Film Teeth

Everz

FH is my second home
Looks like an interesting flick to say the least...

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'll let you all into a little secret.

Its fucking shite!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
sparx, did you say you were getting lessons for your guitar or are you soloing it?
i cant progress anymore it seems. i know chords, and i can change between a couple but thats it. i dont know about timings etc :(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
sparx, did you say you were getting lessons for your guitar or are you soloing it?
i cant progress anymore it seems. i know chords, and i can change between a couple but thats it. i dont know about timings etc :(

I'm doing stuff on my own and i have a tutor every week or two weeks depending on time.

I feel like having one lesson saves me a good month or more on my own so its def worth it

tris-

got any links etc that might help me?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I'm pretty sure your more advance than me, ive only been at it 2 months

I'm using tabs my tutor has made more than anything else. Try putting guitar lessons in youtube loads of stuff there

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Thanks, you're going to turn another thread into a gay Overdriven/Everz thread.

Awwww. Somebody adapted to the lack of pseudo-homoerotica while I was away having a life. Sheesh. I'm sorry you weren't part of the gayness, I'm sorry. *Hugs*

I like Toht's random-ass posts, makes things interesting. If everything was straight to the point/on topic, we'd not be in an OFF TOPIC section.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
just finished watching it :p
couple of parts make you cringe but it was a pretty poor movie :p

tris-

I'm pretty sure your more advance than me, ive only been at it 2 months

I'm using tabs my tutor has made more than anything else. Try putting guitar lessons in youtube loads of stuff there

i cant play that much even though ive ahd it a year. i gave up for ages then i came back and learnt wish you were here by floyd. but i couldnt quite get it so gave up again.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Timing is something that comes naturally. Listen to the song you want to learn a lot whilst learning - play along with it etc. Timing is something that definitely just fell into place one day when i was learning (after a couple of years of playing)

tris-

i dont understand all this 4/4 and 8/4 etc stuff. and strumming patterns, when i listen i just cant tell what pattern is being used most of the time.

my understanding is 4/4 is counting to 4 and doing 1 stroke at each count and 8/4 is doing 2 strokes per count?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i dont understand all this 4/4 and 8/4 etc stuff. and strumming patterns, when i listen i just cant tell what pattern is being used most of the time.

my understanding is 4/4 is counting to 4 and doing 1 stroke at each count and 8/4 is doing 2 strokes per count?

Yeah you're right, but it's all bollocks. What proper music timings don't tell you is which way to strum, cos they're for Piano more than anything else. It's best to ignore them and just work the timings out yourself by listening to the piece.

tris-

Yeah you're right, but it's all bollocks. What proper music timings don't tell you is which way to strum, cos they're for Piano more than anything else. It's best to ignore them and just work the timings out yourself by listening to the piece.

any chance you could listen to wish you were here and try help me with the strumming patterns? :p it only uses 4 chords but it sounds so good which is why i want to get it right.

tris-

sparx, ive got some info that might help you as its helped me.

last night i started learning scales and i think its helping me. i know the C major scale and now getting the A minor scale in my head and can play them both backwards and forwards.

it definatley helps understand how to play a bit more, heres an easy site on it THE IMPORTANCE OF RHYTHM

C major scale is a bit boring but the Am one sounds good.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
So far i know the following chords;

E Major
E Minor
B7
B Minor
G Major
D Major

Forgot the others for now haha

tris-

with those chords you can probably play most songs, i know wish you were only uses 4 major chords.
i dont know the theory exactly yet behind the scales but i know if you know scales you can make up every chord there is. i believe also if you wanna be setting the fret board on fire, knowing scales is a good start. gets your fingers going all over the place and efficiency sets in after a while so youre not moving when you dont need to.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
any chance you could listen to wish you were here and try help me with the strumming patterns? :p it only uses 4 chords but it sounds so good which is why i want to get it right.

Just so you know, the album recording uses a 12-string guitar so you wont be able to get that effect unless you have a 12-string or a decent effects pedal.

Also, the first solo for wish you were here is also one of the easiest solos out there but sounds great...well worth trying to learn even if you're fresh to playing.

I do have to say, the best way of learning is to play along with recorded songs; it helps your timing and ear no end.

edit:Oh yeah and teeth was absolute crap... what a waste of a downl...I mean £5.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I like Hair on Her G-String, by Bach. Classic.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Lol! I'll have a crack when i get home.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just watched it, not that bad tbh. Shame we didn't get a better look at her gaping wound though...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
C
VV^V

im bored now - alternate strokes all the way through after that first bit (starting from when the lyrics come in)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom