Test Notes 1.75B

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Test Notes 1.75B

I like these.. alot , especially the tower razing and ML changes .. increased runspeed is cool also, as is finally a group power crack spell for menta and sorc .

Discuss .... :D

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Since Dark Age of Camelot's launch, we have heard continuous feedback from our community about the movement speed in our game. The concerns over how slow our movement is has continued to grow as we have added more and more areas in which to travel. Because we believe these concerns are valid, we have decided to make a long requested change to the game, enhancing the movement speed of all players who are out of combat. This new run state allows the player to move faster than normal run speed, provided that the player is not in any form of combat. Along with this change, we have slightly increased the speed of all secondary speed buffs (see below for details). Both of these changes are noticeable but will not impinge upon the supremacy of the primary speed buffs available to the Bard, Skald and Minstrel.

nice :),

Artifact scrolls in Stygia have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Setians and Mau now have a chance to drop any page of the Stygia scrolls

about bloody time lol

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The scroll changes are a dualsided blade, though. It will be harder to farm for a specific scroll if you don't know what mob will drop it. On the other hand, more farming will also enter more scrolls into the game - we'll have to see if it actually works that way in realms that don't have a healthy PvE population. :)

Nice too see they are finally updating classes.

Gamah

Banned
I hope they dont increase the run speeds in RvR, if they do though I hope they increase the value of mach 5 to compensate.

Tower razing seems like a nice idea...will make standing looking at the enemy a thing of the past.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
the problem with tower rezing is that you can no longer use them as a strategic starting point for a keep raid, as the keep defenders will now be able to just pound the tower until its dead, thus giving no protection for the trebs setup behind the tower

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
I hope they dont increase the run speeds in RvR, if they do though I hope they increase the value of mach 5 to compensate.

"Both of these changes are noticeable but will not impinge upon the supremacy of the primary speed buffs available to the Bard, Skald and Minstrel."

Read that..?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like good changes, although the towerrazing will make it impossible for a smaller force to hold out against a larger - previously half the number of defenders could easily repell the attackers, which is pretty realistic, now all the attackers have to do is take the time to completely destroy the tower, something they usually do anyway, then zerg the defenders.

Might be good though, not sure. Will force the defenders to a more active role as well since they somehow have to break the siege before the tower is destroyed, or escape before that happens. I expect to see a lot more desperate last charges ^^ (and i love to charge so thats a good thing).

Speed bonus in noncombat pve seems like a good change. I guess its the easy way out of not having to implement mounts, but what the heck.

More style fixes (offparry and offblock becomes offevade for asassins etc) is good.

Not having to do ML X.1 to X.9 to do X.10 is great. As is more increased droprates for scrolls.

Overall, feels like Mythic is starting to listen to their customers more. They have certainly had a string of good patches lately. Lets hope they keep it up (although if they really listened they would make DAoC2) :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
yes the ML bit is fantastic - means people can go on raids and get the BG components done without having to do the presteps first

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I agree - the ML bit is top banana.

Worried about the pve run speed though - the mobs get it increased too - so if you're in combat with a mob, its all going Pete Tong, you turn and run (sprinting to get out of combat range). The mob chases, at your speed like today (ie. the new "out of combat" speed). But as you pass another aggro point - more mobs chase you - but they won't be "in combat" (until they hit) so surely they will run at increased out-of-combat-speed? Sounds like mass gankage to me!

Still guess they'll test it before implementing it. Personally I don't think there's a problem with speed - how often are you running log distances anyway? ToA has the Djinnis, Horses are all over SI and vanilla lands - and RVR isn't being affected by the run speed (yet).

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
The patch also has some very minor Wizard love in it as well....

/faints

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
wizzi and love in a sentance without the word please o0

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
why would you need love when you can 2 bolt every caster class

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, if I catch you with your buffs down i'll bolt you in 1 :D

Maybe you should start a nerf wizards campaign...... :eek2:

Users who are viewing this thread