Sport Tennis

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I was actually making reference to the fact that the minute Murray gets knocked out of Wimbledon each year he ceases to become a 'British Championship Hope' and magically transfers to a 'Scottish failure' in most newspapers....

Internet sarcasm fails miserably once more it seem.

.. and stop the clock!

Well done, you win Big G's prize of "how long before someone makes a reference to Andy Murray and Scotland in an ignorant, fucktarded fashion".

He plays tennis for Britain (since tennis isn't played at a Scotland / England level); this "Scottish Failure" shite you've posted about is such an urban myth.

old.user4556

The Sun? Any more examples of this other than one toilet tabloid (who always love a good stir with England / Scotland)?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
But he's right G, when Murray fails he's referred to widely as Scottish, when he's winning he's "British". It's our retarded press.

Well done for totally missing the point of Syd's post btw :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
But he's right G, when Murray fails he's referred to widely as Scottish, when he's winning he's "British". It's our retarded press.

The point is using that to refer to probably the best tennis player ever to grace the game is totally out of whack. If Federer had a penchant for bottling it at the big finals and underachieving, it would hold some ground. But as it stands it's just a stupid thing to say unless you're saying it about Murray himself. Murray simply cannot be compared to Federer in any way, not even in a "haha he failed" way.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Murrays problem is that hes playing tennis at a time when the level of the other players is superb. I still fancy the lad to win a handful of grand slams, and I hope Wimbledon is included, despite it not being his best surface.

I support the lad cause he's Scottish, and constantly get shit for my support of him, but I care not. The lad is the best returner of serve on the tour, he just needs a bit of luck to get him the first win!

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Murrey has alrdy earnt between 2-3 million so far this year so he cant be that bad :) Good luck to him...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sigh. I get it, but "it" has been used in a totally farcical way, rendering it essentially meaningless.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well you don't get it then do you? The whole point was that he was using it in a farcical way, since it was a joke.

Jesus you are having issues today Wazz. First transformers, now this.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
He's a grumpy bastard but I'm hoping he wins - might cheer him up

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I think the problem you have Ch3t is that you actually seem to think it was funny. ;)

old.user4556

Baaaaaaaaah, I call nonsense - give me more evidence than The Sun :p.

Marc

FH is my second home
Id rather circumscise myself with a rusty breadknife than watch tennis

Lethul

FH is my second home
Neither of them got shit on Caroline

True dat!

caroline_4d6694f1da3c2857867257.jpg

old.user4556

Nadal outclassed Murray there, but I always feel Murray comes across as giving up a little.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I feel for Murray, was a good game, great tennis at times but Nadal was just a class above Murray today.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye. Nadal had Murray running all over the court. Nadal made Murray look clumsy today. Shame - would like to have seen Murray reach the final, but the better player won.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Predictably, Murray is down to being 60% british now.

Danita

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
He seemed to just fall apart once he missed the sitter in the 2nd set that would have put him 3-1 up. Nadal won something like 10 games in a row after that.

Nadal is just a machine though, never let the pressure off as soon as he got a scent of a comeback.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Absolutely cracking final between Nadal and Djokovic!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm amazed by how top tennis players can find another gear when a games going against them and turn it around.

It's so hard to dig yourself out of that rut (from my experience as an ex sunday league footballer anyway :) ) that it always impresses me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom