Tescos alerts?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Apparently 11 ish tesco stores have been closed as a "precautionary measure" by the police.

Just heard it on the news 5 seconds or so ago, anyone else seen/heard/know anything more?

They said stores in hertfordshire, suffolk and leicestershire have been closed, plus some in scottland and wales.

You immediately suspect terrorists when you hear this sort of thing :mad:

Fucking bastards! let me at em!! :twak::twak::twak:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Not much about it, found a bit on the BBC: BBC NEWS | UK | Tesco stores shut in safety alert

They said something about "working with the police following a series of incidents", but didnt say anything specific - makes you think something actually happened though.

Its just coming on again now....sec!

Hmm... Sounds like bomb scares but still nothing much said - the police aint saying anything, I would assume that this just means that they're busy doing something about it.

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
A worker at a nearby shop said police had told him the store had been shut after receiving a bomb threat, along with several other supermarkets across the country.

Possible that packages have been discovered? :(.

Chilly

Balls of steel
theyl be rubbish then....

the article said about "threats" so probably bomb threats else they wouldnt have shut it down.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm wondering if they had some sort of intel before hand and caught them in the act tbh - there was talk of helicopters hovering about and police blockading the entrances to the store.

Strikes me that if it was just a bomb scare they wouldnt have gone to such lengths for it - for example they found a hand grenade in the local recycling center last week, they didnt have any helicopters around or entrances being sealed - just a basic exclusion zone with a single bomb disposal team.

No doubt we'll be seeing something about it in the news later in the week, was worried at one point earlier that we'd see explosions though tbh, glad that hasnt happened!

G

i think its the other supermarket chaihns after the tesco price check adverts on tv.

anyway

every little helps...........

Gray

FH is my second home
i think its the other supermarket chaihns after the tesco price check adverts on tv.

anyway

every little helps...........

Hah i was just gonna say that, i remember mentioning it last night to one of my mates about them just bitchslapping the competition ;o

Chilly

Balls of steel
We could do with less Tesco stores tbh

nah, but tesco could do with not shafting farmers so that can get another billion onto the bonus scheme for the year. Tesco make a sickening amount of wonga, yet they piss all over UK producers of bulk, low cost items such as eggs, milk and caviare.

and if they sourced more stuff locally theyd certainly be cutting the food miles to yer belly and helping us all out.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
nah, but tesco could do with not shafting farmers so that can get another billion onto the bonus scheme for the year. Tesco make a sickening amount of wonga, yet they piss all over UK producers of bulk, low cost items such as eggs, milk and caviare.

and if they sourced more stuff locally theyd certainly be cutting the food miles to yer belly and helping us all out.

Thats Why I don't shop at Tesco...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Must be pretty crappy shops...they obviously don't stock very much if you need to go to all 5.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
get most of my shopping on tesco online, get about £20 off every £100 using a certain website :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Tesco sell a lot of crap and Jamie Oliver is dyslexic so I steer clear of Sainsbury's. It'd be like funding terrorism.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Must be pretty crappy shops...they obviously don't stock very much if you need to go to all 5.

No its about getting things I like from each individual store. The cooked chickens are far superior at Asda :p So tell me what is the name of the store you visit which supplies everything you need?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sainsburys has everything I need...It has a great deli and butchers as well

Kryten

Old Cow.
Not really too fussed where my food comes from as long as its safe and I'm not going to be blown up in the process.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well they are hardly local butcher friendly are they :p

Yes the staff there are quite friendly...and they give me exactly what I have asked for. I don't need much more than that.

Also I cook my own chicken cos I'm not a lazy bastd :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
"over £1 in every £7 of UK retail sales is spent at Tesco"

Not sure I believe that, what about all the clothes shops combined revenue, and dixons, curries and that lot? Not to mention asda, sainsburies etc.

1/7th of ALL retail spending is a vast amount of money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom