Film Terminator

georgie

FH is my second home
Just before I went to see it I caught a bit of the Honest Trailers guys all agreeing that it was a baaaadd film so that lowered my expectations even further than they were after seeing the trailer (did not like).

Ended up really enjoying it. One chase sequence too many for me and you have to be willing to just go with the, frankly, silly explanations for the various time fudges. Also Jai Courtney who played Reese could have been played by (insert any other beef caker here) and I really wouldn't have noticed. On the plus side, Arnie at his best since his return to film for me and the two Clarkes (Emilia and Jason) were decent. I was seriously unimpressed by what I saw in the trailer of Sarah Connor but turned out to be alright.

Better than Rise of the Machines and Salvation but not as good as the first two, but at least it felt like a Terminator film to me. I'd be happy to see them make another one to see where they go with it. There's an after credits scene too btw, which I didn't know about so saw it on Youtube later on.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I find Mark Kermode's reviews to be pretty in line with my opinions, so after listening to his review of this film, which is that the first twenty minutes = plot, the rest = explosions, I think I'll give it a miss.

Oh and Terminator films should be 18 certificate. Bollocks to children, they can wait.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I'm sick of him saying I'll be back and I'm sick of hearing come with me if you want to live. regardless of who fucking says it!

They need to come up with a version that has a proper story Arc in order to give us 2-3 movies with a reasonable chance of an ending at the end of the third. Surely there is a writer/director out there with the vision to carry it out?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Easy really even if you wing it. Something like; Kill off sarah connor, new resistance leader, same mess, need to send a termywermy to kill off that guys parents as well.

"Reboot" that isn't really one, but clears out all of the old stuff in way of new. Call it an alternate timeline or some such that isn't really connected to sarah connors story at all and fans have nothing to whine about either.

Or spin it off and send a human to kill off dyson to win the war and a terminator to protect him. Role reversal.

And that's just what a random finnish wanker on a forum can come up with in 3 minutes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The original Terminator would get a 12 if released today.

georgie

FH is my second home
Yay, I found someone who shares my view of the film! (y)

Just the one, mind you. ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
I went to see this last Friday after a night on the pop. Even alcohol couldn't save this film.

I can honestly say it's the worst thing I've ever seen with my eyes. And heard with my ears.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I went to see this last Friday after a night on the pop. Even alcohol couldn't save this film.

I can honestly say it's the worst thing I've ever seen with my eyes. And heard with my ears.

Haven't seen terminator 4? o_O

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Watched it last night. I thought it was OK to be honest. I enjoyed the Terminator mash-up in the first hour and Arnie was quite good. Not the best ending, a bit generic, but I've seen a lot worse films.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched it last night. I thought it was OK to be honest. I enjoyed the Terminator mash-up in the first hour and Arnie was quite good. Not the best ending, a bit generic, but I've seen a lot worse films.
Yeah. But not really memorable either.

Needed a proper director, like Cameron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom