Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
Saw it a few days ago and just wonder what you others think about it.

It made me sick and I just wanted to leave the cinemas.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Hang on, which one? The remake or the original?

Personally I never liked either of them, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
What were you expecting, a romcom?

1) I don't know what a romcom is.

2) I have seen both the old version of the movie and mostly laughed at everything in them but this movie.. its just evil.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
ROMantic COMedy

What part of it? I was under the impression that scene's in the original were cut from the remake. Therefore if you liked/weren't emotionally scared from the first you wouldn't be with the second.

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
Doh_boy said:
ROMantic COMedy

What part of it? I was under the impression that scene's in the original were cut from the remake. Therefore if you liked/weren't emotionally scared from the first you wouldn't be with the second.

You get more scared from watching simpsons then from the 70s version of Chainsaw Massacre.

I don't want to explain what scared me/made me sick as I don't want to ruin the movie for others.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
User spoiler tags. :D

That's what they're there for.
There's a post stickied at the top of this forum explaining how to use them.

Cthulhu

Fledgling Freddie
I remember watching it in the early eighties. One of the original video nasties.
Scared the shit out of me. Not much blood & gore in it, but still creepy and disturbing.

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
Cthulhu said:
I remember watching it in the early eighties. One of the original video nasties.
Scared the shit out of me. Not much blood & gore in it, but still creepy and disturbing.

Yeah, it's always mystified me that a lot of people found the original completely unscary and actually funny. It shook me right up. It has a really dark atmosphere, good use of music. Generally, this type of creepy, hallucinatory film scares me more than anything. The one that got to me the most is the Ring (which is a 15!). What's odd is that a lot of people don't find it scary in the slightest.

I don't want to see the sequel because remakes generally don't appeal to me, but it seems the same people who thought the original was comical also think the remake is genuinely scary, so it might be worth a look.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I loved first chainsaw massacre, and I slightly liked the remake.

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
ReActor said:
Yeah, it's always mystified me that a lot of people found the original completely unscary and actually funny. It shook me right up. It has a really dark atmosphere, good use of music. Generally, this type of creepy, hallucinatory film scares me more than anything. The one that got to me the most is the Ring (which is a 15!). What's odd is that a lot of people don't find it scary in the slightest.

The Ring almost made me shit myself, looked away almost half the movie.

But there is a big differens betwen The Ring and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, in The Ring the girl is a demon that is just pure evil and nothing like that would ever happen. The people in TCM are real and all that has happend irl, that was what made me feel sick.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Otto said:
But there is a big differens betwen The Ring and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, in The Ring the girl is a demon that is just pure evil and nothing like that would ever happen. The people in TCM are real and all that has happend irl, that was what made me feel sick.

TCM is based very, very loosely on a bloke named Ed Gein.

Linkage: http://www.houseofhorrors.com/gein.htm

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I wasn't impressed by the original nor the remake although I did laugh a lot more at the original.

There's just something very funny about a fat guy running around with a chainsaw and then spazing out. :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
TCM (original) is one of the most dire films I sat myself through.

Everything was just plain awful. No atmosphere, no sense of fear, just utter dross.

Cthulhu

Fledgling Freddie
Well I was only 12 or thirteen at the time. Not seen it since. Maybe it's aged badly.
At the time though (over twenty years ago...God I'm showing my age!) it was a real shocker.

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
I watched this remake yesterday. What a stupid film. 1½ hour of screaming and running. Plain stupid movie really. And I find it hard to get scared from the Texas chainsaw massacre and similar movies, as I can't really relate to any of the mindless screaming/running/killing.
Dark Water was more thrilling then. But even that movie was pointless. I still haven't found out why it ended like it did.. :)

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
I think I must be one of the rare people who didn’t really think much of the original TCM, but I really enjoyed (or was disturbed by) the remake. Had a good atmosphere to it and was more than just a scream flick in my opinion.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
i loved the remake when i saw it some months ago

and still remember wanting to laugh at the couple sitting in front of me with the woman crying she wanted to leave the cinema lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom