Teh Seels guide!: How to be a noob.

O

old.Tohtori

Hello to all.

Since the game has been live for such a long time, i believe it's time to give some advice on how to be a noob. Simply to keep the noob playerbase rich and blooming. Now being an noob player isn't easy, it takes hard work and dedication if it doesn't come to you naturally. So, i thought i'd give some advice on how to be the best darn noob there is. These are in no particular order, each advice works in different areas of the game and even if i know i can't make you the uber player of the year by just giving advice i can atleast show you the right path. So get ready, here we go.

1: Money is not there to be earned.

We all know time is money and time should be spent on getting uber exp and certainly not on searching for that pot of gold. There are millions of people around, or atleast a thousand that allready have a lot of G(this is gold, but i'll get to the terminology later on) in their inventory and they are more then pleased to give it away to a level 1 player. A few things on getting those G bits from other players. First off, remember to ask in an 3l337 way so the players know you're new to the game and too busy to get the G yourself. Here is a good example that has been proven to work in almost every occasion:

"Giv G plz!!"

With three simple words like that you are sure to fill your ingame purse in no time at all. Also remember, if the person you are asking from isn't co-operating, to insult him, her, his mother, Girlfriend, poodle and pants so that the uneducated player knows you are a noob and will then proceed to give you the help you need, in other words, Gold.

2: Noone is expected to exp alone.

Powerleveling is the way the world moves and as eager the other players are to give your level 1 character all the G he needs, they are also as eager to powerlevel you to higher levels, just to make you happy. Asking for a powerleveling is as easy as asking for G and the simple: "PL me PLZ!!" works very well in almost any situation. Remember that the rules of insult and disrespect work in this as well as with asking for donations to your worthy cause.

3: Buff me baby one more time.

Shamans, healers and all other buff casting classes love when you ask for a buff. Buffing helps you level faster and it is their duty..no..honor to buff a level 1 character with uber bufs. So don't be afraid to step up to a shaman, especially one who is busy, like AFK or even better, in a battle, and ask simply: "Buff me PLZ!!" They will certainly turn to you and buff you up so you can kill more easily, even if you are going to be powerleveled anyway. Also remember when the buffing is complete, to ask for more Gold. Always is a good time to ask for an added favor.

4: You're no fighter.

In a battle situation(if you must group with others and not get powerleveled) you might feel the urge to help your friends in battle, especially if they seem to be dying, fight this urge. No self respecting noob would dare to lift a finger to help kill a mob and if the battle should seem to be ending badly for the group, the noob is expected to press sprint and get away from there as fast as possible. But in a case where you just have to fight, as an example when you are grouped only with a healer, here's the next tip.

5: Healers always need to be told how to play.

"Stun!"

"Heal me!"

"Mez!!"

These are commands that you need to learn when grouping with a healer. It is common knowledge that healers can never, and i do mean NEVER play their class right. They need to be told when to mez, when to heal you, when to eat, sleep and take a pee break and even when to make hankypanky with the girlfriend. All healers are ex-military who use DAoC as a way to escape reality so you must command them and tell them how to play their class, otherwise they might pull willynilly, mez a bush or just try to heal a tree next to you. Macro the commands and press them even if there is no reason, just to keep the healer on his or her toes.

6: Speak fast. Speak efficiently. Speak 3l33t.

PLZ, FFS, KK, THXBYE. Seems like a load of letters don't it? Well it's not. It's the higly sophisticated language of 3l337 and you should learn it if you wish to be in the ranks of the top noobs around. Here are a few words that you must know when you start your game:

FFS= This means please. It is considered pollite to add this to any request. Such as " Heal FFS!"

PLZ= This is similar to the FFS but is considered even more polite and more lvoed by the players, you could say it's a hybrid between please and sir.

GIV= A simple word that is commonly used to ask for a favour of some sort. Such as buffs, gold or items.

PL= Powerlevelling. Why use normal levelling methods when the people of the game love to powerlevel you up? This is a higly respected method that is used, sometimes by the masses but mostly to help a noob like you to gain more power and respect.

S, G, PLAT= The money of the game and the soul of a noobs inventory. S meaning silver, G for gold and PLAT for Platinum. Now don't ask for a PLAT unless you meet a level 40+ player, they are the only ones who have gathered that much just to give it to you.

KK= Meaning allright, yes, understood. The reason there is two K's is so that the non-noob player will understand you. They are simply people and don't understand when you say simple ok or yes. This is why it it is, yes yes or ok ok.

!!!= Everything must be shouted and preferred to be written in caps. This helps the non-noob player to understand you and find your words more easily from the Box of Many Voices and Colors. Otherwise they might miss your insightful words and they could never live with that on their heart.

7: You are always right.

You've learned a few neat things here, some basic things on how to become a noob and how to act among the players who regard you as top of the cream, but you still need one mroe advice: You are always right. There are players who might tell you to piss off, go kill greencons for cash or even such a ridicilous thing as to go and exp your character without buffs, group or powerlevelling. These people are wrong. Your way is the best, you know every class in and out and noone is smarter then you when it comes to this game. Don't let anyone try and convince you otherwise.

And there you have it, 7 simple things that will help you on your path of noobiness. One day when you're a great noob and master player of the year, remember this day when you were fresh as a babys bottom and send me a card as a thank you.(remember to add FFS and write in caps, i'm old, i don't understand that well anymore)

Don't forget my words and go make me proud!

K

Kernum

EH???? FFS I`m OLD!
SPEAK UP!
hehe i like that might try it some day
<gets out walking stick>
heh as a Shammie i loved being told when to heal/buff..
makes me all warm and glowy..
K.

R

Regicide

haha *lol*
I was grouped with such one yesterday morning :)

S

shani

Damn, it's monday morning, I read this post, and now I have to explain to my college's why I am laughing....

:clap:

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Powerleveling is the way the world moves and as eager the other players are to give your level 1 character all the G he needs, they are also as eager to powerlevel you to higher levels, just to make you happy. Asking for a powerleveling is as easy as asking for G and the simple: "PL me PLZ!!" works very well in almost any situation. Remember that the rules of insult and disrespect work in this as well as with asking for donations to your worthy cause.

i still wonder.. how come some people msg you out of the blue with

"can u pl me plzplzplzplz?"

"uh ok, ill drop what im doing right now and run to CM and pl you for a few hrs k?"

M

MesS°

playing with me alt the other day, i got a grp in keltoi, we had a pally in the group (the only tank), each time he got hit he yelled "ON ME!" in group chat...
I later logged on my main and gave him 20G for the best laugh i had had in a while...
To this day im not sure he understod why he got the gold and who my alt was, he was to busy running after i had pressed "accept"...

C

Cush

as a shaman i have gotten a few tells with..

PL me plz!

and

BUFF!!!

as you may understand i ran right off and did as they asked (not)

L

liste

be an inf.

nobody in their right mind would ask for power leveling

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by MesS°
playing with me alt the other day, i got a grp in keltoi, we had a pally in the group (the only tank), each time he got hit he yelled "ON ME!" in group chat...

Lol that's hysterical!

K

klavrynd

priceless ^^

you might want to add givf to your "noobity for advanced noobs" essay :)

S

soullessminion

Originally posted by liste
be an inf.

nobody in their right mind would ask for power leveling

Lol my lev 10 hunter was asked to pl someone :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Actually made me laugh, Toto. :D

First timer!;)

A

Aule Valar

sadly you missed one minor point, your guide, whislt bonza, is in english so they won't be able to read it :(

he's a translated version for the lazy n00b

HELO 2 AL

SINCE!111 DA GME HAS BAN LIEV FOR SUCH A LONG TIEM I BLEIV3 ITS TIEM 2 GIEV SOM3 ADVIEC ON HOW 2 B A NOB11!11 OMG WTF LOL SIMPLY 2 KEP TEH NOB PLAEYRBAES RICH AND BLOMNG11!1!1! OMG LOL NOW BNG AN NOB PLAEYR ISNT EASY IT TAEKS HARD WORK AND D3DICATION IF IT DOESNT COM3 2 U NATURALY11!!!1! WTF SO I THOUGHT ID GIEV SOME ADVIEC ON HOW 2 B DA BST DARN NOB THEYRE IS!11!! WTF THAS3 R IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER 3ACH ADVIEC WORKS IN DIF3RANT AERAS OF DA GMA AND EVAN IF I KNOW I CANT MAEK U DA UBR PLAEYR OF DA YEAR BY JUST GIVNG ADVIEC I CAN ATL3AST SHOW U TEH RIGHT PATH1!11 OMG WTF SO GAT R3ADY HERE WE GO

111!1!11 OMG WTF MONEY IS NOT THEYRE 2 B 3ARNED

WA!1!11!!! OMG WTF AL KNOW TIEM IS MON3Y AND TIEM SHUD B SP3NT ON G3TNG UBR 3XP AND CERTANELY NOT ON SEARCHNG FOR TAHT POT OF GOLD!1!1 OMG WTF THEIR R MILIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND OR ATLEAST A THOUSAND TAHT ALREADY HAEV A LOT OF G(THIS IS GOLD BUT IL GET 2 DA TARMINOLOGY L8R ON) IN THEYRE INVEN2RY AND THEY R MORE THEN PLZ 2 GIEV IT AWAY 2 A LEVEL 1 PLAEYR!!111 LOL A F3W THNGS ON GATNG THOS3 G BITS FROM OTHER PLAEYRS!!!1!!11 LOL FIRST OF RAMAMBR 2 ASK IN AN 3L37 WAY SO DA PLAEYRS KNOW UR NU 2 TEH GMA AND 2 BUSY 2 G3T TEH G UR!11! OMG HERE IS A GOD 3XMPLE TAHT HAS BEN PROVEN 2 WORK IN ALMOST 3VERY OCASION

GIV G WIT!1!111!11!1! LOL THRE SIMPLE WORDS LIEK TAHT U R SURE 2 FIL UR NGM3 PURS3 IN NO TIEM AT AL!11! OMG WTF LOL ALSO R3M3MBR IF DA P3RSON U R ASKNG FROM ISNT CO-OP3RATNG 2 INSULT HIM H3R HIS MOTHER GIRLFREIND PODLA AND PANTS SO TAHT TEH UNEDUCAETD PLAEYR KNOWS U R A NOB AND WIL TH3N PROCED 2 GIEV U DA H3LP U NED IN OTH3R WORDS GOLD

2!111!!1 LOL NONE IS EXPECTED 2 AXP ALONE

POWARLEVALNG!1!11! OMG WTF LOL IS DA WAY DA WORLD MOVAS AND AS EAEGR DA OTHER PLAEYRS R 2 GIEV UR LAVEL 1 CHARACTER AL TEH G H3 NEDS THEY R ALSO AS AAEGR 2 POW3RLEV3L U 2 HIGHER LEVELS JUST 2 MAEK U HAPY1!!1!! LOL ASKNG FOR A POW3RL3VELNG IS AS 3ASY AS ASKNG FOR G AND DA SIMPLA PL ME PLZ!!!11!!!!11111!!! OMG WORKS VERY WEL IN ALMOST ANY SITUATION1!1! R3MAMBR TAHT DA RULES OF INSULT AND DISRESPECT WORK IN THIS AS W3L AS WIT ASKNG FOR DONATIONS 2 UR WORTHY CAUSE

31!1!!1 LOL BUF M3 BABY ONE MORE TIEM

SHMANS!1!!1 OMG HEAELRS AND AL OTH3R BUF CASTNG CLASES LOV3 WH3N U ASK FOR A BUF!11!1 OMG LOL BUFNG HELPS U LAVEL FASTAR AND IT IS THERE DUTY.NO.HONOR!111!1!11!1 WTF LOL 2 BUF A LAVAL 1 CHARACT3R WIT UBR BUFS11!!1!11 LOL SO DONT B AFRADE 2 STEP UP 2 A SHMAN 3SPECIALY ONE WHO IS BUSY LIEK AFK OR EV3N BTER IN A BATLE AND ASK SIMPLY BUF M3 PLZ!1!1!1!!11!1!1!1 THAY WIL CARTANELY TURN 2 U AND BUF U UP SO U CAN KIL MORE EASILY 3VEN IF U R GONG 2 B POWERLEVALED ANYWAY!!11!! OMG WTF LOL ALSO REMEMBR WHEN DA BUFNG IS COMPLET3 2 ASK FOR MORA GOLD1!111 OMG WTF LOL ALWAYS IS A GOD TIEM 2 ASK FOR AN AD3D FAVOR

41!1!!! OMG LOL UR NO FIGHTER

IN11!!11!! OMG LOL A BATL3 SITUATION(IF U MUST GROUP WIT OTHERS AND NOT G3T POWARL3V3LAD) U MIGHT FEL DA URG3 2 HELP UR FREINDS IN BATLE ESPACIALY IF THAY SEM 2 B DYNG FIGHT THIS URG3!!1!1!1 OMG NO SELF R3SPECTNG NOB WUD R 2 LIFT A FNG3R 2 HELP KIL A MOB AND IF TEH BATLE SHUD SEM 2 B ANDNG BADLY FOR TEH GROUP TEH NOB IS EXP3CTED 2 PRES SPRINT AND GET AWAY FROM THEIR AS FAST AS POSIBL311!1! LOL BUT IN A CAES WH3RE U JUST HAEV 2 FIGHT AS AN EXMPLA WHEN U R GROUPED ONLY WIT A HEAELR H3RES TEH NAXT TIP

51!1!!!11 OMG HAAELRS ALWAYS NED 2 B 2LD HOW 2 PLAY

STUN

H3AL!!!1!! OMG LOL ME

MAZ!

THESA!1!1! LOL R COMANDS TAHT U NED 2 LEARN WHAN GROUPNG WIT A HEAELR11!!!11 OMG WTF LOL IT IS COMON KNOWLEDGE TAHT HEAELRS CAN N3VAR AND I DO M3AN NEVER PLAY THEYRE CLAS RIGHT!11!1!1! OMG LOL THAY NED 2 B 2LD WHEN 2 M3Z WHEN 2 H3AL U WH3N 2 EAT SLEP AND TAEK A PE BRAAK AND AVEN WH3N 2 MAEK HANKYPANKY WIT TEH GIRLFREIND1!11! WTF LOL AL H3AELRS R EX-MILITARY WHO USA DAOC AS A WAY 2 3SCAEP R3ALITY SO U MUST COMAND THEM AND TAL TH3M HOW 2 PLAY THEYRE CLAS OTH3RWIES TH3Y MIGHT PUL WILYNILY MAZ A BUSH OR JUST TRY 2 H3AL A TRE N3XT 2 U111!11 LOL MACRO DA COMANDS AND PRAS TH3M EVEN IF THEIR IS NO REASON JUST 2 KEP TEH H3AELR ON HIS OR HAR 2ES

61!!11! WTF SPEAK FAST1!!1 OMG SPEAK EFICEINTLY111! OMG WTF SPEAK 3L3T

PLZ!!111 WTF LOL FS K THXBYE1!!1 OMG LOL SEMS LIEK A LOAD OF L3T3RS DONT IT?!????! WTF WEL ITS NOT1111!! WTF ITS TEH HIGLY SOPHISTICAETD LANGUAEG OF 3L37 AND U SHUD LAARN IT IF U WISH 2 B IN DA RANKS OF DA 2P NOBS AROUND!1!1!111 OMG H3R3 R A F3W WORDS TAHT U MUST KNOW WHEN U START UR GM3

FS= THIS MEANS PLZ11!!1 WTF LOL IT IS CONSIEDRED POLIET 2 AD THIS 2 ANY REQUEST!!1!1!11 OMG WTF SUCH AS HAAL FS

PLZ=!1!!1!! WTF LOL THIS IS SIMILAR 2 TEH FS BUT IS CONSIEDR3D AVEN MOR3 POLIET AND MORE LVOAD BY DA PLAEYRS U CUD SAY ITS A HYBRID BTWEN PLZ AND SIR

GIV=1!!1111! OMG A SIMPL3 WORD TAHT IS COMONLY USED 2 ASK FOR A FAVOUR OF SOMA SORT1!11!111 SUCH AS BUFS GOLD OR IETMS

PL=!!1!!1!1 OMG POW3RLAVALNG!!11 OMG Y USA NORMAL LAV3LNG M3THODS WHEN TEH PEOPL3 OF TEH GM3 LOVE 2 POW3RLAVAL U UP??!!?? OMG WTF THIS IS A HIGLY RESP3CTED MATHOD TAHT IS USAD SOMETIEMS BY TEH MASAS BUT MOSTLY 2 H3LP A NOB LIEK U 2 GANE MORE POW3R AND RESPECT

S1!11!1 WTF LOL G PLAT= DA MONAY OF DA GMA AND TEH SU OF A NOBS INV3N2RY!!111!1! OMG WTF S MAANNG SILV3R G FOR GOLD AND PLAT FOR PLATINUM1111 OMG NOW DONT ASK FOR A PLAT UNLAS U MET A L3V3L 40+ PLAEYR THEY R DA ONLY ONES WHO HAEV THEYRE TAHT MUCH JUST 2 GIEV IT 2 U1!!111 WTF M3ANNG ALRIGHT YES UNDERS2D1111 OMG TEH REASON THEYRE IS TWO KS IS SO TAHT DA NON-NOB PLAEYR WIL UND3RSTAND U!!1!11 THEY R SIMPLY PEOPLA AND DONT UNDERSTAND WHEN U SAY SIMPLE K OR Y3S!!!11111 OMG WTF LOL THIS IS Y IT IT IS Y3S Y3S OR K OK

!=!111!!1 3V3RYTHNG MUST B SHOUTED AND PR3F3RED 2 B WRITEN IN CAPS!!1!!! LOL THIS H3LPS DA NON-NOB PLAEYR 2 UNDERSTAND U AND FIND UR WORDS MORE EASILY FROM DA BOX OF MANY VOIECS AND COLORS!!1!1!1 LOL OTHERWIES TH3Y MIGHT MIS UR INSIGHTFUL WORDS AND THAY CUD NEVAR LIEV WIT TAHT ON THERE H3ART

7!!!1 OMG LOL U R ALWAYS U1!!!! OMG L3ARNED A FEW N3AT THNGS H3R3 SOME BASIC THNGS ON HOW 2 BCOM3 A NOB AND HOW 2 ACT MONG TEH PLAEYRS WHO R3GARD U AS 2P OF TEH CR3M BUT U STIL NED ONE MRO3 ADVIEC U R ALWAYS RIGHT1111!!!! OMG WTF THEIR R PLAEYRS WHO MIGHT TAL U 2 PIS OF GO KIL GRENCONS FOR CASH OR 3VEN SUCH A RIDICILOUS THNG AS 2 GO AND EXP UR CHARACTER WITHOUT BUFS GROUP OR POWERLEVELNG1!11! LOL TH3SE PAOPLE R WRONG!!!11!1 OMG WTF UR WAY IS TEH BST U KNOW EVERY CLAS IN AND OUT AND NONE IS SMART3R THEN U WHEN IT COM3S 2 THIS GME1!111 OMG LOL DONT LAT ANYONE TRY AND CONVINC3 U OTH3RWIES

AND1!1!!!1 OMG THEIR U HAEV IT 7 SIMPLE THNGS TAHT WIL HALP U ON UR PATH OF NOBIENS!!1!1!1 LOL ON3 DAY WHEN UR A GREAT NOB AND MASTAR PLAEYR OF DA YAAR R3MEMBR THIS DAY WHEN U W3R3 FR3SH AS A BABYS BOTOM AND SEND M3 A CARD AS A THANK U!!111!11 OMG WTF LOL 2 AD FS AND WRIET IN CAPS IMM OLD I DONT UNDERSTAND TAHT WEL ANYMORE)

DONT FORGET MAH WORDS AND GO MAEK ME PROUD

11!! OMG WTF LOL

S

Sharma

Jesus christ, you actually took the time to write that? o_O

R

razorboy

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
FFS= This means please. It is considered pollite to add this to any request. Such as " Heal FFS!"

:great:

V

Validus

Originally posted by sharma
Jesus christ, you actually took the time to write that? o_O

i think he has one of those english=3l337 translators

N

Ninth Dimension

OMG, this is so true, maybe someone can start a study of n00bs and find out what makes them them like they are, and find some type of cure :)

D

dwindimir

Our technology isn't high enough to make artificial brains, so cure is not possible :D And finding a suitable donor is always a problem.

M

mid-sinister

IM SINISTER!!!!1 OMG FEAR MAH SKILS1!!!!! WTF I OWN U HARD AND U SUK 2!111 OMG DONT MES WIT MAH DAD EITH3R HA WAS IN TEH RAF AND HAS 12 FOT TAL AND CAN LIFT TEH WORLD WIT 1 FNG3R!1!!1!!!!11!!!1!!1!! WTF GIEV M3 PL1111 LOL PLZ AND G AND ITMZ PLZ111!1!1 LOL

A

Aravis

Originally posted by mid-sinister
IM SINISTER!!!!1 OMG FEAR MAH SKILS1!!!!! WTF I OWN U HARD AND U SUK 2!111 OMG DONT MES WIT MAH DAD EITH3R HA WAS IN TEH RAF AND HAS 12 FOT TAL AND CAN LIFT TEH WORLD WIT 1 FNG3R!1!!1!!!!11!!!1!!1!! WTF GIEV M3 PL1111 LOL PLZ AND G AND ITMZ PLZ111!1!1 LOL

Aargh, I'm having a Salisbury Plain flashback!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom