TG FFA idea

B

boomeruk

Just wondering....

How about, if at the end of a raid, any "left over" or "unwanted" loot gets auctioned to those who attended the raid? then i dunno, distribute the money between the attendees? save it for keep repairs? donate it to charity? or whatever.

It would give a lot more incentive for people comming along to the raids knowing they would get a bit of cash too, for example, im after some soul scarred boots, (from teh tg shoeshop) and you have some somewhere in your vault, but i have to come along raid after raid and hope they drop, then come to the relotto, still, no one would ever want them. where as... i'd give the raid leader like... 800g for em, and so on and so on, so the raid leader might end up with 10p per raid ! everyone would end up with the loot they want and even some cash for their efforts :p

only problem i see is the time and effort involved, i know fets and kjel put a lot of time into organising these raids for us and probably dont want any more burduns.... but it is a pretty good idea, maybe getting a regular voulenteer to do the auction? i dunno.... what do you think?

K

kaboomy

Smart idea :)

Hey.

I think that sounds like a good idead.
But then we must come to an agreement wiht the Raid "leaders".
I really think that "leaders" deserve something, for standing out,wiht ppls like me :p ( sorry kjel )

/vote yes

K

kjel

What? You mean us organisers could actually get some cash out of this? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh I wish, then I'd actually have cash and afford to get this stinking belt which everyone wants to overcharge for (WoW belts DO NOT sell for 4p these days you fools)

As for giving cash to the attendees, there are over 300 people on the mod list, I'd rather not have to work my way through them handing out auction money.

Hmm, I think I'll speak to Yussef about what he does with unclaimed junk from his Sidi raids...

B

boomeruk

i meant distribute the money between the attendees on that particular raid

so if theres 60 people, and you make 10p out of the left over stuff, give everyone 166g :)

alright, it isnt a massive amount, but its better than nothing for the lvl 48-49's, and its also helping people who really want stuff thats just lying around in the vault :p

O

old.Hellskor

Just give the money made from those items to the Raid Leaders, they deserve something for the work.

and for ~150g it's not worth the hassle ;)

K

kjel

Just read up on Yussef's system of trading modifiers for items, looks like a really good system, but I'd have to start from a clean slate, and we'd have too many complaints if I even touched the mods.

B

boomeruk

i agree with giving the money to the leaders then

150g is peanuts, and i'd happilly pay for left over shite i need

so there, problem solved... sell all the kak left over, keep the money for the time and effort you put into organising the raids.

bit more work for you to organise the after - lotto - auction... but could be well worth it for yourself... and for the atendees :)

O

old.Zarff

after all the fucking trouble raid leaders have I fully agree on giving em the cash!

K

kjel

I like this idea... and I bet Shanks does too.

B

boomeruk

it is a good idea

and im sure everyone will aggree

it solves:

a) the trading / selling loot problem
b) people repeating un-nessercary raids for that 1 item they might need
c) gives more insentive knowing you will have a MUCH higher chance of getting everything you want
d) Aggro'ed raid leaders :p
e) bad enviroment when people dont get what they want in main loto, knowing they can still get something else for there char

PLUS - you only bid on things you want, so prices will remain cheap. ie 8 pairs of thane boots, 2 thanes can bid 100g a pair on 2 pairs as items degenerate its always nice to have spares, then the raid leader gets 400g

givf live auctions for oober tg stuff!! :D

edit: also forgot... gives the sub 50's (48,49s) a chance to get in on the good stuff too.

K

kjel

Somehow I think I'm still going to have piles of boots in my vault. Hmmm... I wonder how much the sb boots salvage for...

B

boomeruk

nah

not when u can get multiple items in bidding

they aint bad boots, especially for 100g or so :p

great for pve setups etc, save buggering your sc outfit ... damn, at that price id buy some and roll a sb :D

B

boomeruk

i dont mind helping out as i'll be attending all of kjels FFA's because there based on UK times :p

lemme know if ya need me... :D

H

Hargh

How do u stop an item going for 10s tho? Are you jsut relying on ppl going : feck that blokes getting that for 10s! My mate would want it and he'd pay 40g!

Just asking.....

B

boomeruk

because the things are worth at least 100g? in salvage

plus you would get people bidding on things for the hell of it because its so damn cheap,you can bid for alts, friends, guildies etc etc :)

L

lissandra

easily solved, set minimum price to 100g, and i would even buy like thane boots for 100g just because its so cheap and then roll a thane :p But i guess more would want it and then the price would be higher. I like the idea that after all lotto been done we do aution on the leftovers :) The only thing that needs thinking of is what to do with all money, it can amount to a large sum of money and imo it could be used for the good of midgaard and i think the raidleaders should get a sum too for their work (maybe a fixed sum or percentage of the money they gather together)

K

kaboomy

Leftovers ?

Hey again :)

If there is decided to run a sale on TG things...

Is it possible to bid on anything, or just for ur own class ?
And u can bid on more then one item, each FFA ?

All the other stuff, that is in the FFA vault, can be "tossed" away too..the vault dont need it, we do :p

\vote yes

LVL50 rc RM :)

O

old.Hellskor

old rules for the items, if no one wants them in the re-lotto, they're up for auction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom