Thane For Thid

noblok

Part of the furniture
21 sc, 18 shield, 15 hammer, 11 parry. Mastery of Parry 2. Current spec. Obviously for defensive playstyle.
21 sc, 18 hammer, 18 parry. Mastery of parry/pain 2. My spec before I went 1h, worked nice vs assassins.
23 sc, 24 hammer. Mastery of pain 2. My oldest spec, probably the best to kill casters with.

Some important things:
1) Shield: go 18 or none. The off-block stun is lovely. It's not worth speccing just for engage, your insta should cover you enough to close the gap and you shouldn't run near the keep.

2) Hammer: in 1hand I barely notice the difference between 19 and 15 spec. In 2handed it's ~0.5% extra damage per point in hammer.

3) Twohanded mechanics: the formula is 10%+0.5% per point in weapon spec. Decide for yourself if it's worth going twohand spec. Keep in mind that even when speccing onehand you still have the option to go for the twohanded, but you'll lose damage and/or defense when compared to a thane specced specifically for 2h.

4) Stormcalling: I'm a really passive kind of guy, so it doesn't happen often that I nuke before I engage, hence the 21 sc. If you're a bit more active than me 23 sc might be worth considering though. The 21 sc also mainly dates from when my main enemies were assassins (OF).

5) Weapon: axe is pretty nice, it has got an anytime attack speed debuff (pillager) and slash tables are pretty good. I prefer hammer myself, provoke comes in handy in fights which last an eternity: low end cost means I can do a few off-block stuns (drains end, even if I miss it). Crush is also good vs assassins and vampiirs, bit annoying when fighting scale/chain though.

6) Get a 1h: to break bubbles with.

7) Weapon speed: as fast as possible. You want to be able to get as many reactionaries of as possible, there's nothing as annoying as blocking and getting hit again before you can stun. It's also better for "overkill damage".

8) Dual wield: halves blocking rates. Most enemies you'll meet will be dual wielders, so this might be something to take into account when deciding your spec.

That should cover most aspects, I think.

Lecathar

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
21 sc, 18 shield, 15 hammer, 11 parry. Mastery of Parry 2. Current spec. Obviously for defensive playstyle.
21 sc, 18 hammer, 18 parry. Mastery of parry/pain 2. My spec before I went 1h, worked nice vs assassins.
23 sc, 24 hammer. Mastery of pain 2. My oldest spec, probably the best to kill casters with.

Some important things:
1) Shield: go 18 or none. The off-block stun is lovely. It's not worth speccing just for engage, your insta should cover you enough to close the gap and you shouldn't run near the keep.

2) Hammer: in 1hand I barely notice the difference between 19 and 15 spec. In 2handed it's ~0.5% extra damage per point in hammer.

3) Twohanded mechanics: the formula is 10%+0.5% per point in weapon spec. Decide for yourself if it's worth going twohand spec. Keep in mind that even when speccing onehand you still have the option to go for the twohanded, but you'll lose damage and/or defense when compared to a thane specced specifically for 2h.

4) Stormcalling: I'm a really passive kind of guy, so it doesn't happen often that I nuke before I engage, hence the 21 sc. If you're a bit more active than me 23 sc might be worth considering though. The 21 sc also mainly dates from when my main enemies were assassins (OF).

5) Weapon: axe is pretty nice, it has got an anytime attack speed debuff (pillager) and slash tables are pretty good. I prefer hammer myself, provoke comes in handy in fights which last an eternity: low end cost means I can do a few off-block stuns (drains end, even if I miss it). Crush is also good vs assassins and vampiirs, bit annoying when fighting scale/chain though.

6) Get a 1h: to break bubbles with.

7) Weapon speed: as fast as possible. You want to be able to get as many reactionaries of as possible, there's nothing as annoying as blocking and getting hit again before you can stun. It's also better for "overkill damage".

8) Dual wield: halves blocking rates. Most enemies you'll meet will be dual wielders, so this might be something to take into account when deciding your spec.

That should cover most aspects, I think.
n1 ty m8

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
As many hits as possbile, atleast 8 stre cap and if you go unbuffed then go blokkies spec for self stre buff and id suggest mastery of blocking 2 rather than parry

noblok

Part of the furniture
Elkie said:
As many hits as possbile, atleast 8 stre cap and if you go unbuffed then go blokkies spec for self stre buff and id suggest mastery of blocking 2 rather than parry
You only say that because you're a dual wielder and want easy targets ;). Mastery of parry 2 brings your parry on par with your blocking (with my spec), which means your defence vs dual wielders is as good as your defence vs twohanded users.

ToA sc isn't all that needed. I just got 12 concap and 20'ish hp-cap from rogs and I do fine.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Bleh, I forgot to mention: the difference in damage between 1h and 2h will reduce if you style. This is because the style multiplier formula is: ((Growth Rate * Weapon Spec) * Effective Speed) / Unstyled Damage Cap. As you can see, the higher the unstyled cap, the lower the style multiplier. In a quick test on my thane I found that with unstyled hits the difference was 20% and with styled hits 18%, using provoke.

TeamSpeakandChips

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love a Thane for Thid. Never passed 30 on Mid tho so no cashl. Will try leech off Aslo tho lol. Thanks for the info tho, been really useful.

/above

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom