Temple of Elemental Evil in GAME for a Fiver!

rynnor

Rockhound
Its a pretty cool game and for some reason its on display at £20 but the scanner shows it as a fiver - enjoy!

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Played the demo and it was a bit of a yawn-o-rama but I spose for £5 you can't go too wrong. Although it's not like you can take it back to the shop and get the time back that you spent on it. I feel like a prisoner being frog-marched along the short road into middle age.

Kurashima

Fledgling Freddie
I paid £13.99 from Play.Com for it, and i felt it was worth it. Hard to compare it to BG as it has an absoloute mass of bugs in it regarding the D&D rules system, but still a lot of fun to play.

Be SURE and download the patches before you try playing it though, as otherwise youll find some quests cant be finished.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm playing it unpatched so far - I havent had any problems with quests yet but it probably depends what alignment you play - I'm playing it as a goodie goodie Lawfull Good party so far.

It has a few bugs but the main gripe is how easy it is - my party are already 7th and I'm only starting on the 2nd level of the temple - I have yet to be seriously challenged by any encounter - I just wander into the temple and kill everyone - no strategy required :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
It has the best combat system for a D&D game i've ever played.

If Baldur's Gate series has the combat system of ToEE, all things would be great :D

Uriel

Fledgling Freddie
I liked it a lot but I managed to complete it, by accident, without actually exploring any of the temple or playing for very long at all. Which was a bit dissapointing to say the least.

If you're in a patching mood (and some of the bugs like the non-working quickslots or the infinite duration of 'silence' are pretty annoying) check out http://www.co8.org/style_dark/index.php?id=news for some fixes not covered by the patch from Atari/Troika.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The circle of 8 fix packs are great.

I remember they released one before the patch, was a life saver.

Scrote

Fledgling Freddie
I wish I could take it back to the shop i bought it from...this is an atrocious waste of time, and bored the pants of of myself and my friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom