Tempted to come back

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'm tempted to return to DAOC and play casually - just a few hours a week. I miss my EU chars most but don't really want to run two accounts at once, I always hated doing this but it was previously the norm and the only way to compete. Is this still the case on Pryd/Excal?

The other option is US classic although I know if I went there I'd end up leveling up a hunter or something equally daft instead of playing my WL or Skald.

I'd be seriously tempted by EU if I knew what was happening with the cluster, I've been checking the DAOC EU site regularly and population really is low :mad:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I reckon the trick is to either have friends who have buffers, or to pick a class that can either self buff, or has bases and can get the others from charges. There are lots of classes that can pve fine without buffs, and if you're grouping, I find it rare to see more than 3-4 people in it with their own buffbots, and they can easily buff the others.

Population is low, but depends what you are after. Makes it much easier to hit big encounters in the Labyrinth with less chance of interruption, for example. I'd prefer it to improve. I've found things much friendlier in game since the big exodus to other places earlier in the year, I guess people realise that it's be nice to lose more.

Darzil

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I'm tempted to return to DAOC and play casually - just a few hours a week. I miss my EU chars most but don't really want to run two accounts at once, I always hated doing this but it was previously the norm and the only way to compete. Is this still the case on Pryd/Excal?

The other option is US classic although I know if I went there I'd end up leveling up a hunter or something equally daft instead of playing my WL or Skald.

I'd be seriously tempted by EU if I knew what was happening with the cluster, I've been checking the DAOC EU site regularly and population really is low :mad:

Come to the US with me, we can have a strlong skald duo :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't played my EU chars for almost a year, I did have a 50 cabbie, scout, ranger, chanter, animist, necro, minstel, hero, theurgist. I actually remember grouping for ML5 with you Darzil!

Thad - I would mate but Rigante looks dead, what the hell happened?! I remember getting a 3month offer from DAOC EU so perhaps I can make use of it and see how it goes and still activate my US account until I can make my mind up.

Argh! Really wish I knew what they were doing with the cluster :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Think I recall that too, and maybe even offering you a place in the guild, back when I was in charge of it !

Got a new guild now, where I'm just a member, but it's pretty much the same people, and as active as it ever was. Managed a guild summoner raid a few days back, so we're still capable of doing stuff. If you want to come back and join us and see if you like it, I'm sure you'd be welcomed.

Darzil

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Thad - I would mate but Rigante looks dead, what the hell happened?!
I miss Rigante, got one of the old crew in SH on Kay now, but he said Neatha and the others went US somewhere and are still there, would be nice to say hi if I knew where they went...

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
i thought rigante went hib bossiney cluster on the US servers?

was looking forward to running into their guild grp but my play hours have dropped dramatically now.

Maoix 50 sorc gareth.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I miss Rigante, got one of the old crew in SH on Kay now, but he said Neatha and the others went US somewhere and are still there, would be nice to say hi if I knew where they went...

Rigante went to Gareth cluster, levelled to 50 and got bored I guess. They had a setgroup over there to start, then they were followed by ex rigante guildmembers(like me!) and opened its doors to EU players. The setgroup didnt work out as two or three had problems so the origional 8left to play WoW again. I stayed in Rigante for a few weeks then moved my toons to Red Shadows/LoCo. Kinda annoying when there isnt much point just looking for pugs constantly as a druid. And the bad thing is, i never seem to find them! Been 3 weeks since I was last in a semi decent pug. Tempted to go play Mid or alb for a change

Kami

Can't get enough of FH

Jeez never thought I'd see the day when Whoodoo would leave Excal! You might see me pestering you for an invite if I get over to Kay. See you still play midgard though, come on mate surely it's time for another realm :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Jeez never thought I'd see the day when Whoodoo would leave Excal! You might see me pestering you for an invite if I get over to Kay. See you still play midgard though, come on mate surely it's time for another realm :p
Aye m8, my days defending excal are over Im sad to say, I gave it my best to keep things going, but after RD split, then SH all jumped on a jumbo to the land of burgers and fries, I still wanted to play and so didnt have much choice.

Ya welcome on kay old bean, be good to have ya aboard again, /who sarumans for an invite anytime.

I did try hib, nice grass, but it lost its appeal quickly, I do like alb, but home is where the heart is, guess ill always be a viking! Who knows, maybe one day I might make it back to Arthurs lands, but at present mid roxors!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
hmm wonder if I can /level on kay if I ding my Warlock 50 on gareth/classic :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Rigante went to Gareth cluster, levelled to 50 and got bored I guess. They had a setgroup over there to start, then they were followed by ex rigante guildmembers(like me!) and opened its doors to EU players. The setgroup didnt work out as two or three had problems so the origional 8left to play WoW again. I stayed in Rigante for a few weeks then moved my toons to Red Shadows/LoCo. Kinda annoying when there isnt much point just looking for pugs constantly as a druid. And the bad thing is, i never seem to find them! Been 3 weeks since I was last in a semi decent pug. Tempted to go play Mid or alb for a change

heh same with shammy.. i just duo'd with a valk m8, however he quit a month back so that ended and so did my US subs

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Well much against the "run of play" I've decided to go back to the EU servers for a wee while. I'll not be playing a lot anyway and it'd be nice to see if my mates stripped my characters or not when I left :)

Who cares, I've got a necro and an animist!

Darzil I'll pester you in game at some point in the coming week :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
lol account was cancelled over a year ago and both houses still standing..

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
No the best of welcomes.. chap asks me for money, explain I'm just back and literally only have 4g on that particular character and get told I'm a tight b*****d!

granted I could have offered him the 4g but he was level 33!

*sigh* So Whoodoo.. Kay you say? :p

echome

Fledgling Freddie
No the best of welcomes.. chap asks me for money, explain I'm just back and literally only have 4g on that particular character and get told I'm a tight b*****d!

Sucky start indeed. The pop is rather low as been said earlier - sometimes for the better(easy to get artifact encounters etc.) but it also shows in the rvr zones.:(

If you need a bit of starting cash or help in any way on alb let me know.
I don't remember you but always nice with people coming back to give it another try.

Best of luck - EU or US.

P.s You can find me on EchoMe-p albion if needed.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH

You are a tight b*****d! hehe, aye Kay it is lad, Ill be on from about 5 tonight, come say hi old pal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom