it's a very nice boost to dmg(that will be 400-500 dmg all in all, with one-hander alone, on crush weak targets).
The positional or the anytime 2nd in a chain(don't remember which one atm) will hit for about 100+ extra dmg.

I used to run around with 48sc, 42shield(+18), 34sword(+18), parry24(+18).
On top of that i had moblock4 and moparry4 and dex 330+, also i did use SoK as one hander mainly.
It was nice, and i'd like to keep my sword spec, but I feel strongly that hammer will outperform sword, for a thane.

Im still not convinced that the parry style will work anywhere but when soloing or possibly small groups. Its just about worthless when it comes to fg rvr.
When it does fire its nice indeed but imo there is still room for individuality for a thane and going 39sword would do just as good if your main goal arent to do damage.

For a 8man persepctive:

Damage = 50 weap ie no contest in getting hammer imo.
Defensive = 39 weap where imo 39 sword would be better due to better defensive artifacts such as SoK.

Just because hammer got some nice fluff it doesnt nesecarrely mean that its a must to spec that. Other can work also and in some cases shine over hammer. It all depends on your play style.

Above said im going 50 sc, 42 shield, 39 hammer, rest parry come patch. Why? Cause I want to try something new and with new SC suit aimed more at the casting department I can respec 50sc/50hammer later wo having to redo suit. :)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Sword more dmg and Hammer more utility, that has been (more or less) the view.

Has hammer lost it's utility? no
Has Sword gained utility? no
Has Sword gained dmg? no
Has hammer gained dmg? yes

Sure you/anyone don't have to spec hammer, sword or axe will work.

Sure you dont have to spec StormCalling either as a thane, go 50hammer, 42shield, parry32 and sc23(for utility-interrupts etc), it could work, actually as a soloer/duoer or even a grp bg'er it could work very well.

Does it mean you get the most bang for the buck out of your Thane?
Nope.

Same with a reaver, a reaver don't HAVE to spec flex, however not to spec it is about as wise as for a warrior to spec throw.

Now i agree that flex>thane hammer styles, due to its easy to spam those high dd proc styles etc.
Likewise for a Thane hammer > sword/axe.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Eithor said:
Sword more dmg and Hammer more utility, that has been (more or less) the view.

Has hammer lost it's utility? no
Has Sword gained utility? no
Has Sword gained dmg? no
Has hammer gained dmg? yes

Sure you/anyone don't have to spec hammer, sword or axe will work.

Sure you dont have to spec StormCalling either as a thane, go 50hammer, 42shield, parry32 and sc23(for utility-interrupts etc), it could work, actually as a soloer/duoer or even a grp bg'er it could work very well.

Does it mean you get the most bang for the buck out of your Thane?
Nope.

Same with a reaver, a reaver don't HAVE to spec flex, however not to spec it is about as wise as for a warrior to spec throw.

Now i agree that flex>thane hammer styles, due to its easy to spam those high dd proc styles etc.
Likewise for a Thane hammer > sword/axe.

Im not sure what you mean by sword > hammer when it comes to damage? That be coming from ragnarok? Tbh I think there have been very few thanes speccing 50 sword and that with good reason as ragno is overrated and specpoints better spend elsewhere to get more bang for the buck yet not crippling ( hah at "crippling damage" for thanes ) damage very much.

And hammer more utillity? That due to backsnare style? Granted thats nice to have and would be good for an offensive tank chasing down targets. For a defensive tank ( such a one i've been ) I prefer sword over hammer. That coming from the sidechain with attackspeed debuff and followup with a snare - good to get of on MA trains when bg'ing stuff.

All im saying is that hammer indeed have gained alot more damage potentiel and certainly that should be the way if you wanna do just that. However, dont fool yourself about the usefullness of the parry chain. Surely big ss' have been posted about its great damage but those arent coming from fg rvr most likely. Ppl simply adapt there and leave the thane alone from melee and let casters nuke him down or wait til one of last mids standing.

Imo sword spec has more usefullness for the defensive thanes than hammer does. Better defensive artifact ( sok ) and better styles ( sidechain ).

About not having to spec hammer compared not having to spec SC then regarding SC that may be true and if it wasnt for DH I would spec lower SC I reckon. DH is just to good a spell to have and will fit any playstyle nicely that be offensive or defensive.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Side or pos. styles that do roughly 100 dd proc dmg, so it's not all about reactive dd proc dmg styles.

More races that is weak or natural to slash, than to crush (especially since stealthers is seomthing one seldom encounter in grp vs grp fights).
Thats why sword had greater potential for better dmg over hammer.

Backsnare affect all classes, melee haste decrease styles is really only usefull on tanks/melee oriented classes.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Why the fuck didnt anyoen tell me you could change CB-versions in this patch? I have to build CB into my template as well now. FUCK!

EDIT: Its way above my skill to fit cb in as well into that template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom