Teh Seel Compares! Sex and Games. Really that different?

O

old.Tohtori

Long time no ocean people! And it's good to "see" you too. Har har! Teh Seel is feeling funny today and i don't mean in that fuzzy feeling in your pants when you see a woman dressed in tight red leather. No, Teh Seel is feeling amused of his own thoughts and how his life has been going. Truly, the summer is upon teh Icefloat as well as the rest of the world and summer "springs"(hihi...) to mind two things that are extremely fun and enjoyable to do in the warm embrace of the summer sun. Sex and Games. No matter what your Girl/boyfriend tells you when you bash away with DAoC, Halo or the ever popular Sims -Afterlife(with zombies and Jesus), games and sex are quite alike. Now take a moment to lean back and enjoy as we take a closer look on how these two favorite pasttimes of all times are alike. Cumfy? Good. Let's begin.

Pre-gaming

When we see some game we like we want to know a bit more about it. We look around for interesting facts. How goodlooking the game is, how much might it cost, how rough the learning curve of the game is and an overall picture if it pleases our eye. After this we look if the game is possible to obtain and if it happens to available we proceed to buying the game. Sometimes games cost a lot, sometimes they cost little but if we really want to play the particular game, we will use huge sums to get it. If all goes well, we walk home with a brand new game and we can begin playing (with) it.

Hype

To get people to buy the game we need hype. We have to tell how good the game will be, no game before has been this great and probably never will there be a game like this. We have to tell that it has all these amazing features in it. How well the gameplay works, how there are some neverbefore seen features that will blow your mind. We have to tell them that it will last longer then any other game before, how it will be everchanging and never go into that basic burgergame you get for 2 bucks in the local minimarket. But we have to be careful not to over-hype the game. If you over-hype the game and the person playing it notices that it's "not all that special", we will be left with a very unsatusfied player.

Playing the game.

When we start to play a game, we don't want to look at a manual and see what buttons to press. We want to get right down to business and soon master the game. Ofcourse if we used to play a prequal of a game, like Monsterbash part 1 before Monsterbash part 2- The Bashing, we have some experience and feel right at home. We need a technique, some basic formula to lean, but not depend on. We are not AI afterall. Some tips from friends who are more experienced in gaming is always welcome and we should talk about gaming, like most do, in the comfort of our friends. Sometimes we get hooked to gaming but do remember to eat and drink in between, we wouldn't want to die of gaming would we? Well, some might consider it a nice way to go but lets be logical this time.

Post-game

After the game it's good to unwind, have a smoke(if you're a smoker) and the next day tell your friends how excellent/bad the game really was. Maybe even tell your friends to try it, just to prove your point. Remember, when speaking to friends, over-hyping isn't a bad thing. Maybe you want to be evil and hype the game to heavens, just to see them suffer the agony of a bad game. Also, if you liked the game then do return to it. Don't play the game too often or it might get boring, but don't take a too long pause because you might forget where you were, what you were doing or why the game was so good. Usually still, playing leaves you in a relaxed, very happy state of mind.

Special Games

If you ever manage to play two games at a time, consider yourself one lucky bastard. Playing a game is excellent if the game is good and especially if you love the game but if you can play two games at one time, without loosing concentration in one or the other, go for it.

There you go, a small comparison between two lovely things you can do in the safety of your home. If you're feeling kinda risky, do try and play games at supermarkets, at trains, airplanes or even in the car. Just don't play and drive, that's dangerous. Teh Seel bows...

*bows*

...and thanks you for the time you have once more given to read my ramblings. Until next time, if you play on the street be careful and please do what the RAM pickup reads in the front.

G

greenfingers

so many words .. so little time

gtg .. I´ll read it and edit my post at home :)

Im out, C Ya ...

E

Ekydus

LOL Tohtori you are one weirdo. But you are one funny weirdo.

M

Madonion Slicer

You should call that the Swiss Tony guide to gaming.

"Playing a computer game is much like making love to a beautyful woman"

R

Roo Stercogburn

Tired of single player games Seel? ;)

Hmm, does that make an LD coitus interuptus? :D

I think Teh Seel is wondering if he can find that special someone to share his icefloat with.

C

Col|

hehe

One of the few things I missed when wasn't reading BW forums was the mad ramblings of "Teh Seel".
Nice on Toto.

:great:

C

ChillyDawg

not wishing to sound rather silly, but sex4tehwin! surely.

S

Spinky

You neglected to mention that some people can potentially play the game with lots of other people, such as mmorpg, though end up going it solo when the going gets tough. :(

K

kirennia

MMORPG's must be fun...how many people play on this server? :cheers:

O

old.Tohtori

I didn't forget to mention the MMORPG where people get together with a huge bunch of other people to "play" together. I simply ran out of time.

Also things i didn't have time to mention were:

Making videos of gameplay and getting huge appreciation from the community for showing them for free.

Solo games, when you just play by yourself and how it's considered in these days "normal" but still a bit pathetic. "What, don't own a net?"

3l337 players who nobody wants to play with but who consider themselves the best players out there.

You see? Even Teh Seel can't cover everything :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

Ocean = sea. Sea pun of see.

Long time no see.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Ocean = sea. Sea pun of see.

Long time no see.

What my comrade in humoristic arms said. It's a bad pun but evidently it's not "pld!!1" to all :p

And a small thank you for my fans, you really keep me cool on these warm summer days :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom