Tell me about Catacombs

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
How is it? laggy with the new looks etc?
is it worth buying?

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
new gfx sux cox .. atleast I dont like it :p If gonna activate, then only for rolling new class ..

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ignore the whingers, new graphics are nice :)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
I said I DONT LIKE IT .. I never said that NO1 LIKES IT .. and thats my oppinion .. u should zip urself and stop telling ppl to ignore me :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
it's awesome. GFX is fantastic, exping is fun, dungeons looks cool, mobs are funky, instanced dungeons makes pve a breeze ++ cata!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Eemma

From what you should be able to gather from forum posts most people think its a good expansion that focuses completely on making pve easier, and more rewarding. You can also buy items with dex caps and such from the df style merchants (they deal with wings is it?) That you acquire from completing or taking part in instances. Oh and of course you have a graphical upgrade, which some like and some don't, depends on taste. Personally i like it.

The new classes are insanely overpowered as with most expansions (think savage, bd, animist etc.) and get nerfed in coming patches (20% damage reductions to Warlocks in 1.75) however are still very powerful classes. Alb it seems got the short stick with the crappy reaver/paladin mixed class (Heretic) which essentially is crap by comparison.

hope this helps.

Eliminate

Fledgling Freddie
Heretic not as retarded as most think, they very good interupt class with a bolt type spell hitting you ever 0.5 seconds. imo.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
best expansion so far

1) much easier exping
2) catacomb zones look nice (instanced dungeons at last)
3) new character customisation and graphic engine are nice as well - for RvR I still use SI or ToA client though
4) hib got 2 really fun (and I think good) classes (midgard traditionally got the most overpowered one)
5) no additional grind that you HAVE to do in order to compete in RvR (some high utility items in the new zones but that's about it)

me likes very much...

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
and again ! expansion for roleplayers with sucky gfx for rvr :p

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
best expansion so far

3) new character customisation and graphic engine are nice as well - for RvR I still use SI or ToA client though

Does this mean that running cata client in rvr sucks very much? :X
was hoping it would be better since I cant afford new gfx before may >.<

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
Does this mean that running cata client in rvr sucks very much? :X
was hoping it would be better since I cant afford new gfx before may >.<

I run cata client in RvR now, it looks nicer, and because i have a nice gfx card it runs faster for me than ToA client does.

a little of the CPU load has been shifted over to the gfx card, so basically if you run a shit hot CPU ToA may be better,..but decent gfx card and cata is faster.

imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
havent noticed any drop off in performance with running the cata client, even when its zergy, just the usual server/open transit lag.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i think catacombs is good

my only concern is that when all the other big releases have come out the zones have been jammed packed with people in their.

catacombs has been like totally empty. sure a few groups have tried stuff but very little. some of this is to do with the game availability i hope.

the level 50 dark spire instance zone is really good fun. and gr8 drops i recomend people take a good FG in their and try and complete that. its a challenge and its great drops. We were getting like 105% instance bonus in their it was insane XP. but you cant afford not to be level 50 witha strong group in this place.

there is gr8 leveling potential in some of those cata zones too.

the cata client for RVR is a little wierd. I didnt initally like what the characters looked like, still getting used to it. they seem a bit to upright and lankey with massive shoulder pads now.

Also the bow draw sounds are begging to piss me off a tad.

other than that its pretty cool.

2 new hib classes are good. rolled a bainshee can see it being fun, not overpowered really but in certain cirumstances it could mow enemies down.
vamps look cool too.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
ty all, think i will buy a new gfx card before buying catacombs ^^
one of the thing I dont miss in daoc is the weird lag I get when im around many trees. anyway cya.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Eemma said:
ty all, think i will buy a new gfx card before buying catacombs ^^
one of the thing I dont miss in daoc is the weird lag I get when im around many trees. anyway cya.

My PC is running great (toa and catacombs client) but I also have a problem with trees. Hence, atlantis trees: off ;)

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
before NF I could turn TOA tree on and it would run fine, but when NF came turning TOA or SI tree on/off doesnt work anymore, this having a huge impact on rvr'ing near trees. (its actually one of the small reason why I quit, cba/afford buying a new gfx card :p)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
As mentioned earlier asfar you have decent gfx card catas will be ok.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
as for graphics, i know which i prefer.

Before:
sshot059.jpg

After:
sshot016.jpg

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Your celt looks like an elpg in the after picture ^^
or well, could also be a firb.