Test Server - 1.2

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Hey all,

As you may have noticed we opened the European 1.2 Test Server this morning. Here's a quick update on how its been going so far:

At 11:04 CET this morning we opened it up (4 minutes behind schedule already!). It was great to see that it got busy very fast. Most people seemed to be interested in the changes to the crafting system and although it's all still very likely to change before 1.2 goes live we're collecting valuable feedback on it.

Other things that were popular are the new /sit /lie and other new emotes, but this was probably more due to the fact that there is currently no way to get up again after doing them, they're also still possible while mounted. Hilarity ensued. Hey it's called a TEST server for a reason ;)

Just like Mythic we are experiencing some stability issues, the server was down for roughly 20 minutes this afternoon and Mythic is working on making the server software more stable.

There is also a slight delay when copying characters over. It is important to note that this can sometimes stop your account from being able to log in, both on the Test Server as well as on the live servers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on a fix for this.

Probably the most heard question has been "hey where is my Slayer and/or Choppa?" As we announced we want to focus on testing the many other changes to the game that 1.2 introduces before opening the new careers up to the public. Mythic is currently testing the new careers on a smaller, more focused basis. Note that the Bitter Rivals event has been turned off for now as well.

Weve been stalking, I mean observing (for test purposes obviously) some of you already and look forward to reading your feedback. Keep in mind that the version is still in test and that Mythic still has weeks of work ahead of them before it goes live. Now is the time to tell us what you think about the changes in 1.2!

Check the 1.2 Test Notes right here. Cya in game!

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
The server seems to be a tad unstable, currently can't long in past the zone loading screen.

[edit] Yay, crashed, the server seems to have reset my 40 Black Orc to lvl 1, this is getting interesting. :eek7:

Oh well it's a test server for a reason.

NicGOA

Aye we're aware of that issue and Mythic is working on a fix.

As I said guys, it's a test version and the stability will improve lots of the days to come.

Thanks for testing!

Nate

FH is my second home
I really hope the change for a lot of the crafting materials to turn in to Chaos Black Dye is made different, sure it's nice that theres a rare dye that you can get now but:

a) It's not really the reason I collected all those ingredients. Seems a bit lazy of the Devs to do that and not replace them with similar crafting materials like they have done with others.
b) It will make people start farming ingredients like mad so they can get hold of this dye, if it is to be fixed it needs to be told very soon before people get dissapointed.
c) It's supposed to be a rare dye!!!!

Combat seems a bit smoother, but it always does on the Test Server. Theres a lag on the live servers that isn't present here. Makes the game a lot more fun and responsive, wonder why it isn't like that on the live ones :(

I have a Slayer :D But I can't log it in :( Whats he doing wearing a dress?!?

Attachments

• screenshot_000.jpg
    screenshot_000.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 70

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
The server seems to be a tad unstable, currently can't long in past the zone loading screen.

[edit] Yay, crashed, the server seems to have reset my 40 Black Orc to lvl 1, this is getting interesting. :eek7:

Oh well it's a test server for a reason.

with the same eq and RR as before? ^^ then talk about kicking ass in the ch 1 PQ ^^

NicGOA

He's also holding a hammer. He's a hammerslayer!

Don't worry the Slayers I have seen on the test server are properly naked!

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
with the same eq and RR as before? ^^ then talk about kicking ass in the ch 1 PQ ^^

A rr 52 lvl 1 BO...hmm.

I'm guessing it's just a server glitch since I can't long in on the character, I'll give it a while and if the problem continues I'll just delete the server copy and transfer over a new copy over.

There are quite a few changes not listed in the patch notes, so when you get the chance take a good look at descriptions on your skills, morals and tactics ect.

Lots of typos, the Black Orc taunt now increases damage done be 3% :twak:

NicGOA

Bad news.

Due to several stability issues Mythic have decided to halt large scale testing until the version is more stable.

The Test Server will be taken off-line pending a fix. We hope to bring it back online tomorrow right after Mythic send us the fix!

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Bad news.

Due to several stability issues Mythic have decided to halt large scale testing until the version is more stable.

The Test Server will be taken off-line pending a fix. We hope to bring it back online tomorrow right after Mythic send us the fix!

a fix? rm -r * or what? ^^

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Is that some kind of eldritch algebra equation? :D

eeeehhh... hrum.... yeah something like that.... Get yourself a linux machine and install WAR on it then use that command as root and you get a free goblin as footstand ingame... belive me it's true! :flame:

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to get on the test server at around 17:30 uk time today, and it seems they decided to take the test server down while my character "heracles" from Azgal was in progress as being copied, its been like this since then and i cannot log into either live or test server, had all tonight planned as pure warhammer too, totally pissed off :(

not had any reply from the 2 forms ive filled in from the poxy goa site and no reply from magus on the alliance forums

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I tried to get on the test server at around 17:30 uk time today, and it seems they decided to take the test server down while my character "heracles" from Azgal was in progress as being copied, its been like this since then and i cannot log into either live or test server, had all tonight planned as pure warhammer too, totally pissed off :(

not had any reply from the 2 forms ive filled in from the poxy goa site and no reply from magus on the alliance forums

That sucks big time -.-

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
He's also holding a hammer. He's a hammerslayer!

Don't worry the Slayers I have seen on the test server are properly naked!

I have visions of Nic closely inspecting all Slayers on the test server. :worthy:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Haha someone in our guild said "I can't wait to play a short, fat, ginger dwarf".

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
That sucks big time -.-

yeh man, im STILL locked out, i get a server list screen and a short msg saying i have been disconnected, and a truncated msg under the handshaking messages about already being logged in, really getting annoying, coming up to 24hours now

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
this is getting silly,the goa site is still fucked up, poxy flash site?!?! cant even lodge another help ticket or log in and see if my character is still "in progress" of copying to the test server which seems to have fucked up my account totally, as usual the useless goa have done nothing for 24 hours, i cant even cancel my subs lol!

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
i assume there are no helpline phone numbers to goa. that wouod be for proper companys :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
i assume there are no helpline phone numbers to goa. that wouod be for proper companys :)

No phone afaik ^^ best bet for you is pm Magnus, he might check for ya, also yday there were the infamous Network Upgrade so might be the problem for the site.

NicGOA

It's back up again.

To promote the testing for the new careers we have turned off the character copy function (and wiped the database) for time being.

Scenario's are hilarious, cya in game!

NicGOA

Aye, we're working on bringing it back up.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It's back up again.

To promote the testing for the new careers we have turned off the character copy function (and wiped the database) for time being.

Scenario's are hilarious, cya in game!

Isn't it possible to revert it? Tbh i don't give a fuss atm of new classes and want to try out changes on my main -.-
Or is it a nice hint to us that actually Mythic doesn't give a shit about all the feedback coming from Europe?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Aye, I was going to say that I thought they would wait longer before adding the new classes onto the PTS. Has there been any upgraded patch notes or changes to those originally outlined? Or even acknowledgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom