Teh Friday News

R

Roo Stercogburn

Friday News

2003-03-21
--------------

Greetings my little cabbages. More great things coming your way. Some European specific changes...

New Duelling System
-----------------------------

Players will soon be able to buy a rolled up newspaper from NPC chars. Once purchased, 2 players may challenge each other to a duel. After typing /FA <challenged char>, the NPC will pull down your char's leggings and force the rolled up newspaper inbetween the player's rear cheeks. Once the duellists are facing away from each other, the NPC will then set light to the newspapers. The first player to drop the newspaper... loses. This type of duelling is called the Battle Of The Flaming Arseholes and finally the biggest arseholes in each realm have something they can excel at.

New Commands
---------------------

To save time and effort for players, new commands have been added to the European servers:

/Autowhine - if you are killed by a red or purple con player while xp'ing, this will automatically create a post on Barrysworld stating your char name, the time, date and loc where you were xp'ing and name the thread "To <Ganker Char Name>". Extra care has been taken to make sure the wording is as irritating as possible to other players to help get maximum number of posts so you can randomly flame people who answer the thread. You get RP for every answering post other than your own, and bonus RP if you can get the ganker's GM to answer your thread.

/Autowhinereply - this is for players that have just killed a grey/green/blue con enemy and will save you having to post on any thread created with /Autowhine. Typical answers will be worded along the lines of "Lol muppet", "XP in-realm idiot" and of course the evergreen "Cry more noob". You will get RP for any additional posts you can get the Autowhiner to add to the thread.

/Autowine. Room service, something else altogether. HELLLLOOOOOO NURSEEEEYYYY! :D

Code Of Conduct Reminder
------------------------------------

It is innapropriate to continually PM Enter/Exit at players you want to enter/exit.

Many players have complained about poor spelling and bad punctuation from other players while in-game.
We've closed these whiners' accounts so we can get some peece and quite.

Well thats it for this week. Good hunting, have a great weekend, and roll those newspapers!

N

nerve

Hehe,

gotta love Roo's Friday News Editorials. Wish Goa would hire him :)

C

civy

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn

New Duelling System
-----------------------------

Players will soon be able to buy a rolled up newspaper from NPC chars. Once purchased, 2 players may challenge each other to a duel. After typing /FA <challenged char>, the NPC will pull down your char's leggings and force the rolled up newspaper inbetween the player's rear cheeks. Once the duellists are facing away from each other, the NPC will then set light to the newspapers. The first player to drop the newspaper... loses. This type of duelling is called the Battle Of The Flaming Arseholes and finally the biggest arseholes in each realm have something they can excel at.

I bet chanters get a insta fart ability

C

Cronn

More of the same from Roo :sleeping: :sleeping:

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Cronn
More of the same from Roo :sleeping: :sleeping:

Here's a novel idea Cronn, if think "more of the same" then don't click on the thread?

Crazy or what?!

S

scartooth

More of the same from Cronn :doh: :sleeping: :doh:

Y

Young.Thjina

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
It is innapropriate to continually PM Enter/Exit at players you want to enter/exit.
Lol i get this all the time :)

Nice work Rooster :)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Routine can be a bad thing, but I'm starting to love these every Friday.

A big hand to our plucked cockerel for this one.

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte
A big hand to our plucked cockerel for this one.

Are you calling Roo a bald cock? :p

Muhahahahahahahahahaa!

R

Roo Stercogburn

Just for info...

The Flaming Arseholes actually has some basis in fact. I've got a friend who is ex-navy and last time we were out enjoying a few light refreshments, amongst the other stories he told me of the Dance of the Flaming Arseholes which went more or less as described above.

The only difference is that to end the 'dance', the rest of the navy lads would douse the dancers with their beer, mainly to put the flames out and prevent too much singed flesh :D

O

old.Tyraette

er...alcohol....flames??

/rip up applicaton for the navy

R

Roo Stercogburn

Alcohol content in beer isn't high enough to burn, thats why you tend to get spirits over your Christmas pud, not pints of Broadside or its ilk ;)

Mmm beer. Its Friday. I'd better get home soon :D

Hmm Tyraette in navy uniform, I can see Nico a-quiver already ;)

O

old.Tyraette

this is usually the point where a dodgy pictar comes in

<awaits the inevitable>

though damini seems ot be going one further and making movies instead :p

damini...can i have a hug pease?

O

old.Tyraette

oh your a sweetheart :fluffle:

thanks hon. i needed that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom