Tera

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Dukat, May 28, 2013.

1. Dukat

Dukat Resident Freddy

Can't seem to find a thread on this from after 2011?

Just had a go - loving the combat mechanics of this game! I like how it has combined skill and mmorpg stats. Playing this makes me wonder why we don't see more of the same sort of thing - mouselook/crosshair/collision based hit detection. In an MMO. Perfect.

Anyone else playing/played it ?

2. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

played it for beta was ok but nothing to keep me playing after live tbh

3. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

I really enjoyed the combat, but not enough stuff to do apart from that.

Every mmo should copy the combat though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hawkwind

Hawkwind FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Actually downloaded this an played at the weekend. Fun combat system, good for something to do whilst waiting for CU and content updates for Neverwinter :)

5. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Combat system was great in Tera, surprised more mmos haven't tried it tbh.

6. Hawkwind

I was looking at the shop for Tera last night. Getting the feeling that mild titillation is the theme. French Maid uniforms for female chars, lol.

The combat system is decent but not that challenging whilst leveling up. I actually went from 10-23 without visiting a trainer. Now my skills have been updated I'm finding the Warrior godlike. kills trash in 1-2 hits. Hoping the dungeons are fun, will try first one tonight.

7. BloodOmen

Yea, doesn't really start to slow down in TERA until 25+ tbh, you start to notice the XP leaps when leveling up then, gets really slow at 40+ but nothing impossible.

8. Hawkwind

So started playing Tera again for some shits and giggles. So fast to level up now. Just Dungeon queue and a few main story quests. Started a Valkyrie on Friday, lvl 59 by Sat after 4-5 hours. Max lvl now 65. Even at 59 a dungeon literally gives you 75% of a lvl and takes 10-15 mins

9. BloodOmen

I haven't played it for awhile, it was pretty fast to level last time too though.