Teh Friday News!

• Thread starter Roo Stercogburn
  • Start date
R

Roo Stercogburn

Teh Friday News!

[2003-7-11]

Greetings, salutations and much moist welcoming!

Christmas is coming, the trolls are getting fat, please put some subs into poor old GOAT's hat.

In Game Councilling
-------------------

We have observed that some players are suffering from megalomania, delusions of grandeur and other side effects of actually believing that leading in game is real. Oh boy. As such, we've decided to offer free councilling to anyone who has led raids, hunts and other in-game events and has started to believe in their own godhood. Dr. Dozigtroll Itsonlyacigar will be available with years of experience to help any sufferers and for those of you having to put up with these people, we are providing joy buzzers which will send an electric shock to delusional players every time they try to order you around. We can think of at lease a couple of players likely to drain the national grid of various countries within minutes of logging on.

Server Upgrade
---------------

Anyone got an old PC they aren't using at the moment?

Realm Balance
-------------

There have been reports of disproprortionate number of players creating chars in Hibernia on all servers. At least 2 were spotted on various frontiers on each server over the last week. Please all, try to spread yourselves more evenly. Albion is woefully short of players on each server, please try and make some chars there if
possible.

Foundations
-----------

Foundations is going live next week subject to final testing. Yes, thats right. The new Outer Mongolian servers will be live on 1.63 by this time next week. We're still translating for the European servers and is right on schedule for sometime.

Sound Problems
--------------

I got a nice new bass box in my car's sound system. Word bro', yo yo, kickin', etc. No sound problems now.

Well, thats it for this week! Lots more to tell but we like to parcel out innacurate information sparingly! Take care, have a good weekend and remember, we love you. Yes we do, yes we do, yes we do. Our little cutie bear players. Snooky pookums mwa mwa mwa.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
There have been reports of disproprortionate number of players creating chars in Hibernia on all servers. At least 2 were spotted on various frontiers on each server over the last week. Please all, try to spread yourselves more evenly. Albion is woefully short of players on each server, please try and make some chars there if possible.

haha, nice one

P

PJS

Keep 'em coming. Never know, might encourage them to do better.

Foundations coming end of summer*

*(in the southern hemisphere)

B

Belsameth

Teh Friday News!

[2003-7-11]

Greetings, salutations and much moist welcoming!

Christmas is coming, the trolls are getting fat, please put some subs into poor old GOAT's hat.

In Game Councilling
-------------------

We have observed that some players are suffering from megalomania, delusions of grandeur and other side effects of actually believing that leading in game is real. Oh boy. As such, we've decided to offer free councilling to anyone who has led raids, hunts and other in-game events and has started to believe in their own godhood. Dr. Dozigtroll Itsonlyacigar will be available with years of experience to help any sufferers and for those of you having to put up with these people, we are providing joy buzzers which will send an electric shock to delusional players every time they try to order you around. We can think of at lease a couple of players likely to drain the national grid of various countries within minutes of logging on.

ROFL!! :clap:

Class work, Roo. even if I generally dislike GOA bashing :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Me? GOA bashing?

Nahhh. I'm their Number 1 Fanboy of course as everyone knows.

I don't think they deserve a lot of the things they get levelled at them but their track record is less than fantastic, especially when it comes to servicing the English based players. Or possibly its more accurate to say that the perception of English based players is that the service they receive is not that great.

And one other thing which I've been wanting to comment on for a while but wasn't sure how to broach: No disrespect intended but for many months now when it has actually appeared, the Friday News has been somewhat lacklustre. I knock up Teh Friday News usually in about 10-15 mins. Its usually based on something that has happened in-game over the last week or things that have happened in the community. Very occasionally the real world gets to intrude. The real Friday News rarely has any comments on game related goings on in the English servers. It would be nice to see funny incidents and stories relating to things that have happened to players, or evidence of the GMs up to mischief, that kind of thing.

If any GOA peeps do stop by to read my inane drivel, there is usually a core of truth in my ramblings and they might want to pay attention.

Then again, maybe not. I don't represent the community, I'm just one other player enjoying some forum fluff :)

O

old.Hardbein

I hate repeating myself....but...

Roo! for president imo ;) \o/

O

oblivion_6

rofl

nice one :clap:

so close to the truth mind u :(

W

Whoodoo_RD

R00 to write the REAL friday news :) !!

Start a petition?

D

dozigden

So, Roo, I understand your news features have given a degree of fame, even extending to other servers, how does that make you feel?

R

Roo Stercogburn

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM badger badger badger badger badger badger badger SNAKE! OOOH NOOOO ITS A SNAKE badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

D

dozigden

Ah I see.

Carol, could you make Mr Stercogburn an appointment with the "special tailor" please, he'll be needing a new jacket, and an extended visit.

P

parisienscot

LOL

I've kind of stopped playing but I still check the forums for Roo's Friday news!

And sometimes I read Teh Seal's posts too, hoping that I'll eventually find a funny one.

/miaow

xxx

T

the_fnord

We're still translating for the European servers and is right on schedule for sometime.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

C

ChillyDawg

hmmm, read about 50% b4 i realised it was a piss take, shows my faith eh? :D

P

PJS

You actually ccount the badgers? :eek7:

yes, oh and 4 lots of badgers and 3 lots of shrooms before the snake part too :p

Users who are viewing this thread