Terrible frame rate in crowds. (Need PC advice)

Urgat

Part of the furniture
OK,

So i can PVE fairly well, i can run around PVE zones normally with just a little "stuttering" now and again when loading new areas.

But,

The larger public quests and especially big RvR make it almost unplayable.

All settings set to lowest, all drivers up to date etc.

Basic system sepcs...

Athlon AMD 64 3500+ (2.2Ghz)
Nvidia Geforce 7600GT (256mb)
2gb Ram

In situations where there are more than a handfull of people around the frame rate drops to unplayable levels.

My qustion is will upgrading the GFX card help? or is my procecor too old to take advantage of a newer card?

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Upgrading your graphics card will most definitely help, but you should also look at getting a new CPU and more ram. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay, however you can most likely get this stuff for a decent price:

CPU: intel E8500.
motherboard: Asus P5N-D.
Graphics card: Nvidia 9800GTX or ATI 4850.
4gb ram.
some PSU, atleast 550W.

Chunderpants

Fledgling Freddie
Well tbh you could do with a bit of both really.

Im running an Intel Q6600 Quad core duo 2.4Ghz, 2Gb Geil Ram and a GE8800GTS.

My son is running an E3200 I think, 2Gb Ram and a GE7800 (or maybe a 7600)

We're both on BT 2Gb unlimited broadband. I run the game and I still get a little lag here and there (on max settings). He's running it on minimum settings and its virtually unplayable a lot of the time imho because of the old slideshow bob effect.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I' running a AMD 64 X2 5200 (clocked at 3.1Ghz) 4GB of ram and a Geforce 8800GT 256MB and the game runs perfectly on max detail havnt hit any slow down yet.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Try a new gfx card, the ATI 4850 is an excellent bang vs buck card, and if that doesnt cure it then look at a new CPU. The Intel q6600 quad cores are fab.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
One of the things that eliminated a lot of graphics-related lag for me in PvP was to turn down the spell effect settings. I'm still tweaking it but it made a large difference having them only on myself or group.

I've got an ok system but I'm running at minimum settings as I'd rather have performance than eye candy.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Currently there is a huge problem with frame lag regardless how good or bad your pc is. Apparently something is wrong with the game that needs to get fixed asap. If you google frame lag on warhammer you ll find tons of posts on different forums about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom