THANE, friar and warden LOVE inc at last :)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
"Hybrid Enhancements: We are looking at three hybrids for this version - the Friar, the Thane and the Warden. As with the heavy tanks, our goal is to reinvigorate these classes to make them more fun and interesting to play. Each of these classes is getting unique changes applied to them that will fit with their individual roles in battle. Keep an eye open for patch notes which explain how we are approaching this with each class."

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2320.shtml

Lets hope it will be a very good boost. :clap:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Givf love to armsmen first ;)

Oh wait they are ;)

Wizards need more love than friars atm :(

Brite

Banned
grapple bots dont need love, they need prison love

maybe thanes do

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Wardens are a fine class and 95% of the grps use it in an opted setup
Friar is a solid class itself and doesnt need a boost albs just have to many classes
Thanes on the other hand could very well get a boost. even though Ive seen some nasty thanes out there

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Givf Friar love! I'd like my 2H staff to double/triple/quadhit my target, the ability to nuke the enemy whilst in melee, maybe add in a few chambers to instakill the occasional noob incase I get bored. :p

Seriously though, I'm interested to see what they decide to do - they can't exactly add yet another buff to fix the class.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
My only fear is that they'll do the same 'broad brush' approach to hybrids as they did to heavy tanks where classes that didn't really need a lot of love (Warriors) got the same boosts as classes that did (Armsmen). If they give Thanes and Wardens the same across the board, that's a big boost for Hib while Thanes are still likely to be wearing out their LFG macros.

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
You sure of this Duane ? I guess Arrow has given some good hints to Mythic through his reports (some of yours even ;))

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Friar love? Hah, someone probably hacked the Camelot Herald and put up a joke! ;) Is it April 1st yet?

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Friar love? Hah, someone probably hacked the Camelot Herald and put up a joke! ;) Is it April 1st yet?

Shut up! :( Someone make the bad man go away!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
GReaper said:
Givf Friar love! I'd like my 2H staff to double/triple/quadhit my target, the ability to nuke the enemy whilst in melee, maybe add in a few chambers to instakill the occasional noob incase I get bored. :p

Seriously though, I'm interested to see what they decide to do - they can't exactly add yet another buff to fix the class.

Like the triple or quad hit idea, using tarts that would kill any caster without a DI bot instantly. :worthy:

I personally would also like a castable dot that does 8 ticks of 250-350 dmg and Nearsight spell and uninteruptable PBAOE. Dammit might just as well roll a frigging whorecock!

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Wardens are a fine class and 95% of the grps use it in an opted setup
Friar is a solid class itself and doesnt need a boost albs just have to many classes
Thanes on the other hand could very well get a boost. even though Ive seen some nasty thanes out there

i havnt seen a friar or warden in a long time on merlin, all grps seem to run with 2 bards and one of the best run with a VW for bg instead and albs mostly run overextending caster grps or one got a paladin and therefor dont have space for friar

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
wardens are loved enough? not unless your ml8 and rr5 .
a nice all round class all said, but are good at nothing, are tanking skills are laughable are healing skills also(we can do tanking as an interupter only we can do healing for about 20 secs) but would like to see a tanking warden be comparable to a ranger (1 handed ofc )or somewhere nearer a druid for healing with a healing spec warden.we are the realms 2nd healer.

in short wardens are only needed because resists and bodyguard thats not what an all round class should be about

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
well i hope they imporve the friar Hot, maybe make it instant and last longer, and maybe a pbt that blocks spell damage or negates one damage spell.

:m00:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:

crap .. that's what that statement is ... ok the too many classes yeah , ok i can see that.

But try playing a friar as your main for 3 years ... try playing a class that you love , but watching it get left behind by almost every other class in the realm.

I can't wait to hear what they are gona do.... i only hope they don't decided to mess around with the ra's .... imagine getting something crappy like snapshot :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I guess looking at them wardens have pretty much the same thing as friars: they're bg and resist bots with the odd heal.

Just you can fit one of those in a hib group without losing too much of your damage (and a warden will probably live a bit longer than a friar?)

It's TWF and ML abilities that make wardens popular, not the class itself.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
I guess looking at them wardens have pretty much the same thing as friars: they're bg and resist bots with the odd heal.

Just you can fit one of those in a hib group without losing too much of your damage (and a warden will probably live a bit longer than a friar?)

It's TWF and ML abilities that make wardens popular, not the class itself.

and the occasionally x3 resist buff :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
wardens have a major heal, that is the same heal i use on my healer and when i played prydwen, wardens was no.1 for stat heal

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The thane love is thus

"Upon logging in you will insta die and be offered a /classrespec"

Friars do need some love, they cant heal regardless of how high they spec, they cant hit as hard as a merc nor heal as well as a cleric so a group will eitheer take another merc/cleric.

Friars have resists and static tempest, thats it.

Warden's....all the ml10 ones i have seen are a nightmare to have as an opponent, i dont know what problems they have.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
The thane love is thus

"Upon logging in you will insta die and be offered a /classrespec"
Nah, then Midgard'd lose their main mezzbreaker! "Oh no a thane!"

Bahumat said:
Friars do need some love, they cant heal regardless of how high they spec, they cant hit as hard as a merc nor heal as well as a cleric so a group will eitheer take another merc/cleric.

Friars have resists and static tempest, thats it.
And basebuffs, bodyguard, Egg of Youth. They offer some nice group utility but sadly they still get ignored. What Friars need is a realm wide public awareness program. :p (And a donkey.)

Bahumat said:
Warden's....all the ml10 ones i have seen are a nightmare to have as an opponent, i dont know what problems they have.
Their problem is that they're hibs. :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Pfft Valks need more love then thanes

Dunno about more but they certainly need love. Even if a thane cant get a group he can go find some tower or keep and leach some rp with his spellcasting, not so for the poor valkyrie that is melee only pretty much. Imo valkyries should have gotten the healing abilities instead of the warlock, maybe a self only buff that procced spreadheal upon melee hits. Would have fitted better with the lore as well. Or at least they could have given them baseline buffs.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i think paladins should be able to spec that ml9 super size pet line...but they can cast it on themselves :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom