Question Technical Noob help pls :P

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok I been trying to download a programme of the internet and it gets to 99% and then Norton 360 Anti Virus kicks in and says its a dangerous file (I know it isn't as dangerous as it makes out as I have used the same programme on my other PC) and then Nortons Deletes it before I can do something about it.

I've turned anti virus off and then downloaded it without a problem but as soon as I turn it back on. The stupid anti virus finds the file straight away and then removes it.

As a noob I am I been trying to go through all the options in nortons 360 anti virus and I cannot find anywhere to turn downloading scans off.

Is there a way I can do this? If so, where and how, hehe :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, use a norton remover tool to get rid of that awful fucking bloated peice of shit off your system. It's shit, so is mcaffee, trend and any other paid for total security bollocks.

Use windows security essentials + windows firewall + common sense.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Windows Security Essentials can actually be very annoying with false positives.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've never had any, but anyway, use avg if you prefer, any of the free alternatives are better than norton anything.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I found AVG was okay, but Avast is great for being silent in the background. You can literally forget you've got it installed because it looks after updates itself.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Currently running Avast

Norton is the biggest piece of bloatware shite

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom