TV Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Awesome little movie, just released in HD :D

Stays pretty true to the Discworld book :) , well worth a watch

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Is that the one with David Jason playing Rincewind?

I've got mixed emotions about them making tv/film adaptions of his books because I had a distinct vision of what I thought all the characters look like, and seeing them on screen is just one persons opinion. Idk though, I loved LOTR movie, but as a movie seperate from the book. Is it for big fans of the series only or suited to a more wider audience?

Massive fan of all of his Discworld books.

If they were to make a film though, I'd love for them to do Night Watch.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's for everyone, they made it really well. I only read two discworld novels, not that into it, but this was very well made and funny.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I thought it was quite bad to be honest :(
Hogsfather on the other hand - brilliant :)

The colour of magic and the light fantastic isnt two very good novels to be made into films, they are more a collection of funny shortstories then a long tale... bring on Reaperman, interesting times or Guards! Guards! and we have some aswome stories to tell :worthy:

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I'd look forward to Monstrous Regiment - I loved that novel =)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
yeah i think so,
its been re-released on Bluray (along with Merlin :D, the other bbc xmas special which was very well done)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Wheres the movie about any of the sam vimes novels to be honest?!!?!? best character in teh series by a county mile!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Wheres the movie about any of the sam vimes novels to be honest?!!?!? best character in teh series by a county mile!

Afraid not, this movie is based on the rincewind series rather than the Watch novels (carrot ftw!)

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I was pretty disappointed with this one. I thought the hogfather was amazing but this one fell flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom