Thane in need of info

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
Hello everyone!

I've haven't been playing daoc for a very long time now and I'm thinking of maybe reactivating my account again. So here I am asking for information from you peoples who still is around. I would really apricciate if you could Answer my questions :wub:

How does these "artifacts" work? they can get lvls? how do they get lvls? how do you get them? they drop of monsters? or quest?

What about legendary weapons I heard about?(or whatever they were called)

Masterlevels? as a thane what masterlevel should I pick? and why?

Now my final question... does anybody now when they are going to change the realm ability set up etc?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Zoldot said:
Hello everyone!

Hi

Zoldot said:
How does these "artifacts" work? they can get lvls? how do they get lvls? how do you get them? they drop of monsters? or quest?

Getting Artifacts requires the Artifact itself (Most seem to drop from mobs, but not all of them do) and 3 scrolls (farmed off mobs) - you then take the artifact to an NPC in the Hall of Hero's and he activates it (at which point it becomes non-tradable) at which point the fun starts...

Artifacts start at lvl0 with some stats - as you level the artifact it gains new abilitys. You level them up by killing in a specified criteria (E.g. in the BoTS anything you kill between 8am/8pm game time gives Artifact XP)

Clicky

Zoldot said:
What about legendary weapons I heard about?(or whatever they were called)

Legendary weapons are basically crafter made weapons with stats - the main advantage they have is that their dmg is magic based. Not melee (e.g. - you can have a legendary weapon that does Energy type dmg). Realistically you'll only need to worry about these as a stealther - in most peoples opinions if your a 'group' character and your RvRing against other groups who's magic resists are usually higher than melee anyway its not worth the effort.

As a side note, qual of the items (and weapon used) doesn't effect the qual of the weapon.

Another Clicky

Zoldot said:
Masterlevels? as a thane what masterlevel should I pick? and why?

Battlemaster, Stormlord is bugged to hell

More Clicky

Zoldot said:
Now my final question... does anybody know when they are going to change the realm ability set up etc?

Frontiers is set for release in the US some time later this year, but no fixed date yet. So no.

Ph34r Clicky

Hope that helps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom