Teething problems found with new vehicle queuing system

C

CliffyG

Its getting updated today, not sure what time though.

D

Deady

Ohhh a queuing system

No doubt that will get abused though.

If someone gets to the front of the queue, how long do they get to make a choice? Will we be stuck waiting for about 30 seconds? :/

C

CliffyG

From what i've read as soon as you select a vehicle it enters the queue. When your vehicle appears you get transported into it and it auto drives of pad.

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by CliffyG
From what i've read as soon as you select a vehicle it enters the queue. When your vehicle appears you get transported into it and it auto drives of pad.

Yeah that's what I've heard too.

Should be interesting to try out tho. Will certainly help on busy pads.. that used to get SOOOO annoying.

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by CliffyG

I wonder how this will work with Reavers/mosquitos?

Fly up and forward for a bit?

P

[PS]Nova

Good point, it'll be interesting to see how it does work.

I'm guessing yes, it'll lift off a little way or something...

G

Gewny

"Fly up and forward for a bit?"

aye according to what I have read somthing like that.

B

bone_idle

I also wonder what will happen when a nasty enemy Infil will put a boomer down when there are 30 people waiting for a vehicle. Will it still spawn when you are dead.

And what about the plonkers that spawn vehicles wearing the wrong armour :D

Will be interesting to see.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by bone_idle
I also wonder what will happen when a nasty enemy Infil will put a boomer down when there are 30 people waiting for a vehicle. Will it still spawn when you are dead.

If you die or leave the area it works in your request is cancelled without spawning a vehicle.

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by bone_idle
And what about the plonkers that spawn vehicles wearing the wrong armour :D

THAT'S an interesting one. If they haven't blocked it, I can really see a lot of people doing things like flying a reaver in a MAX suit.

I seriously hope they've thought ahead and blocked it.. maybe got a check when you purchase it, or something...

[EDIT: I've just been told you can't buy a vehicle wearing the wrong armour.. so problem fixed already, aren't Sony good!]

S

Summo

Unless this is a change today, you can buy a vehicle even though your armour prohibits you from driving it.

P

[PS]Nova

Ah apparently they are going to change it at the same time they do the vehicle queuing thing. :)

P

[PS]Mung

Could someone post a URL to this "Queueing system" please?

P

[PS]Mung

And it works quite well.

I like the auto drive off the pad thing.
Makes it easy to predict where to put mines ;)

C

Cadire

It's spoiled my 'cloak near the vehicle terminal and backshoot people' tactic though! I forgot about this, and blasted some TR chap getting a vehicle. He just disappeared halfway through my assault (then blasted me to bits with his cannon).

S

Stekkerdoos

Getting a reaver can also be a problem with many enemies attacking, the auto fly is very slow and your a perfect target then.
And, no more afterburner blast-off :/

C

CliffyG

It's been mentioned on the SOE forums and will be fixed shortly. It will still auto drive as normal but you can break the auto by moving.

P

[PS]Mung

Hopefully not until you're clear of the pad though.
You know how annoying waiting for some arse to clear the pad.

G

Gewny

aye the autodrive for Reavers is very frustrating. would be ok if it moved at greater speed.

P

[PS]Nova

Also I find the autodrive goes on for way too long. I can understand getting clear of the pad, but for example, magrider, I got auto-driven half way across the base before it let me take control again - very annoying when there's enemies around etc.

Also in the techplants with the underground thingies, got auto-driven out (like it always used to be, so that's fine) but just before I exited, it sort of skewed a bit and smashed into a wall (still auto-driven) and took 50% damage!

I am an engineer and luckily managed to get out and repair safely, but it was annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom