Telewest

E

Embattle

It seems they have added an extra service charge for not using direct debt of £2, started last month. I hate it when companies add an extra charge to monthly payments, no doubt it appeared in some small text on my last price guide :eek:

D

Deadmanwalking

Serves u right for having cable =/

/me awaits the 6 yera olds and their flames :p

J

Jonty

It seems that almost everyone charges a little extra for not using DirectDebit.

*Jonty waits for the Microsoft bashers to start on DirectDebit bashing*

Kind Regards

D

Dr_Weasel

Not only did they add 2 quid for non-DD payment, they converted their freephone tech support numbers to local rate and abolished free local cable to cable phone calls. I think they also introduced a higher minimum call charge for phone calls too.

The changing the tech support numbers to local rate wouldnt be so bad apart from the fact they take ~40 mins of on hold to get around to you.

I had 5 months of phoning them at least weekly over a broadband issue before I told them to stick it and got DSL instead.

As you can guess, they arent my favorite company.

W

Will

Originally posted by Dr_Weasel
...and abolished free local cable to cable phone calls..
Lies. You pay a 6p connection fee, as with any other charged call, so call it flat-fee instead of free. And its not 6pm-6am and weekends, not 8pm-8am like it used to be.

Other stuff...mostly, but hey, they haven't exactly got too much money in the bank at the moment. And the local rate number now means you don't need to wait so long for tech support since people don't call it for so many stupid reasons.

But I'm biased.;)

D

Dr_Weasel

Originally posted by Will.
Lies. You pay a 6p connection fee, as with any other charged call, so call it flat-fee instead of free. And its not 6pm-6am and weekends, not 8pm-8am like it used to be.

Hah.. I knew it wasnt "free" anymore. I lost interest after that. :D

Im biased because I have had some bad experiences with telewest over the last 10 years or so. So much so I used to have DSL when it first came out at 40 quid a month rather than 25 quid for BlueYonder because I refused to have telewest in the house. However, when I bought my own house I wanted to save some money and went with BlueYonder. Big mistake. After 9 months of good service my pings to the local UBR shot up to 300-600ms. After the aforementioned 5 months of bitching, they told me it was a capacity issue that they werent going to fix.

Ho hum... Fair play to them. I agree that they are short of cash... this is why they wouldnt sort out the capacity on my UBR. I wish them all the best, but I wont go back to them again (Not until BT piss me off again anyrate :p )

W

Will

Ah, Bristol. I think thats fixed now. But its not my job.

Though I would have phrased "not going to fix it" far better.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom