Templated?

What counts as a template

• Only the best will do. You aren't templated unless you have the best gear available.

Votes: 72 31.0%
  • Meh, get what you can afford, make sure it works together and you're fine.

Votes: 140 60.3%
  • Whatever you're wearing counts as a template.

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I don't want to answer but am strangely attracted to pressing buttons.

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
half the fun of the game for me is doing your own templates.

thats true

but also fun in the game is watchin the template work competently in rvr

making a template is not about time or money, its about having a prey eye to other peoples templates, and immitating, stealing their ideas, in a good way ofcourse

however, what you come up with in the long run determines the amount of time and money you need to spend so that you are happy with the outcome
still, i wouldnt spend an arm and a leg for a single item, i would rather work around it or make a worse template for the time being, and grasp my chance when i get it to obtain that item or something with similar UV

farming items gets me bored, and i play this game for fun, if i wanted to get bored, i would watch tv

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Glacier said:
Dont underestimate the power of RoG's!

Some rog's are tons better in utility, and usability than any fixed items.

Went for option 1 btw.

Well yeah but i meant i won't rvr in stygia/oceanus armour ftw :p

Deld

Loyal Freddie
eggy said:
I don't consider a char to have a template until I've designed it carefully in an SC calc, included every toy I require and am completely happy with its make-up.

For example, my Heretic has an undesigned set of armour etc, capped a lot of important things, but has holes in it. I don't consider this a template; and I'm so pedantic that I wouldn't RVR with him in that template.

Then again, my BG reaver template has 384 hits instead of 400, and that will annoy the hell out of me.

I'm the same, I won't rvr on a char unless I've done an almost perfect SC template and got all items and leveled artis to 10. On my wizz I'm missing 5 dex cap, I have 21 instead of 26 because I need one more item, I rvr with wizz but it still annoys me, like a nervous thought that I could of finished off this or that if I could cast just a bit faster.

Meh, get what you can afford, make sure it works together and you're fine.

I try not to go too overboard, cause i can never afford it :D Most my templates have pretty decent caps etc, with only a few minor flaws, and i can live with that if it'll save me 100's of plats :<

Oh and agree with Roteca, once my chars are templated, and i don't have anymore to do, I'll make a final super duper template of rox :/

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
I RVR in my fathers Y Fronts, and i win every fight, its great.

:england:

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I dont consider my characters suited for rvr untill ive done the following:

1. Deciding on playstyle
2. Deciding what arties/charges/stats etc etc to fit the playstyle
3. Doing hundreds of retries in LOKI to find the best possible combination to fit my needs
4. Getting procs for sc'd armor
5. Getting all ml's
6. RvR'd enough to get to cl5
7. Realize that my first sc set was crap and playstyle doesnt fit the real RvR world and repeat step 1-4

After that i consider my char done equipment vise. I take great pride in preparing for war! I got all the time i need to get ready to face an enemy, so i feel kinda stupid if i could win a fight simply by being better prepared.

Thats why i feel disgusted by wow xD You NEVER get done.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Back when i was rvr active i would go with the best i could afford, making sure i capped main stats and important resists. I usually ended up with less than capped toa bonuses (except the easy ones) but figured a few percent wouldn't make a world of difference.

Lately though, it wouldn't matter since i either solo without a buffbot and die instantly anyway, or don't rvr at all. :(

Dralven

Fledgling Freddie
Took option 2 [Meh]

What I consider a template

1st: What I mainly look on a template is how much it allows me to deal in one hit, and how much my dps will be after 10 secs of non-stop hitting.

2nd: How much hp it gives me

3rd: It needs good resists for group rvr. That means my priority for resists for a class that aren't used in a group commonly, is on a lower basis.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
I don't consider a char to have a template until I've designed it carefully in an SC calc, included every toy I require and am completely happy with its make-up.

For example, my Heretic has an undesigned set of armour etc, capped a lot of important things, but has holes in it. I don't consider this a template; and I'm so pedantic that I wouldn't RVR with him in that template.

Then again, my BG reaver template has 384 hits instead of 400, and that will annoy the hell out of me.

Yes, but j00 are teh speshul playor and need a speshul spellcraftor.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
In my books, a template is something that you as a player are 100% happy with.

Mall

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
....need a speshul spellcraftor.

And you are the most speshul spellcraftor evor. We luv Andy! rah :bazbeer:

Yes yes I know, I want to change my template and am just creeping :fluffle:

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
well, a template in my view would involve using a spellcrafter at some point.

Personally I am very impatient when it comes to templates. my warlock for instance, is wearing full rogs (decent rogs mind), dire magic resists (although capped melee) but all offensive bonuses are capped. I think I'm probably one of the only rr10s on the server without a temp :p

Same with my runemaster. had a low budget temp i made when he was rr6 (didnt cap dark+ and missed out some artis) although now I just switched around a few items, kept the same sc and its still ok :)

However, when rvring on a tank its a lot different. A caster can compete with no template. A tank will find it a lot more difficult without a semi decent template.

I played my mercenary to rr7 using 4 99% pieces of sced chain and cheap items i had already. It was all i needed at the time to see if i like the class. Now i do I'm saving for a full MP suit with decent items I'm gradually collecting over raids etc :) which i find a lot more fun than spending weeks to get the ownage temp! before actually rvring.

So basically for me, I couldnt really care less about magic resists. Aslong as all offensive bonuses are capped and so are my melee resists. Then any magic resists are a bonus :).

option 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom