Help Terrible Insomnia

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Knackered.

Thats the only word to describe how I feel after sleeping 4 hours in the last 72hrs.

I just dont know whats going on, suddenly the other day I woke up at 4am in the morning, gods know why, after going to bed at 1am. The following day, even despite being super tired and after playing a footy game, I couldnt sleep a single hour. And finaly, last nite, when I thought it couldnt be worse, i barely managed to sleep 1hr.

Im feeling so shitty as Im writing this, that sometimes I feel like if I was drunk or high, all dizzy and anoyed. Not to mention my mood right now at work.

Cantthink of a reason. Im not passing a tough time at work, dont have any personal problems lately, still doing the same every day stuff I used to do 2 weeks ago... Dunno, could it be videogaming???

Thus, I appeal to the oh! mighty wisdom of the FH ascendants!! Gimme a solution besides taking sleeping pills (dont rly want to become adicted to them, as Ive tried muscular relaxing pills several times and the risk is there)

:(

Laddey

FH is my second home
Sleeping tabs could maybe work? Try speaking to your doctor although i'm not a great fan of tamazis and shit they prescribe.

It may not be your thing, infact i highy doubt it is, but you could try chonging on a spliff? May not be do able but it was worth the suggestion.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i suffer from this too, have done for a couple of years now, stop doing anything in bed other than sleeping, no watching TV etc, set a time to get up no matter how tired you are you still get up. It will right your body clock.

i also found playing COD too late stopped me from unwinding properly before bed

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't think about it and go straight to bed when you get the yawns.

If you lie there "I hope i sleep now!" at certain time, when not even tired, you'll just get pissed off and even more f*cked up.

Head, pillow, shut up and sleep :D

Fast

Part of the furniture
I cured my insomnia habit by, cutting out caffeine completely and also very little sugar in my diet.

Video games can contribute imo, the ammount of times i used to go to bed and i would be running around quake maps in my head for an hour before i could sleep. Also spent a few hours awake thinking about daoc templates and items lol.

If i can't sleep now its a book and firm stance on the mind set of telling myself i don't give a shit about not being able to sleep, and if i need the day off tomorrow because of it so be it, kinda tricks my brain to sleep.

I've not had insomnia issues for 3years or so now. :D

Marc

FH is my second home
Im the opposite, I can fall asleep anytime I want. If I wanted to I could fall asleep right now. Its not that im tired all the time, far from it, I have just mastered the art of falling asleep. Its mint when our lass is boring me. I just fall asleep.

As for your problem Vasc, do you work out a lot? This is a classic cause of insomnia. Any heavy physical activity in the evening can make it uber hard to sleep.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
As for your problem Vasc, do you work out a lot? This is a classic cause of insomnia. Any heavy physical activity in the evening can make it uber hard to sleep.

Hmmm I recently resumed to work out after 4 years of impasse due to my hernia..... and yes, usualy Monday, Wednesday and Friday's evenings unless I have footy....

But does it mean I should stop working out or wil my body get used to it after some weeks and recover my original sleep routine?? :(

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
have you recently given up smoking?

Never smoked (1 ciggy when I was 16 to try it).

On a side note, tonite I went to bed at 00:00. No cafeine during the whole day, went to the gym way earlier in the afternoon, and didnt hit the bed right after videogaming, instead, I stopped at 22:00, watched last Heroes episode and had super.

Well, I felt asleep pretty soon after hitting the pillow, but once again, I woke up in the middle of the nite. Didnt watch the alarmclock, but by the sound of the street it could be 3am or so. With a tremendous effort and willforce I managed to stay at bed veeeeeeery still, making my mind go blank, and at the end I felt asleep again. I might have slept almost 7hrs!!!!!. First morning in 10 days that the alarmclock wakes me up!! Never in my life I thought I would say this :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I feel your pain, my last bout was 6 months ago and it took me nearly a month to get my energy levels right afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom