Tf2

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I used to play TFC years ago (1999-2003) and im getting bored of daoc , is TF2 like tfc at all or is it totally different like most games these days?.

I cant really be arsed with MW2 etc...

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
Just to give you a bit of feedback:
I played tfc, I played cs, I played DoD etc
I still play DAoC, TF2 & L4D2

TF2 is a great game, it's not really 100% like the old tfc but it's just a great game. The usage of cartoon animations improves the framerates etc on a older pc which is a great thing if you compare it with the old days where you had to have a good pc to run smooth and to not have any delay.

I must say I really really like TF2 and it's fun to just hop in and play from time to time but it's not a game i can play for hours, where DAoC is a game that you really can play a loooong time. TF2 is great if you just want to hop in the action and have some fun.

I hope this helps you a bit, i would just buy it because it's an awesome game.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Just found out it was only £4 just for last weekend lol , thatll be right.

Yeh i just want a game where i can just jump in and play , will have to get my aiming skills back , just got hammered playing TFC , used to be fairly decent at FPS games.

Might give quake live a whirl aswell.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You don't aim as such with TF2, you spam in the general direction and hope you hit something. This is a good thing IMO. :)
The introduction of new weapons has worked quite well because Valve have gone out of their way to maintain balance in a "rock, paper, scissors" way. For example, the backburner for the pyro is deadly if he can run up behind you, but normal damage if you're facing him.

I'm from the old school QW:TF as well. TFC never grabbed me, but TF2 is fun at LAN parties.
I'm usually the one in a dark corner constantly spanner repairing my sentry. :D

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
haha

What I would like to add is the following:
- TF2 is a casual game, you can jump in the action and kill stuff, even if you haven't played for weeks. Yes you just 'spray and pray' but it's not like with cs that if you haven't played for months you just suck cause everyone steam rolls you. In TF2 you can play with your brain - sneak behind, camp or wait for people at tactical points; you can go rambo style and just jump from a ledge and get in the middle of a group and go mental; you can do all sorts of tactical thingies with medics and engineers .. It's not only skill, it's also thinking ahead and anticipating. In a fun and relaxing way & style - cartoon animations and voices still make me laugh :).

- Quake Live is crap for me, it doesn't seem to run properly on any of my pcs. It freezes, crashes, lags, etc etc etc. The skill level required for Quake Live is also higher, sometimes you have spawn campers that insta kill you (or almost insta kill). It's not relaxing as it is always the same, atleast for me it is.

- L4D2 and L4D : if you want to play a casual game with some friends and with a good laugh, get this game. I love it big time ... great fun, great classes to play as infected with their unique abilities. It's just great ! :)

And with ... for TF2 you don't really need 'aim' ... i wanted to say that you don't need to play it 24/7 or train on aim to not suck. :)

cog

Can't get enough of FH
If you are interested in TF2 its prolly gonna be on offer this weekend since the Engineer update is today. Its a cracking game and although you 'dont really need aim' its still a great benefit if you want to play the twitch classes. Or you can just sit in a corner nursing a sentry nest :p Theres something for everyone really, its a great 'casual' game (gnghhh) but it also has a great comp scene.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Well yeah but thats why i said theres something for everyone, theres a great range of pub servers from vanilla to insta respawn 32man, but you can get involved in the mix and pub side of life really easily too.

I personally love both sides of the game, although I dont have much time for comp play anymore unfortunately :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom