text to fit

L

L_Plates

Hello all

How do i make the site i have fit to all screen sizes automatic?

So if you minimize it you can still read without scrolling left to right.

Hope you can help me. I use DW4 btw if you need to know that

:)

J

Jonty

The most common way of making your site automatically resize your content is by specifying your widths as percentages. So, instead of using exact widths (such as width="123" or width:123px (CSS) etc) simply replace these with percetile values (such as width="100%" or width:100% (CSS) ).

Note that all percentages are relative to the viewport (i.e. the part of the browser window in which you see the content) and not the screen itself. Hence, when the browser window alters in size, your content will dynamically adjust.

I think that's just about it. But, of course, if you need any more help, just shout (there's no shame in asking :) ).

Kind Regards

L

L_Plates

and how do i go about doing that ?

*bangs head on desk* :(

I

Ivan.

change the widths of your tables.

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

for instance. can also change it on numerous other elements, <tr> and <td> for example.

P

PR.

In dreamweaver click on the border of a table to select the whole table, then in the proplerties window type 100 and if visible change the drop down from "pixels" to "percent" if there is no drop down box just put 100% instead

Hope that helps

L

L_Plates

properties.jpg

Is that were you mean. If so i have done that as yo can see and it hasnt fixed the problem or is it me being st00pid again :(

P

PR.

You sure?

It should mean that when you adjust the height and width of the IE window the tables should stay stuck round the edges

L

L_Plates

yup i tried the width and height also the cellspacing and i preview it and it wont do it.. Its now making me angry :)

P

PR.

You can't be doing it right try creating a new document with a new table...

I

Ivan.

are you sure you're changing the widths of the outer table? the very first one to appear on the page, as opposed to one that may be contained within that.

edit: just had a look at the source for your site. don't know if it's been updated since you've been playing with it, but going on that you also need to change the width of your first layer, or <div>s. it is on a fixed width, and all the tables within it are limited to that width, so you'll want to put that on 100% or whatever as well.

L

L_Plates

figured it tnx for the help guys it was the layer i needed to do.

Tnx again :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread